blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:38:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2017
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2017  (Read 105405 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: July 21, 2017, 03:42:52 AM »

Just from reading the wsop updates he's dominating them all.
If it was one of the young online pro's, updaters would be banging on how good he was playing

Agreed.  Wish he had re raised the river there i don't think the calling station could have folded ak there the way he played the hand.  He could have had a dominant chip lead there.  Tikay is surely back playing hold em next month with his purple jacket on.  2017 is the year of the jacket.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:48:33 AM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 21, 2017, 03:55:59 AM »

That sllows down the 2nd stack now.  He found qq and 4 bet but the fat yank isn't going to bein a rush now to 3 bet him light given how far clear in 2nd he is.  Hesp could put him all in and lose now and still be 2nd in chips if he lost!  Short stack doubling is perfect for Hesp as well.  The guy is bringing this home.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:59:08 AM by arbboy » Logged
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 21, 2017, 05:11:11 AM »

Absolutely loving John Hesp.

Such a fun final table with him there, even a couple of them are on the beer while playing.

I hope he does it and ushers in a new era where people can actually have a laugh at a poker table instead of being sat there silently looking like they've just smelt a fart.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 21, 2017, 05:46:45 AM »

Horrid cold deck there

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 21, 2017, 05:48:31 AM »

SPOILER BELOW FOR THOSE CATCHING UP TOMORROW

-----------------------------------

Awful hand for Hesp.

Blumstien opens to 2.3 with   
Hesp defends BB with 

Flop A57.

Check / Check

Turn T

Blumstein bets ~3m.
Hesp raise to 7m.
Blumstien raise to 17m.
Hesp All in for 73m effective.

All she wrote.

Left with 23m. Clock striking midnight on the Cinderella Story, I think he just punts it now.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 21, 2017, 05:50:18 AM »

Lordy, I really am King Bok.

Got up at 5am to watch it and The Jacket was running away with it with 135 Bigs.

40 minutes later and he has lost every hand he has played, and he is down to about 25 Bigs.

The big hand was a bit of a cooler to be fair, top two v top set. (A-10 v A-A-A).

Blumstein now monster chippy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 21, 2017, 08:09:14 AM »

Day 1 of the Main Event is in the books and Scott Blumstein (@SBlum2711) has taken a huge lead. http://wsop.com/n/75w

Click to see full-size image.

Play ends for the night with 7 players, resumes at 5:30pm Friday

Blumstein 178m
Pollak 78m
Piccioli 36m
Hesp 22m
Ott 16m
Salas 16m
Saout 15m

with all its imperfections and questionable play i thought last night was far more entertaining than a november final table where everyone has been coached for three months and played/tried to play optimal stuff

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2017, 08:34:52 AM »

Day 1 of the Main Event is in the books and Scott Blumstein (@SBlum2711) has taken a huge lead. http://wsop.com/n/75w

Click to see full-size image.

Play ends for the night with 7 players, resumes at 5:30pm Friday

Blumstein 178m
Pollak 78m
Piccioli 36m
Hesp 22m
Ott 16m
Salas 16m
Saout 15m

with all its imperfections and questionable play i thought last night was far more entertaining than a november final table where everyone has been coached for three months and played/tried to play optimal stuff

Absolutely agree with that.

Poker might just have temporarily changed for the better as a result of what we have seen so far.

We all know the arguments for & against "showing" cards & giving free info, but Hesp had them all doing it.

And most of them were not taking themselves too seriously. Folks smiling & chatting, outrageous. I suppose the standard of play will be mocked, but no matter.

Like it or loathe it, it's a million miles from the Kassouf style stuff.  

I would definitely watch & play more poker if it were like that more often.

Personally, I think Pollak is playing the best poker, & he seems a decent sort, apart from bring a Frenchie. He & Blumstein have all the chips, & I think both would make "good" winners.

Will deffo watch tonight & the last day.

Numbers up again next year? Oh yes.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:38:01 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2017, 10:48:00 AM »

Anyone notice the hand Sinclair busted Ott was really hating his folding of the AJs  just so happens he would now be sitting pretty with 2nd biggest stack if he had donkey called with the 3rd heart on the river

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 21, 2017, 10:58:50 AM »

Anyone notice the hand Sinclair busted Ott was really hating his folding of the AJs  just so happens he would now be sitting pretty with 2nd biggest stack if he had donkey called with the 3rd heart on the river

Ott will forever have a case of the "If Only's" should he not win.

You know what they say though.

Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 21, 2017, 12:04:45 PM »

Personally, I think Pollak is playing the best poker, & he seems a decent sort, apart from bring a Frenchie.

ABO151

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 21, 2017, 12:44:19 PM »

Ott will forever have a case of the "If Only's" should he not win.

You know what they say though.

That actually looks like Brent with Pollak....
ABO151

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 21, 2017, 12:50:16 PM »

Yeah I noticed immediately- if Sinclair had passed then its not beyond realms that Ott rejams with aj hearts (although still unlikely given Salas would open at and given how tight guy with aces was playing) and then would have sucked out on the aces - it's the pots you avoid losing (albeit would have been ridiculous beat in this case) that are just as key as those you win if you're to go on to win
ABO151

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 21, 2017, 12:56:26 PM »

Horrid cold deck there
Elephant in room surely is that Hesp has to get away from pot once he gets re-raised on turn given how table had played until then - Hesp got too excited and I feared for him as soon as he did his "oh dear " strength tell - Pollak and chipleader found exactly the spots they were seeking and that Negrano pointed out in break - still he didn't go broke (despite the weak and weird play with queens versus ) so where there's life there's hope so Hesp may still make final day - personally think Pollak will win this and he's due too but no getting away from the Hesp factor!
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 21, 2017, 07:19:58 PM »

You know I can't bloody wait for this next night of the final.

This final table has rekindled me. Just people having a laugh and playing cards for loads of money.

I'm ordering a pizza and doing a night shift.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: