blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:03:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664725 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4335 on: November 04, 2020, 03:34:56 AM »

Was watching Brillo and tried a bit of CNN.

CNN has great detail reviewing county by county at times with total votes counted, split so far and an insight into the kind of demographic of the county

That guy is an absolute machine. He doesn't stop.

Ha, true, does a great job of laying it out for you in an easy to understand way

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: November 04, 2020, 04:30:46 AM »

I wish they would tell us more about which votes have been counted in these States. In general, Biden should dominate in mail-in / early votes and in urban areas; Trump in live on-the-day and rural. Also, areas are characterised by certain ethnic/employment/education groups. If we don't know which groups have been counted, one of the candidates being ahead doesn't mean as much as it seems.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: November 04, 2020, 04:31:17 AM »

Fox News has declared Biden for Arizona! This is all going to be on the Upper Midwest sometime later in the week with BIden needing 2 of Pa, Mi, WI.

I predict this is going to be messy, very messy.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: November 04, 2020, 04:57:52 AM »

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: November 04, 2020, 06:08:38 AM »

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: November 04, 2020, 09:47:01 AM »

Fox News has declared Biden for Arizona! This is all going to be on the Upper Midwest sometime later in the week with BIden needing 2 of Pa, Mi, WI.

I predict this is going to be messy, very messy.

This isn't going well, but big cities and absentee ballots should favour Biden (as should a big turnout!).

It is fairly depressing that the Democrats may not even have increased their vote share; and that Trump could well have won twice despite not winning the popular vote either time. 

The polls were much further out than they were for Brexit and they were for the last election.  It seems this is the shy Tory effect on steroids. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: November 04, 2020, 09:56:19 AM »

So if Biden takes Wisconsin where it is reported he is now ahead with the absentees and very Dem cities being counted, , he needs one of North Carolina, Georgia, Michigan or Pennsylvania for the presidency? Or have I got my maths wrong?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: November 04, 2020, 10:05:33 AM »

So if Biden takes Wisconsin where it is reported he is now ahead with the absentees and very Dem cities being counted, , he needs one of North Carolina, Georgia, Michigan or Pennsylvania for the presidency? Or have I got my maths wrong?

I am struggling to keep up as different sites are including different results already declared, so I am not sure what is outstanding anymore.  The UK election seems far simpler to follow. 

I made the mistake of staying up too late and then waking up at 5 and then trying to work our what was going on. I am not sure I am less confused now.

Good luck Joe, whatever has happened already.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: November 04, 2020, 10:06:20 AM »

Biden back into 2.04 from 3.35 half an hour ago.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: November 04, 2020, 10:14:09 AM »

and it may be Biden + Republican Senate? so scope to do much limited?

Every newscast, every poll, virtually every respectable pundit told us American voters had collectively turned heavily against Trump. That manifestly wasn't true. In fact without COVID Trump would have won handily?

The US commentariat seems to be unrepresentative of large swatches of the country? suppose its the same here

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: November 04, 2020, 10:20:24 AM »

the Betfair markets were wild last night! A bunch was matched on Dems in Virginia up to 1.5 several hours after the result was already declared for the Democrats.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: November 04, 2020, 10:23:56 AM »

Just getting Trump out is going to be so good for a lot of people and not just in the US.  Presumably some of those Senate Republicans will start using their voice for good too?

Biden has gone favourite again on Betfair.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: November 04, 2020, 11:06:13 AM »

Every newscast, every poll, virtually every respectable pundit told us American voters had collectively turned heavily against Trump. That manifestly wasn't true. In fact without COVID Trump would have won handily?

The US commentariat seems to be unrepresentative of large swatches of the country? suppose its the same here

Watched this yesterday, quite a right wing panel with one exception. It's long but the pieces, in particular from the pollster, set out very well why the other pollsters get it wrong (he was calling a Trump win or at least extremely close)

IMO, many of the pollsters actively try to lead opinion rather than report opinion accurately

« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:31:28 AM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: November 04, 2020, 11:26:15 AM »

Watched this yesterday, quite a right wing panel with one exception. It's long but the pieces, in particular from the pollster, set out very well why the other pollsters get it wrong (he was calling a Trump win or at least extremely close)

IMO, many of the pollsters actively try to lead opinion rather than report opinion accurately

Wrong link, in more ways than one?

Biden back into about 1.6.  

I've just cashed in for about half.  It doiesn't seem nearly as certain as it was when I took a bigger price. so just makes sense to not be as heavily exposed as I was.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:35:25 AM by Doobs » Logged

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: November 04, 2020, 11:32:31 AM »

Pah, should check what I do, thanks and changed it

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: