blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:04:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 198196 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2016, 09:49:01 PM »

Zeke is going top 10, maybe at 4. Won't last to dolphins or raiders, would need to trade up

You surely take Ramsey at 4? Arguably the best player in the draft in the area you're weakest. He could go to Miami, although they need cover for their ageing defensive superstars. Dodd or Lawson if available would make sense.

Matt Miller's latest 10:

Don't agree with the pick at 3. Ravens would be delighted to get Tunsil. He won't get past Jacksonville if he didn't end up in San Diego.

Think the 49ers have 12 picks this year. Even Chip Kelly should be able to find someone he won't fall out with out of that lot.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:51:43 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 10:09:41 PM »

Second time in the last 40 years the top two picks were traded.

Makes you wonder why Dallas lost all those games at the end of last season. These teams do realise Winston and Mariota were last year, right?

There's a real possibility now that Ezekiel Elliot will be available still win the Raiders are on the clock. I think that could be a very exciting pairing.

We have Latavius Murray already, so think it's pretty unlikely we take a RB at 14. I would be okay with it if we did take him, as he'd probably be the best player on the board if he falls that far, and I can see what adding a second quality RB would do for us even though it's not a need that we have to fill at this point in the draft. Giants @ 10 seems a very plausible landing spot even though they have other needs too, and Dolphins don't have Lamar Miller any more cos he's gone to the Texans. So if he gets past the Dolphins who are immediately above us, I'll be amazed. Would be totally okay with taking him at 14 if the opportunity arose, but it's very unlikely he gets to 14, and it's not that likely we take him there if he does.

Much more likely we draft on defence, probably at Linebacker. Aldon Smith I think is suspended for the whole of next year as it stands, and we cut Curtis Lofton too. We picked up Bruce Irvin but I'd still like to see us take an OLB, especially if we plan on using Khalil Mack at DE a lot again next year then we could use a really good "backup" OLB who will get significant playing time. Reggie Ragland is a decent option to replace Curtis Lofton in the middle, too, and would probably be my pick.

If we don't take a linebacker then we'll probably get a Corner or Safety. We need to find someone to 'replace' Charles Woodson, and D.J. Hayden hasn't lived up to expectations for a first round pick at CB either. Looking at some of the teams above us though, I expect a few CBs going off the board early. Is the 4th best corner in the draft the best way to use the 14th pick? Would expect there to be better value for the pick at other positions, then grab a corner in the 2nd round.

We'll probably pick up a couple of RBs later on and pick up some undrafted free agents though, the depth chart is pretty grim after Latavius Murray. We'll probably use a 3rd/4th on a RB who'll be pencilled in as the backup, then bring in a couple of UFAs to compete for the job/roster spots in preseason.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:11:20 PM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 11:15:06 PM »

Second time in the last 40 years the top two picks were traded.

Makes you wonder why Dallas lost all those games at the end of last season. These teams do realise Winston and Mariota were last year, right?

There's a real possibility now that Ezekiel Elliot will be available still win the Raiders are on the clock. I think that could be a very exciting pairing.

We have Latavius Murray already, so think it's pretty unlikely we take a RB at 14. I would be okay with it if we did take him, as he'd probably be the best player on the board if he falls that far, and I can see what adding a second quality RB would do for us even though it's not a need that we have to fill at this point in the draft. Giants @ 10 seems a very plausible landing spot even though they have other needs too, and Dolphins don't have Lamar Miller any more cos he's gone to the Texans. So if he gets past the Dolphins who are immediately above us, I'll be amazed. Would be totally okay with taking him at 14 if the opportunity arose, but it's very unlikely he gets to 14, and it's not that likely we take him there if he does.

Much more likely we draft on defence, probably at Linebacker. Aldon Smith I think is suspended for the whole of next year as it stands, and we cut Curtis Lofton too. We picked up Bruce Irvin but I'd still like to see us take an OLB, especially if we plan on using Khalil Mack at DE a lot again next year then we could use a really good "backup" OLB who will get significant playing time. Reggie Ragland is a decent option to replace Curtis Lofton in the middle, too, and would probably be my pick.

If we don't take a linebacker then we'll probably get a Corner or Safety. We need to find someone to 'replace' Charles Woodson, and D.J. Hayden hasn't lived up to expectations for a first round pick at CB either. Looking at some of the teams above us though, I expect a few CBs going off the board early. Is the 4th best corner in the draft the best way to use the 14th pick? Would expect there to be better value for the pick at other positions, then grab a corner in the 2nd round.

We'll probably pick up a couple of RBs later on and pick up some undrafted free agents though, the depth chart is pretty grim after Latavius Murray. We'll probably use a 3rd/4th on a RB who'll be pencilled in as the backup, then bring in a couple of UFAs to compete for the job/roster spots in preseason.

It's not likely, I grant you, but stranger things have happened. If he's still on the board when you're on the clock, it's a no brainer to take Zeke. Giants should take him but they are a barmy bunch. And yes I backed them last year!

A good third down back is exactly what Carr needs and I trust the Raiders right now to make good decisions. Haven't said that in a while!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2016, 08:07:24 AM »

What time does the draft start and is it on tv?

Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2016, 10:18:47 AM »

What time does the draft start and is it on tv?

The last couple of years, the draft has been shown live on Sky Sports. Will start around 0100 I think.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2016, 11:00:34 AM »

sky should cover the first round

www.nfl.com stream nfl network free for the three days

Thursday 28th 8pm ET: The first round

Friday 29th 7pm ET: The Second and third rounds

Saturday 30th Noon ET: Fourth to seventh rounds

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2016, 09:07:33 PM »

NFL – Verified account ‏@NFL

"The San Diego @Chargers could likely trade out of the #3 overall pick."  http://snpy.tv/1Sqr9Vq
11:45 a.m. - 23 Apr 2016

This is getting silly now...

fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2016, 08:26:44 PM »

Brady's 4 game ban has been reinstated by the Supreme Appeals Court in America.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2016, 08:34:14 PM »

Any mock draft competitions about? Anyone know of good sites for it running comps?

Tighty has piqued my interest with his 2004 boss moding. I fancy Darvin Mooning my way to the place money.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2016, 08:47:45 PM »

Ourlads.com

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2016, 09:39:12 PM »

Ourlads.com

Seven rounds?! That's an awful lot of research.

Anything nearer one round?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2016, 09:44:16 PM »

Check nfl.com

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2016, 12:22:34 AM »

Tal's mock draft (subject to fourteen more versions in the next 48 hours):

1. LA - Goff - QB
2. PHI - Wentz - QB
3. SD - Tunsil - OL
4. DAL - Bosa - DE
5. JAX - Ramsey - CB/S
6. BAL - Bucknor - DE
7. SF - Stanley - OT

Trade alert! Oakland and Cleveland trade picks.

8. OAK - Elliott - RB
9. TB - Hargreaves - CB
10. NYG - Floyd - OLB
11. CHI - Lawson - DE
12. NO - Lynch - QB
13. MIA - Apple - CB
14. CLE - Jack - LB
15. TEN - Conklin - OT
16. DET - Robinson - DT
17. ATL - Ragland - LB
18. IND - Decker - OT
19. BUF - Reed - DT
20. NYJ - Dodd - DE
21. WAS - (Ryan) Kelly - C
22. HOU - Coleman - WR
23. MIN - Treadwell - WR
24. CIN - Ogbah - DE
25. PIT - Jackson III - CB
26. SEA - Ifedi - OT
27. GB - Lee - LB
28. KC - Rankins - DT
29. ARI - Joseph - S
30. CAR - Spriggs - OT
31. DEN - Whitehair - OG

Anyone else fancy posting theirs?

Any views on the list above? Marks out of 31?

I can see a trade or two in the 17-24 range, as teams vie for particular players, but I am struggling to see where, based on the order as I've done it. As played, I think that stays as it is.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2016, 07:55:44 AM »

Best prices for the Superb Owl:

15/2 Seattle Seahawks
9/1 New England Patriots
9/1 Carolina Panthers
12/1 Pittsburgh Steelers
12/1 Green Bay Packers
14/1 Arizona Cardinals
16/1 Cincinnati Bengals
18/1 Denver Broncos
25/1 bar

Seahawks favourite? The three teams below them in this list should win their divisions. Seattle will struggle to win 11 games and might not make the cut. What's the bookies' reasoning?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2016, 10:08:40 AM »

Tal, most versions i submit are no trades but as you have done trades

1. LA - Goff - QB
2. PHI - Wentz - QB
3. SD - Buckner - DE
4. DAL - Ramsey CB/S
5. JAX - Bosa - DE
6. BAL - Tunsil - OT
7. Trade MIA Elliott - RB.
8. Trade OAK - Hargreaves - CB
9. TB - Stanley -OT
10. NYG - Floyd -OLB
11. CHI - Apple - CB
12. NO - Rankins - DT
13. SF - Lawson - DE
14. CLE - Ragland - LB
15. TEN - Conklin -OT
16. DET - Decker -OT
17. ATL - Jack - LB
18. IND - Jackson - CB
19. BUF - Lee - LB
20. trade DEN - Lynch- QB
21. WAS - Kelly - C
22. HOU - Coleman - WR
23. MIN - Treadwell - WR
24. CIN - Doctson - WR
25. PIT - Ragland LB
26. SEA - Whitehair - OG
27. GB - Robinson - DT
28. KC- Fuller - WR
29. ARI - Joseph - S
30. CAR - Alexander- CB
31. NYJ - Cook QB

fancy a competition?

1 points for getting a first round pick
upgrade to 3 points first round pick to right team

winner buys the other a cuppa next time we meet?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:25:34 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: