blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:17:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170283 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: September 08, 2019, 06:44:23 PM »

Well it was Smith that beat us basically, sure they have a decent bowling outfit but it boiled down to Smith.

In all honestly if you had said to me at the start of the summer that we’d win the WC and lose the ashes but dramatically put up a fight for the latter I would have taken it.

Ok next, Rugby World Cup starts in 12 days, what a year of sport, phew  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 06:47:03 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 08, 2019, 07:26:01 PM »

How the fk do I add pics here from imgur?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 08, 2019, 07:44:04 PM »

Once they are on Imgur, select that photo, & on the right hand side of the page a selection of Links will appear.

You want the bottom one, which is headed;

Linked BBCode (message boards)

Just C & P the Link underneath that onto here, job done. Even I can manage that, so it can't be hard. (There's probably a much easier way, but you'll have to wait for some clever to come along & explain that).

You always managed to upload photos to blonde when on your travels, what has changed?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 08, 2019, 07:49:27 PM »

Once they are on Imgur, select that photo, & on the right hand side of the page a selection of Links will appear.

Just C & P the Link underneath that onto here, job done. Even I can manage that, so it can't be hard. (There's probably a much easier way, but you'll have to wait for some clever to come along & explain that).

You always managed to upload photos to blonde when on your travels, what has changed?

I lost photobucket basically they wanted to charge me a stupid amount of money. The imgur app (as opposed to the website) doesn’t have the same function and provide forum codes on the right as you mention. When I try to click that on their web version it just just puts me back to the app which doesn’t have that function.

Maybe if I delete the app?  
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 08, 2019, 07:55:45 PM »

I lost photobucket basically they wanted to charge me a stupid amount of money. The imgur app (as opposed to the website) doesn’t have the same function and provide forum codes on the right as you mention. When I try to click that on their web version it just just puts me back to the app which doesn’t have that function.

Well for me, yes, I don't use Apps, I just the website.

If not, if you can PM or e-Mail me the photo, (probably not) I'll upload it for you.

I had the same problem with Photobucket, once they started charging I swapped to Imgur, & it works just fine for me. Red-Dog promised to teach me a better way, but after the 29th line of instructions, I fell asleep.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 08, 2019, 08:19:32 PM »

Well for me, yes, I don't use Apps, I just the website.

If not, if you can PM or e-Mail me the photo, (probably not) I'll upload it for you.

I had the same problem with Photobucket, once they started charging I swapped to Imgur, & it works just fine for me. Red-Dog promised to teach me a better way, but after the 29th line of instructions, I fell asleep.

Ok sussed it now. Am sure the ‘website’ works. Because I always use my iPad that is a ‘mobile website’ which now doesn’t work for pics. Any idea how I can just use the normal website and not the mobile ‘website’ from an iPad? I appreciate your IT skills are probably no better than mine and the answer will probably need to come from someone else  Cheesy
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 08, 2019, 08:38:30 PM »

If this works I’ve sussed it....

Nope lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 08, 2019, 08:44:54 PM »

Err, this......

I appreciate your IT skills are probably no better than mine and the answer will probably need to come from someone else

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 08, 2019, 08:49:03 PM »

Err, this......

I appreciate your IT skills are probably no better than mine and the answer will probably need to come from someone else

Probably fair enough though? 

Hope you prove me wrong  Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 08, 2019, 08:57:57 PM »

My IT skills are close to zero. As in the wrong side of zero.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 08, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »

My IT skills are close to zero. As in the wrong side of zero.

Well it made me realise I’m not much better 
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 08, 2019, 10:00:17 PM »

Steve Smith is all I can say.......without him we would have won already. Pains me to say it but he is unbelievable batsman 

I wish Steve Smith (as well as the way cricket has gone in the short forms) had been around when I was in my pomp as a club cricketer. Any pretence of trying to look 'correct' could have gone out the window and I could have fully focused on smashing it about in any style necessary and just carried on stacking* up the runs.

*Some license on the word stacking

I was thinking exactly the same. My coach at school was very much in the 'get in line, show the bowler the maker's name' style of batting coach. Steve Smith would have driven him insane!
Not just batting. I used to get slated by the coaches at school for not being side on when bowling. Think I woulda been chucked outta school if i bowled like malinga or bumrah though
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 10, 2019, 01:59:21 PM »

You tell them Geoffrey  Cheesy

https://news.sky.com/story/geoff-boycott-knighthood-criticised-by-domestic-abuse-charities-11805954
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 10, 2019, 06:28:42 PM »

His quotes appear to have been taken from aninterview on Today on R4 this morning which dived into this.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 11, 2019, 10:38:00 AM »

Are you not just a bit uneasy about this?  I don't think the interview helped his cause; agressively raising your voice to one woman and dismissing another fairly offensively probably isn't the best strategy when you are trying to persuade the listeners that you aren't capable of domestic violence.  Expecting Boycott not to be beligerent in the circumstances is probably a stretch though. 

I'd be a bit meh, 20 years ago school before I heard the interview, but I don't really get why they made it a knighthood; there are lesser honours if you worry that the candidate might not fit the criteria for a knighthood.

Having said that, all kinds of scumbags get honours, but they are usually foung guilty afterwards.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: