blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:06:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170297 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 24, 2018, 11:00:41 AM »

I'm really impressed by Foakes's 'keeping - he looks very stylish and classy behind the stumps especially to the spinners.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 24, 2018, 11:01:35 AM »

Foakes looks like he may have suffered a broken finger behind the stumps.

If that's the case, quite the dilemma for Root to decide who keeps in the 2nd Innings.

For sure, Bairstow, will expect to get the shout.

Real cat amongst the pigeons stuff.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 18, 2018, 10:30:36 AM »

Arise Sir Alistair Cook.

I'm a bit on the fence as to whether sportsmen deserve Sir-ships, but if ever a cricketer deserved one, surely it's this one.

33 Test centuries, & an unbroken run of 159 Test matches.

Youngest player in the world to reach 6,000 Test runs, ditto 7,000, 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, 11,000 & 12,000.

Seems a decent chap, too.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 20, 2019, 08:39:57 PM »

1st ODI. Worth a look in right now, WI scored 360 and England running well although early days.....
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 21, 2019, 12:47:21 PM »

Fantastic chase.

Loved Root's innings - paced beautifully. He never seemed to play a shot in anger and just accumulated quietly letting Roy and Morgan cut loose.

To chase 360 and not need Buttler is frightening.

Some work to do on the attack, Plunkett looks to have lost half a yard and that would make him easy pickings for the top ODI batsman.

When does Joffra Archer qualify for England? He could be the X factor that takes this team from good to great.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 21, 2019, 01:42:23 PM »

Fantastic chase.

Loved Root's innings - paced beautifully. He never seemed to play a shot in anger and just accumulated quietly letting Roy and Morgan cut loose.

Some work to do on the attack, Plunkett looks to have lost half a yard and that would make him easy pickings for the top ODI batsman.

When does Joffra Archer qualify for England? He could be the X factor that takes this team from good to great.

I thought they said as early as this March
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 21, 2019, 09:04:32 PM »

Fantastic chase.

I thought they said as early as this March

Some time in March, depending on how many days he's spends in England in the next month or so.

Yesterday kinda solidified for me that I'll be an India backer this summer. Both sides have powerfully batting, ours is better in the middle order but their bowling is a good way ahead of ours IMO. Bumrah, Kuldeep and Chahal are a decent upgrade on what we can offer up.

Was sick how easy it looked yesterday mind, knocked off 360 with the minimum of fuss. Whole chase under control. Amazing compared to where we were in the lead up to the last world cup.

It would be a a bit cntroversial and possibly would "rock the boat" but I'd have Jofra in straight away. Still not convinced by Wood (even after the 3rd test), Willey is completely gone (can only bowl with the new ball anyway but has stopped making early breakthroughs) and as mentioned Plunkett needs to get that yard of pace back or he is defo fodder.

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 22, 2019, 10:09:01 AM »

I would defiinitely have Archer in straight away. Made an impact in the IPL last year and seems to have the right mental attitude for the big moments. He is also quick - something we are lacking from our pace attack which looked very 1 dimensional to me.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 25, 2019, 05:17:16 PM »

Buttler currently on for a big one in IPL....
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 25, 2019, 09:07:04 PM »

Well, he was...
RR messed that chase up pretty spectacularly though.
Can't see Sam Curran getting too many more games. His effectiveness comes in swinging the ball and the white T20 ball doesn't swing. Archer on the other hand looks every bit as good as he is
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 25, 2019, 09:13:25 PM »

Well, he was...
RR messed that chase up pretty spectacularly though.
Can't see Sam Curran getting too many more games. His effectiveness comes in swinging the ball and the white T20 ball doesn't swing. Archer on the other hand looks every bit as good as he is

Appalling sportsmanship by Ashwin (I think) on Buttler imo, hope one of his team mates had a word.......yeah the IPL is notoriously brutal at ditching players if they don’t perform. Really gutted I can’t go this year with the stars aligning and Buttler and Stokes playing for the same team. Hope I get a similar chance in future  Folded Arms
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 27, 2019, 08:47:35 AM »

They might persevere with Curran, paid a lot for him (shouldn't matter but it usually does) and only other option in that role are Henriques (doesn't bowl much any more). Other way they'd go is Ashwin up to 7 and pick another overseas bat (Miller/Pooran) and play another domestic bowler. You'd imagine banker 3 overseas will be Gayle, Tye and Mujeeb.

If he gets games it'll be a good learning curve for him, as with the ball he'll struggle to get it swinging and could be fodder if he doesn't adapt and with the bat he'll be in some high-pressure match situations coming in 7.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 27, 2019, 09:14:35 AM »

They might persevere with Curran, paid a lot for him (shouldn't matter but it usually does) and only other option in that role are Henriques (doesn't bowl much any more). Other way they'd go is Ashwin up to 7 and pick another overseas bat (Miller/Pooran) and play another domestic bowler. You'd imagine banker 3 overseas will be Gayle, Tye and Mujeeb.

If he gets games it'll be a good learning curve for him, as with the ball he'll struggle to get it swinging and could be fodder if he doesn't adapt and with the bat he'll be in some high-pressure match situations coming in 7.

Hi Nell,

Do you have a Twitter account?

Saw something cricket-related on there which looked a little like your "handwriting" but it disappeared before I could delve into it or "Follow". 

nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 27, 2019, 11:29:58 AM »

Hi Nell,

Saw something cricket-related on there which looked a little like your "handwriting" but it disappeared before I could delve into it or "Follow". 

@nellbergcricket

fair warning, I'm normally just arguing with Australian's on there or complaining about captains doing dumb shit haha
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 27, 2019, 11:49:13 AM »

Hi Nell,

@nellbergcricket

fair warning, I'm normally just arguing with Australian's on there or complaining about captains doing dumb shit haha

That's the one, thank you, you have a new Follow now.

Do you engage with @SimUKCricket? He can be more abrasive than Bancroft's sandpaper. Has some entertaining views on the Australians & Indians, though has an unfortunate habit of referring to those he dislikes as "mongs" which annoys me intensely.

Decent club cricketer himself I believe, plays a decent game of poker, too. Nice bloke in real life.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: