blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:20:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664835 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4125 on: September 27, 2020, 08:11:38 PM »

You want a different kind of political ad? Dan Crenshaw is a well known ex-military Congressman who lost an eye in Afghanistan and is spoken about as a future Presidential candidate. He has made a joint ad with a few wannabe Representatives from Texas, which references some movies. It's certainly eye-catching - he jumps out of a plane and we discover that his new eye is bionic. Some people have picked on the English voice that gives the instructions, and there is the question of why he needs to fly to Wesley Hunt, who is in the next District. Wesley lays on the full movie-actor shtick. A lot of people seem to like it, though we learn nothing about anyone's policies.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: September 27, 2020, 08:37:16 PM »

He was on Rogan a year or two back and from what I remember, he was quite sensible for a politician.

Just watched the advert, that can't have been cheap Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 08:41:24 PM by Marky147 » Logged

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: September 27, 2020, 08:41:51 PM »

He was on Rogan a year or two back and from what I rememeber, he was quite sensible for a politician.

I heard he'd been on, but I haven't seen it. I wish he'd wash his hair sometime.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: September 27, 2020, 09:28:29 PM »

He was on Rogan a year or two back and from what I rememeber, he was quite sensible for a politician.

I heard he'd been on, but I haven't seen it. I wish he'd wash his hair sometime.

Haha, it does look like he has just spent a week living in his garden.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: September 27, 2020, 09:28:58 PM »

There it is. It was last summer.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: September 27, 2020, 10:27:37 PM »

First debate is on Tuesday, with Chris Wallace of Fox moderating.

Topics (15 mins each):
- The Trump and Biden Records
- The Supreme Court
- Covid-19
- The Economy
- Race and Violence in our Cities
- The Integrity of the Election

If you want to engage more, you can register with Fox and cheer on your favourite. It's something designed for "second-screen viewers", which I guess includes everyone on here. Apparently, more than 70% were using a second screen to look things up during the 2016 debates, which will be higher now, so Fox is tapping into that to try to keep those viewers on both screens.

MT’s bro
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: September 27, 2020, 10:34:09 PM »

Topics (15 mins each):
- The Trump and Biden Records
- The Supreme Court
- Covid-19
- The Economy
- Race and Violence in our Cities
- The Integrity of the Election

If you want to engage more, you can register with Fox and cheer on your favourite. It's something designed for "second-screen viewers", which I guess includes everyone on here. Apparently, more than 70% were using a second screen to look things up during the 2016 debates, which will be higher now, so Fox is tapping into that to try to keep those viewers on both screens.

My god.......I don’t think anyone in the family knew you had so much spare time on your hands to waste your time on such inane stuff like American politics  Roll Eyes
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: September 28, 2020, 03:12:42 PM »

Saw Donald moaning about him not giving Biden a hard time, lol.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: September 28, 2020, 03:13:38 PM »

Joe has had Crenshaw on twice, but not seen this one.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: September 29, 2020, 10:22:21 PM »

Dipped in a little here and there, same on the other one (does he do anything that isn't 2½ hours?). I came with the intention of hating Crenshaw, but I didn't. I hate that ad he did though.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: September 29, 2020, 10:30:41 PM »

Dipped in a little here and there, same on the other one (does he do anything that isn't 2½ hours?). I came with the intention of hating Crenshaw, but I didn't. I hate that ad he did though.

Rarely anything under 2 hours, unless the guest is really hard work, or he's not enjoying himself.

Ones with his friends are the longest, and he did one with Duncan Trussell which ran 5 1/2 hours nearly. They were worried it wouldn't upload to spotify in one go, as it was such a large file.

Advert is really cringe, for sure Cheesy

He does come across as sensible on the most part, which is unusual for a politician nowadays.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: September 29, 2020, 10:30:58 PM »

Sarah is back Smiley

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: September 30, 2020, 01:29:00 AM »

Tonight's when the gloves come off. The first debate usually gets the biggest audience and can have the most impact. It's not always the case - Obama had a stinker in 2012 and was thrashed by Romney, but came back in the later ones. The campaign suffered for a while and it was actually Biden who got it back on track with his performance against Paul Ryan.

This race continues to slip away from Trump, the latest news being that Iowa and Ohio have been reclassified as Toss-Up. These are States that he won well in 2016 and were 'Likely Trump' at the start of the Summer, before becoming 'Lean Trump'. Now they're not even that. He is doing badly just about everywhere. States all over the place are moving from 'Lean Biden' to 'Likely Biden' or from 'Toss-Up' to 'Lean Biden'. There aren't any States that Hillary won which Donald could take, so he has to retain all of those he won, which is proving to be very tough. Regular Swing States like Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania are all looking to be Biden's, but it's not just them. Some GOP States, that shouldn't be in the equation, are closer than they should be and are consuming resources just to make sure they stay where they belong. So the Party is spending to defend Georgia and even Texas, while Arizona is lost.

The possible results of the election now are a narrow Trump win (still possible), narrow Biden win, a substantial Biden win or a massacre. The third is the most likely at this point, but it could happen that Trump's support falls apart everywhere and he takes a drubbing.

To change the flow of the race, he has to cause a disruption at some point soon - and this is the best opportunity. I would expect him to produce something extreme, maybe even shocking, during the discussion. Something has to change so, in my opinion, he has to take the risk of alienating people in order to damage Biden somehow. Frankly, there's little point in coming unless he does so. I'm sure Stephen Miller will feel the same and prepare him accordingly.

It's hard to beat Biden at this game though. Hillary would meet Trump with great arguments, and Joe can do that too, but he can also drop into a folksy demeanour that is actually an additional killer weapon. Responding with "Come on man, that's just not true" will undermine Trump's spiel more effectively than a reasoned argument.

We'll see what happens - Someone's O has to go!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: September 30, 2020, 01:35:23 AM »

Should be interesting to see what happens, and I'll stay up for it now that I've only just finished working.

2020 has been crazy enough, so I doubt there is much left that can shock us Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: September 30, 2020, 02:04:06 AM »

Thing is, even if Trump takes some of Joe’s debate drug, and has a great night, you know he’ll destroy any gains with some off-script stuff within a couple of days.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: