blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Tampa Nights
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tampa Nights  (Read 20321 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 05:48:49 AM »

So moving onto Sunday and NFL game day....

A beautiful sunny day begins with the tailgate.. this for those not in the know is a tradition that happens before NFL games where all the fans get out big BBQ's in the carpark and have a party. Its incredibly good natured with opposing fans welcomed and much food and beer consumed. Coming from a country where sports fandom is both tribal and fueled by vitriol, it was both alien and refreshing to see American fans of both teams stand side by side in the stadium and trade nothing more than good natured taunts as opposed to the broken bottles and the wife's best carving knife you would expect if ever such a thing happened at an English football ground.
For once we could learn from our cousins from across the pond. 

Tampa are playing the New Orleans Saints, I have been a saints fan for many years but decide to root for the home side..I'm in the Home Members Section and I'm not as brave as the 14 year old kid two rows in front of us resplendent in his Drew Brees shirt who tomahawks in celebration at every Saints first down.

I like to purchase the top of the home team when i go to a game..Vucevic top on Friday and a Winston one for Tampa.  The Winston one an eye watering $170... I get some admiring comments as i seem to have purchased THE brand new kit top... it didn't ease the hole in my wallet .

The game was a cracker Tampa hanging in and finally going down in the dying minutes..the atmosphere was great and much hi fiving was had with the locals when the home team scored... accompanied by canon fire from the full size pirate ship that takes up one end of the stadium... only in America eh !

So 3 days of tourist stuff ends tomorrow with some Poker accompanied I'm sure by some degen Blackjack time.

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 05:50:11 AM »

Tailgaiting

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 05:51:10 AM »

One Pirate Ship

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 05:52:13 AM »

Great Stadium

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 07:41:33 AM »

Good stuff Dean, thanks.

$170 for a NFL shirt? Sheesh.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 11:04:01 AM »

Boom boom pow!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 11:15:37 AM »

“This is the first time I’ve been to Tampa — or Florida — to play,” Morris sayed. “It’s been really good. I like the [Seminole] Hard Rock […] I enjoyed it. It was a good game today — nice and friendly. Even though I had my headphones on the whole time, I could just tell.”

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 11:24:02 AM »

Impressive, well played sir.
Enjoy the main.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »

“This is the first time I’ve been to Tampa — or Florida — to play,” Morris sayed. “It’s been really good. I like the [Seminole] Hard Rock […] I enjoyed it. It was a good game today — nice and friendly. Even though I had my headphones on the whole time, I could just tell.”

Deano is so hench xx

sola virtus nobilitat
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »

Congratulations

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 12:03:39 PM »

well done. quite the trip. lebron wins, the saints win, you win...

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »

Boom boom pow!

Wow, well done Dean.

Has he shrunk, or has he always been that small?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »

Well done on the win, looks like you're having a great time.  Looking forward to more updates.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2015, 11:56:08 PM »

Lol Chompy steals my thunder... but as you can see the first poker tourney went well.... hit some nice hands and played pretty solid....
Also managed to find the only American poker player who could fold aces on a 9 high board.. he was super solid so he either had Ak or a big pair.. so i floated like a very heavy butterfly to see what he did on the turn which paired nicely.. we went check check and I led the river for an amount that begged for a call.. he ummed he arred told me had aces and i managed to keep smiling as i shit my pants... he asked if i would show.. of course i would .. he folded and the table erupted in gasps as i showed king high....

the final went fairly quickly, managing to take two oppo's out with AQ v QQ v66 aipf... rivered a flush like the run good king i am...3 handed we were all fairly even and i agreed a chip chop as one of the others was Pablo Escobars twin brother and was in every hand with ATC.. so he was either gonna felt me in some imaginatively horrific way or i may end up in the boot of his car with a Colombian neck tie... so took the chop and a seat for the main ...

Obviousley couldnt leave without a visit to the blackjack table.. managed to get into a $1200 hole courtesy of an angel faced Cuban dealer whose ability not to bust and pull 21 from the deepest darkest depths of hell was unsurpassed... thankfully she went on break and manged to right the ship and book a minimal loss Smiley .

Today had a lie in.. gym session and ghey boy shopping... some new ray bans to replace paddle board accident.. some bits from uncle Calvin and a rather nice pressie for the better looking half for xmas... off to check on Jeff in the seniors and have dastardly plans to wreak shock and awe upon Fidel Castro's daughter in the black jack pit.. only one of us is gonna make it prepare urself love its gonna hurt Smiley... ( me prob )

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2015, 11:57:29 PM »

Boom boom pow!

Wow, well done Dean.

Has he shrunk, or has he always been that small?

i slump in my seat..mother always told me off for it... thats why i killed her... ah that might be a dream i had Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: