blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:04:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 195594 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: October 01, 2017, 02:19:33 PM »

Under 52.5 basically even money now.

Anyone else not a Cutler fan?

Yeah, I love the unders today.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 01, 2017, 04:13:39 PM »

Under 52.5 basically even money now.

Anyone else not a Cutler fan?

Yeah, I love the unders today.

0-0 HT great bet unders but terrible game to watch

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 02, 2017, 12:49:45 AM »

Never usually watch NFL on Sunday as I play online poker, but played less today and watched Red Zone for the first time ever tonight. Wow it is a fantastic thing. Four one-possession games, switching between them, no adverts or stoppages!
LEXUS

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 02, 2017, 12:51:35 AM »

When you bet on the 1st TD scorer & they bring it home in the last play of overtime lol

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 03, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »

Back up quarterbacks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 03, 2017, 09:12:03 AM »

spot the problem

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 03, 2017, 11:21:20 AM »

spot the problem

Click to see full-size image.

Ouch! He was in even more pain when the team doctor got a hold of his finger to snap it together again.

Looks like he's got a banged up helmet, too.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #922 on: October 03, 2017, 06:08:38 PM »

Any opinions on taking 10/3 for Deshaun Watson to be OROY? It's shorter than I would have liked, but to me it's basically a 2 horse race between him and Hunt. Now obviously Hunt has a big lead in that so far, but RBs are a lot more prone to injury than QBs and QBs are considered far more attractive in these types of things (See Zeke vs Dak last year)

If you're on Hunt already anyway then I think it's a no brainer to get on Watson as cover, if not... that makes it a little more difficult. Any opinion?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 03, 2017, 06:19:41 PM »

Any opinions on taking 10/3 for Deshaun Watson to be OROY? It's shorter than I would have liked, but to me it's basically a 2 horse race between him and Hunt. Now obviously Hunt has a big lead in that so far, but RBs are a lot more prone to injury than QBs and QBs are considered far more attractive in these types of things (See Zeke vs Dak last year)

If you're on Hunt already anyway then I think it's a no brainer to get on Watson as cover, if not... that makes it a little more difficult. Any opinion?

Honestly, I still think Houston finish 8-8 or worse. He is flying at the moment but it's rarely that easy and the awards favour the latecomers above the early performers.

You want to back a team you have making the playoffs or dramatically improving a really poor one. Kizer still has time for that and who knows what Trubisky does when he gets his chance on Sunday.

Romo was still in cleats this time last year.

Far rather take a fancy price on a fancied team than a short price on a team that is 50/50 to make the playoffs.

As to your cover point, only cover if the bet is value. Ride the variance otherwise.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:21:41 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 03, 2017, 06:34:47 PM »

Through four weeks of the 2017 NFL season, no WR has above 400 REC YDs. The first time that's happened since 1987.

My eyes are open wide
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 03, 2017, 10:26:13 PM »

I personally wouldn't take that price. Don't think it's true to say it's a 2 horse race, there's still some very solid outsider options.

Fournette doesn't have the yardage totals yet, but if he gets 1000-1200 yards and the Jags make the playoffs, maybe he has a shot. Still not sold on the AFC South as being a particularly good division, so that could work in his favour to help boost his numbers vs division opponents.

The Chiefs have to play the Broncos twice, who have held Lynch and Zeke to a combined 20 rushing yards in the last 2 games. If the Broncos stop Kareem Hunt while Fournette runs over a weak AFC South then it could blow the OPOTY race wide open.

The Chiefs wouldn't be 4-0 without Hunt IMO, but they'd still be a pretty damn good team, so the impact of having weapons around him will definitely be discussed. There's no such debate with Fournette, he pretty much is the entire Jacksonville offense if you look at the names around him. If it's close, then voters might value a guy who pushed an otherwise poor team to 9-7 or 10-6 and broke a playoff drought over a guy who made a playoff team even better. I wouldn't even call Fournette an outsider yet, tbh. Reckon it's a 3 horse race with him still very much in the mix at present, then a couple of guys who can realistically play themselves into contention.

Alvin Kamara has been pretty spectacular and if he continues taking reps off Ingram and they stop feeling like they have to give Adrian Peterson carries because of his name, then his stats will start to reflect that. I doubt he takes the award given the Saints' system and insistence on RB by committee though. Probs needs 1000 yards receiving and a handy contribution running the ball, which means staying healthy for 16 games and some more formations where he's lined up at receiver with Ingram in the backfield, plus taking carries off Ingram as well. It's possible, but tough.

Trubisky starts in Chicago next week. No reason he can't have a shot if he plays well, albeit over 12 weeks. I'd price him up as 4th fave behind Fournette and the other two, or maybe 5th fave behind Kamara given he's got nobody of any note to throw to.

Honourable mention for Ryan Ramczyk as they won't give the award to an O-Lineman in a million years, but the guy deserves some love.

As to your cover point, only cover if the bet is value. Ride the variance otherwise.

^ This.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:55:22 PM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 05, 2017, 08:57:09 AM »

Anyone sort of agree with what Cam Newton said?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/41508759

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 05, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »

Sort of, I don't think it's sexist, just an unusual sort of funny I guess.   I remember a bit back, 5 Live went through a faze of having a Scottish woman commentating on the cricket - that's funny too isn't it?  Similar sort of thing.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 05, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »

Sort of, I don't think it's sexist, just an unusual sort of funny I guess.   I remember a bit back, 5 Live went through a faze of having a Scottish woman commentating on the cricket - that's funny too isn't it?  Similar sort of thing.

Of course it's sexist.

If a white player had made the same "joke" about a black reporter, would you think that was wrong?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #929 on: October 05, 2017, 06:31:17 PM »

I personally wouldn't take that price. Don't think it's true to say it's a 2 horse race, there's still some very solid outsider options.

Fournette doesn't have the yardage totals yet, but if he gets 1000-1200 yards and the Jags make the playoffs, maybe he has a shot. Still not sold on the AFC South as being a particularly good division, so that could work in his favour to help boost his numbers vs division opponents.

The Chiefs have to play the Broncos twice, who have held Lynch and Zeke to a combined 20 rushing yards in the last 2 games. If the Broncos stop Kareem Hunt while Fournette runs over a weak AFC South then it could blow the OPOTY race wide open.

The Chiefs wouldn't be 4-0 without Hunt IMO, but they'd still be a pretty damn good team, so the impact of having weapons around him will definitely be discussed. There's no such debate with Fournette, he pretty much is the entire Jacksonville offense if you look at the names around him. If it's close, then voters might value a guy who pushed an otherwise poor team to 9-7 or 10-6 and broke a playoff drought over a guy who made a playoff team even better. I wouldn't even call Fournette an outsider yet, tbh. Reckon it's a 3 horse race with him still very much in the mix at present, then a couple of guys who can realistically play themselves into contention.

Alvin Kamara has been pretty spectacular and if he continues taking reps off Ingram and they stop feeling like they have to give Adrian Peterson carries because of his name, then his stats will start to reflect that. I doubt he takes the award given the Saints' system and insistence on RB by committee though. Probs needs 1000 yards receiving and a handy contribution running the ball, which means staying healthy for 16 games and some more formations where he's lined up at receiver with Ingram in the backfield, plus taking carries off Ingram as well. It's possible, but tough.

Trubisky starts in Chicago next week. No reason he can't have a shot if he plays well, albeit over 12 weeks. I'd price him up as 4th fave behind Fournette and the other two, or maybe 5th fave behind Kamara given he's got nobody of any note to throw to.

Honourable mention for Ryan Ramczyk as they won't give the award to an O-Lineman in a million years, but the guy deserves some love.

^ This.

Thanks for the opinions. I had pretty much overlooked Fournette. It would take a miracle for a Blake Bortles team to get the playoffs, whilst Deshaun Watson could lead his team there and QBs always get more credit than other positions.

Kamara has looked very good actually, but again, I just don't think he'll single-handedly get the Saints to the playoffs, but who knows there. He could finish with 500 and 1000 and 10 TDs, that'd be a hell of a rookie season and they quite obviously love him there.

And Great point about the Chiefs having to play the Broncos twice, they've been lights out on run defence this season as stated

Trubisky is an interesting one, he won't get the Bears anywhere, but if he gets them to 8 wins then he'd be hugely successful.

I guess you're right with regards to it being a "whoever is hot near the time of voting" thing as well though, as it happens I actually tipped Watson at , so didn't need to hedge anyway, was a busy summer and missed it from my spreadsheet somehow.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: