blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:06:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  50 shot dead in Orlando
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50 shot dead in Orlando  (Read 6406 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36512308

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:42:22 PM »

Just horrendous :/

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 08:03:59 PM »

Dreadful news.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 09:41:58 PM »

Bit fast off the mark, should have fact checked. 

Horrendous!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:44:52 PM by PokerBroker » Logged
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 09:47:16 PM »

Anyone think that the term "terrorist" should stop being used and be replaced by something like "hate criminal".  
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 10:35:49 PM »

Honestly, as shocking as this is, I was far more saddened by the death of Christina Grimmie, started following her years before she got famous.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 03:44:33 AM »

Very sad & amazed at the reaction, or la k of, from the typical straight person.

Not seen anyone talk about this on Facebook & this post only got 5 replies. If this was in a typical nightclub the response would have been different by others.

It's only the gay community that cares.
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 08:45:35 AM »

Very sad & amazed at the reaction, or la k of, from the typical straight person.

Not seen anyone talk about this on Facebook & this post only got 5 replies. If this was in a typical nightclub the response would have been different by others.

think i have to disagree here, i'm currently on an oil rig with 110 big burly oil workers on it, all of whom appear to be very hetero, and there has been a huge amount of talk about this situation, and not the type of "the bummers deserve it" talk, but the "how can shit like this keep happening, it's a disgrace" type talk.

blonde is a tiny proportion of the populace, i'd tend not to think of us as a representation of the rest of the world.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 09:32:53 AM »

I read this story late last night and was shocked by the brutality of it and sad for all the innocent lives lost.  A dreadful attack.

In general, I'm sure the vast majority of people are horrified irrespective of whether they write something on your facebook page.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 09:48:47 AM »

I'm a typical straight person and I haven't reacted to this at all.

It's not because I'm heterosexual that I've not reacted differently it's because any shoot out in America just seems kind of ordinary to me these days.

The gay community are possibly reacting more because they appear to have been directly targeted but to many others it's perhaps just another tragic shooting in America that won't see anything done to prevent it happening again.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 12:35:27 PM »

I'm a typical straight person and I haven't reacted to this at all.

It's not because I'm heterosexual that I've not reacted differently it's because any shoot out in America just seems kind of ordinary to me these days.

The gay community are possibly reacting more because they appear to have been directly targeted but to many others it's perhaps just another tragic shooting in America that won't see anything done to prevent it happening again.

+1 to this the gay community are obviously going to react more as it is a direct attack on them.

I've been reading a lot on it but no reacting, cannot be bothered with it anymore.

Too many Americans are just stupid, the support for more guns and trump proves this.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 01:15:20 PM »

Are you a typical straight person Aaron?

The older I get, the better I was.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 01:20:41 PM »

I didn't even know until i read this thread it was a gay nightclub that was targeted.  Makes no difference to my views on it in the slighest.  Like Matt says it happens so often in America incredibly you get bored of thinking the same things about crazy yanks and their obsession with guns and government's not seeming to care less and do anything about it.

Every time Arron makes a post like this i just sit here and think 'is this guy for real?  Surely he is looking for a ruck when he posts this stuff?'  Do you really think the things you type on here Arron?  Do these thoughts really go through your head for real?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:28:55 PM by arbboy » Logged
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »

The problem isn't  that he's a Muslim, the problem is that he was legally able to buy the weapons in the first place. The number of mass shootings this year alone in the states is staggering- http://www.vox.com/a/mass-shootings-calendar-june-2016
The root cause is the availability of guns and until Yanks stop hiding behind their 2nd amendment rights and implement gun control, this list is just going to keep get longer.

Cymru am byth
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 01:57:56 PM »

My office has 20 staff 6 are gay, there has been little chat of this today.  European Championships though there has been loads of chat. 

I guess, gun crime in America just doesn't make news these days.  Stupid gun laws. 

They can take their constitution and ram it imo. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: