blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:36:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  50 shot dead in Orlando
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50 shot dead in Orlando  (Read 6408 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »

I know I'm using my Facebook as a typical example. But my Facebook is 60% gay, 40% straight. I have obviously seen loads of gay men and women show their disgust at the mass killings. I've not seen a single post from someone straight, I thought it was a different view they was taking.

Whenever these things happen, all you see is people posting and sharing links. But last two days, nothing. I think there genuinely is a different view because of their sexuality.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 02:16:54 PM »

I didn't even know until i read this thread it was a gay nightclub that was targeted.  Makes no difference to my views on it in the slighest.  Like Matt says it happens so often in America incredibly you get bored of thinking the same things about crazy yanks and their obsession with guns and government's not seeming to care less and do anything about it.

Every time Arron makes a post like this i just sit here and think 'is this guy for real?  Surely he is looking for a ruck when he posts this stuff?'  Do you really think the things you type on here Arron?  Do these thoughts really go through your head for real?

You are still trying hard for a reaction after all these months? 😂😂
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 02:22:12 PM »

I know I'm using my Facebook as a typical example. But my Facebook is 60% gay, 40% straight. I have obviously seen loads of gay men and women show their disgust at the mass killings. I've not seen a single post from someone straight, I thought it was a different view they was taking.

Whenever these things happen, all you see is people posting and sharing links. But last two days, nothing. I think there genuinely is a different view because of their sexuality.

I disagree it is because it seems so futile to get too upset when the US gun laws stand no prospect of repeal

this chap was investigated for terrorist links twice by the USA but could still (legally) have an attack rifle capable of spree killing

the sexuality of those tragically killed is a complete red herring for any reaction or not in my opinion

its our emotional immunity to it, which is tragic in itself

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2016, 02:50:55 PM »

Very sad & amazed at the reaction, or la k of, from the typical straight person.

Not seen anyone talk about this on Facebook & this post only got 5 replies. If this was in a typical nightclub the response would have been different by others.

It's only the gay community that cares.

Are you a typical straight person Aaron?

I would still appreciate an answer to this question.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2016, 03:06:52 PM »

I didn't respond because it was Sunday night and I was trying to follow the grand prix, plus there are so many mass killings in America that we have exhausted the arguments before.

But I also dislike these posts where someone just posts a link to generate a discussion.  If Tony had given a couple of lines of thoughts I'd be less hostile. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »

This thread is also slightly backs up what I'm saying. 5 comments before I posted, I post something "different" and people reply.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2016, 04:53:45 PM »

This thread is also slightly backs up what I'm saying. 5 comments before I posted, I post something "different" and people reply.

You're coming across as attention seeking in this thread by attempting to be deliberately provocative.  Bizarre in the face of such tragedy.  The internet can be a strange place.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2016, 05:04:34 PM »

Why don't you answer Tom's question Arron?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2016, 06:25:04 PM »

I didn't respond because it was Sunday night and I was trying to follow the grand prix, plus there are so many mass killings in America that we have exhausted the arguments before.

But I also dislike these posts where someone just posts a link to generate a discussion.  If Tony had given a couple of lines of thoughts I'd be less hostile. 

That's fair comment David, or it is up to a point.

I was (am) extremely busy, but as I'm currently in the USA, I saw the story early, & felt it deserved a blonde thread.

I'm not sure I posted it to "generate a discussion", it was more to share something that particularly upset me, & I thought others would want to see it.

I actually mentioned it in my latest blog, Next Door, too.

I'm really not sure what further comment I can make. 50 innocent people slain, just like that. It's thoroughly ghastly.

The Gay angle has, to my mind, no particular or extra relevance. I think Aaron is completely wrong in his belief that people are less sympathetic due to sexual preference. 20 years ago, yes, today, no.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »

Very sad & amazed at the reaction, or la k of, from the typical straight person.

Not seen anyone talk about this on Facebook & this post only got 5 replies. If this was in a typical nightclub the response would have been different by others.

Does it matter?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 08:21:34 PM »

Does it matter?

It does matter yes.

If he's not in the typical straight person group then he's being offensive. I'm a typical straight person and I'm not allowed to use the phrase 'typical homosexual' without reprisal.

Why should typical non-straight people get to label me?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 08:26:12 PM »

Almost the entire one hour Channel 4 News bulletin this evening has been on Orlando.

Hope you've watched it Aaron.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 09:42:59 PM »

Does it matter?

It does matter yes.

If he's not in the typical straight person group then he's being offensive. I'm a typical straight person and I'm not allowed to use the phrase 'typical homosexual' without reprisal.

Why should typical non-straight people get to label me?

I understand the point you are making. I disagree, but I understand. It's more relevant to ask whether Aaron's straight friends are typical surely?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 11:00:00 PM »

Not ONE person at work mentioned it, at all. Couldn't believe it
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 11:14:26 PM »

I think we react more to things that happen to people we know, in places we have been to, in places people we know have been to, in places we could imagine ourselves going to, to people who are similar to ourselves . (Probably roughly in that order).

It's why stuff happening in France, gets more reaction / attention than events in Somalia. It's not racism.
It's why a shooting in a gay club in Orlando, incites less views than a shooting at a rock concert in Paris. It's not homophobia.

When I say not, I mean not necessarily.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: