blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:13:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  They are dropping like flies at the moment
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: They are dropping like flies at the moment  (Read 209897 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2017, 07:58:13 PM »

Joost Van Der Westhuizen aged 45

Click to see full-size image.

A genuinely brilliant scrum half, one of the greats from any era

Struck down with MND post retirement and battled for years before dying today.

RIP

Remember seeing him about 5 years ago and thinking wtf? A lot of these diseases are fairly meaningless and names you just hear until you see someone you know or in this case a healthy sportsperson in the prime of their life struck down and in a terrible looking state only a few years later.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2017, 10:35:14 PM »

Yea this has really shocked me, I didn't even know he was stricken with the illness. Like when Jonah Lomu died it's mad to witness super fit sportsmen who were in their prime about 5mins ago wither away to such debilitating conditions. Really sad to hear about Joost, he was so damn good.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2017, 11:50:59 PM »

Hans Rosling now too, his data visualisations were immense. Wasn't even aware he had been ill the last year.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2017, 01:28:35 AM »

That sucks, his TED talks were great

https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_shows_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen#t-239920

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2017, 04:53:28 PM »

TPT RIP a year after being diagnosed with a brain tumour Britain's favourite IT girl passes away
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:55:02 PM by Ironside » Logged

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2017, 05:02:27 PM »

TPT RIP a year after being diagnosed with a brain tumour Britain's favourite IT girl passes away

What a waste. RIP Tara.

The older I get, the better I was.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2017, 05:05:51 PM »

Only 45, no age at all.

Obviously she was one of the first 'famous for being famous' types but she was a real mainstay of 90s TV, seemed very troubled despite all her luxuries (she was drunk a few times on daytime TV if I recall). RIP.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2017, 05:59:24 PM »

I guess doing a qball of Charlie for breakfast catches up with you at some point. 
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2017, 06:20:14 PM »

I guess doing a qball of Charlie for breakfast catches up with you at some point. 

Very sad, though im not sure qballs of charlie cause brain tumours. She was slightly before my time, but clearly a much loved character. 45 too, life really is too short

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2017, 06:40:56 PM »

Only 45, no age at all.

Obviously she was one of the first 'famous for being famous' types but she was a real mainstay of 90s TV, seemed very troubled despite all her luxuries (she was drunk a few times on daytime TV if I recall). RIP.

She was absolutely f**king awesome. Totally in love with her when I was a young fella and probably one of the reasons I get bored of 'nice girls'.

RIP Tara.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2017, 11:29:35 PM »

Only 45, no age at all.

She was absolutely f**king awesome. Totally in love with her when I was a young fella and probably one of the reasons I get bored of 'nice girls'.

RIP Tara.

yeah i gotto agree about the totally being in love although she wouldnt have been the typical woman i would of gone for

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2017, 01:33:47 PM »

Only 45, no age at all.

RIP Tara.

yeah i gotto agree about the totally being in love although she wouldnt have been the typical woman i would of gone for

Seemed like a bit of rough posh totty to me. Clearly led a troubled existence, but her appearance on IACGMOOH did a lot for her image, and perhaps her own self esteem. We can only hope that she was now at peace with herself and those around her. RIP Ms Parker-Tompkinson
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2017, 01:42:50 PM »

Only 45, no age at all.

RIP Tara.

Would have had you much more as a Mel Sykes fan than TPT from that era.  First generation of proper hard living by the IT girls and ladettes takes its first casualty.  RIP Tara.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2017, 01:48:39 PM »

the two are totally unrelated?

pretty bad taste comment on the day of her death really

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »

the two are totally unrelated?

pretty bad taste comment on the day of her death really

My sister died of exactly the same thing, and she lived a pretty clean life, just luck of the draw I guess......
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: