blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:38:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Four slice toaster- a question.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Four slice toaster- a question.  (Read 5567 times)
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2016, 07:49:56 PM »

to broaden it out

hotels

you book breakfast

and they present to you a machine where you lay the bread flat and it goes conveyor belt stylee and then comes out of the bottom

just wrong, hotel marked down on trip advisor as a result, every time

Click to see full-size image.

These should be banned.
On holiday the rest of the family goes rushing of to get their breakfast and muggins here has to stand and toast fourteen rounds of bread for everyone.
Each slice travels through at the speed of a glacier and then drops out just warmed and still pale, so you have to put it through again much to the horror of the other guests.
This is when toaster etiquette comes in.
Some people keep there distance until you have finished completely, but it's generally accepted that you can put your bread on as soon as there is a gap, providing you pay attention to which ones are yours and do not commit the cardinal sin of picking someone else's up by mistake. 'Scuse fingers' don't cut it when some randomer has there mawlers on your sliced white.
Of course the second trip through has rendered it charcoal anyway unless you are willing to risk life and limb by dragging it out midway with the bread knife.
Why can't hotels just have normal toasters?

Of course, for grown-ups & members of the male gender, that little dial on the side speeds up or slows down the speed of the conveyory thingery & therefore the brownery rate of the toast. 

I am aware of this, but sometimes it's not easily accessible or has been removed by staff who don't appreciate people twiddling knobs in the breakfast hall without permission from the appropriate authorities.

Had one of these toasters in the pub.  First one we had, everyone and his child would play with the dial and you would always get the fire alarm going off for the mini bonfire thats taking place within the toaster or, you would end up with at least a loaf of unwanted "test" toasts.

Eventually that toaster went to toaster heaven & we got a brand new one, crucial difference was that this one had a guard which could be fixed in place over the dial  Smiley
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2016, 09:42:52 PM »

to broaden it out

hotels

you book breakfast

and they present to you a machine where you lay the bread flat and it goes conveyor belt stylee and then comes out of the bottom

just wrong, hotel marked down on trip advisor as a result, every time

Click to see full-size image.

These should be banned.
On holiday the rest of the family goes rushing of to get their breakfast and muggins here has to stand and toast fourteen rounds of bread for everyone.
Each slice travels through at the speed of a glacier and then drops out just warmed and still pale, so you have to put it through again much to the horror of the other guests.
This is when toaster etiquette comes in.
Some people keep their distance until you have finished completely, but it's generally accepted that you can put your bread on as soon as there is a gap, providing you pay attention to which ones are yours and do not commit the cardinal sin of picking someone else's up by mistake. 'Scuse fingers' don't cut it when some randomer has there mawlers on your sliced white.
Of course the second trip through has rendered it charcoal anyway unless you are willing to risk life and limb by dragging it out midway with the bread knife.
Why can't hotels just have normal toasters?

Of course, for grown-ups & members of the male gender, that little dial on the side speeds up or slows down the speed of the conveyory thingery & therefore the brownery rate of the toast. 

I am aware of this, but sometimes it's not easily accessible or has been removed by staff who don't appreciate people twiddling knobs in the breakfast hall without permission from the appropriate authorities.

Had one of these toasters in the pub.  First one we had, everyone and his child would play with the dial and you would always get the fire alarm going off for the mini bonfire thats taking place within the toaster or, you would end up with at least a loaf of unwanted "test" toasts.

Eventually that toaster went to toaster heaven & we got a brand new one, crucial difference was that this one had a guard which could be fixed in place over the dial  Smiley

Thank you bunnydas8888, someone who obviously knows what they are talking about, although, according to tikay the mini bonfires could not caused by everyone and their child, only men and geriatrics have that particular talent.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2016, 10:34:08 PM »

^^^^

Behave, I have a degree in working toasters.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2016, 02:12:16 PM »

Came across a 4 slice toaster at the in-laws this weekend.
Concerned about Father In-Law not having considered spring loading wear issues, I enquired if he used left hand side one day and right hand side the next.
I was told very clearly that Left hand side was his on his settings, and right hand side was hers, set to her settings as they like there toast done differently.
Apparently the introduction of a four slice toaster had ended 20 years of breakfast arguments, as to how toast should be cooked, who had moved who's nobs etc.

Now they just sit in blissful silence every morning.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 02:32:26 PM »

Came across a 4 slice toaster at the in-laws this weekend.
Concerned about Father In-Law not having considered spring loading wear issues, I enquired if he used left hand side one day and right hand side the next.
I was told very clearly that Left hand side was his on his settings, and right hand side was hers, set to her settings as they like there toast done differently.
Apparently the introduction of a four slice toaster had ended 20 years of breakfast arguments, as to how toast should be cooked, who had moved who's nobs etc.

Now they just sit in blissful silence every morning.
This is genius and will now be implemented in my house as my Wife likes warmed up bread and often I have to retoast.

Cymru am byth
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2016, 12:15:53 AM »

Reading this thread about toasters has just inspired me to order a new one online.  Since the same date Vettel won his last F1 title ( 2013? ) my toaster has required me to hold it down to toast bread. The spring is broken that lights up the heating elements. It broke while I watched Vettel win his last title on tv during that race.

My kettle has the same problem with the switch and I need to hold that down as well. A few times it's knocked off the trip switch on the fuse box when I've held it down to boil some water.

After reading this thread I went online and ordered a brand new kettle and toaster from Tesco online. Call me a cheap skate but up until now I never felt the need to replace them. I believe in getting my money's worth from a purchase.  I am looking forward to my purchases arriving in the next few days.  I got both for the total price of £25 so I think I did well .  The toaster isn't a 4 slice one though, its a basic 2 slice type. Where I live I will be the envy of all my neighbours. Most of them don't own fancy things like toasters.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 01:30:23 PM »

Our toasters would be better if we weren't in the EU, according to this UKIP MEP.

“I want to get power back to Westminster and Holyrood then we can get some proper toasters,” David Coburn told BuzzFeed News.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/this-ukip-mep-wants-to-leave-the-eu-because-his-toaster-is-c#.aeEeEAlYq

(mods: this doesn't mean you now have to merge the EU and Toaster threads.)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2016, 01:36:41 PM »

Guffaw

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2016, 02:01:03 PM »

Our toasters would be better if we weren't in the EU, according to this UKIP MEP.

“I want to get power back to Westminster and Holyrood then we can get some proper toasters,” David Coburn told BuzzFeed News.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/this-ukip-mep-wants-to-leave-the-eu-because-his-toaster-is-c#.aeEeEAlYq

Love that article.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2016, 12:40:30 PM »

Just get this....

Amana MXP5221 Menumaster High Speed Combination Oven

Amana MXP5221 Menumaster High Speed Combination Oven
View Larger Image
SKU: MXP5221
 /></div>
      <div class=
In stock
Write a Review