blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:36:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Dave Colclough
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dave Colclough  (Read 23541 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2016, 03:13:06 PM »

https://uk.pokernews.com/news/2016/10/poker-mourns-the-loss-of-dave-el-blondie-colclough-25469.htm

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2016, 03:42:41 PM »

10 years ago blonde ran a poker school evening in London and it was there I first met Dave. 
Fantastic evening and great words of wisdom spoken in a teaching class from him....never forgotten.

RIP Dave.

Same here - the freeroll after the class was my first ever live game and I can remember it all - shaking like a leaf and massively overbetting when I found Kk utg first hand.  Dave was on hand to give advice to us noobs as required and I would have bust midway but for Dave's counsel that pocket really aren't a premium hand Smiley I fell in love with the game on that day and he was a big part of it.

RIP El Blondie

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »

Terrible news to hear.

Like many have said he always had time to help newbies or oldbies and it was a pleasure to have been in his company at the table and occasionally away from it.

RIP Dave
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2016, 05:50:00 PM »

Horrible news to hear.

One of the few players I never heard a bad word about.

RIP Dave.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2016, 06:09:17 PM »

IT is with great sadness that I heard of the sad death of El Blondie tonight.   It's been years since I posted on this site having once been one of the proud co owners of the site with Dave and Tikay and others.  I had to re register in order to do so and apologies for not having the same username.  
Dave never sought to show just how good he was, or how superior a player he was.  He was a gentleman on and off the table.  He took and gave many beats with exactly the same amount of humility.  He was always a great ambassador for how the game should be played.  I had the great pleasure once to spend a week with him in the Turks and Cacaos Islands.  Actually Devilfish was there as well.   What a great Omaha game those two will be having now.    During the week we all went sea fishing.  I swear to you I have never seen a man with such a white body.   The glare was incredible.   We all took bets on how long it would take for him to get sun burned.  As we were all busy putting sun cream on it was already to late.  Less than 10 minutes.  He took it in his stride and caught the biggest fish.  Not for the first or last time.  
He encouraged new players. He spoke up when it was needed to protect the game he loved.  I just wish he had a few bracelets to show for his game. Judging by the heart felt messages on this board he has at least won the World Series of gentlemen poker players.  RIP
Denis O Mahoney.

What a trip that was, and it was the first thing my father mentioned when I told him that Dave had passed.

Most corrupt country/place I've ever been, and will likely ever visit.

There were loads of Brits out there for that tourney, and there were some wild cash games in the card room, which had been purpose built for the tourney.

Remember Jamie Gold knocking chunks in playing PLO with a few of the british players, out the back of the bar everyone drank in.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=24826

Dave made the final, and Jaffa lost HU to one of this years HOF inductees Smiley
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:11:40 PM by Marky147 » Logged

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2016, 06:34:43 PM »

Sad news. I was on a final table with Dave at some side event at the Broadway where I was chip leader and he was a close second when the tournament had about 30 minutes left of play before a chip count was instigated. He played the game to the letter and eventually he beat me in the chip count. This was all down to him slowing the game when necessary and understanding that all he needed to do was place 1 BB less than me. I learnt such a valuable lesson that night. I've also had the pleasure of many a PLO cash game where he always seemed to get the better of me. I have no idea why?

RIP Dave

Ah! The element of surprise
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2016, 09:24:43 PM »

Just saw the news on pokernews while on holiday so sad grew up watching late night poker If it wasn't for  guys like Dave I may never have found the game
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2016, 10:22:14 PM »

It looks like Dave featured on the first episode of Late Night Poker. Or at least his pseudonym "Dave Colclouth".

Apparently at that stage he wasn't aware that AQ beats 33 on 44668 Smiley

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2016, 11:21:10 PM »

Here's a couple of articles from the Blonde archive about Dave, one interview with Dave Lloyd and the other an article by Snoopy

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/518

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/10452

Who or what makes you laugh?

The way Tony Kendall plays poker
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2016, 11:22:37 PM »

Also there's a thread on 2+2 in which Brian 'wsop07' Wilson pays tribute.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=51015646&postcount=23
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2016, 11:24:32 PM »

DC was such a nice guy. He was always willing to give advice and help to those starting out in the business, and absolutely without ulterior motive (which was as rare then as it is now). A very sad day.

Rest In Peace.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2016, 07:56:09 AM »

Just seen the news on FB,  first met him at an early Blonde bash in Luton where we both played football for the Welsh team and then he was on both my wife's and my table in the poker tournament later on.
He was such a lovely down to earth friendly man, and would always have a chat to me whenever I saw him after that, sad news,  RIP Dave.

I remember that. He was such a gentlemen on the pitch too. He'd go and kick someone in a terrible attempt at a tackle, and then apologise profusely.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2016, 02:25:49 PM »

RIP El Blondie.

YNWA

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2016, 06:35:37 PM »

Does anyone know the date/time and venue for the funeral?

I know quite a few people who would like to pay their respects, but finding out the details are quite difficult.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Cupcake

Schadenfreuden

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2016, 05:10:37 AM »

Very sad news, Dave was a lovely gentle man. RIP
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: