blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2021, 10:17:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2262886 Posts in 66634 Topics by 16659 Members
Latest Member: Pokitren
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 298 299 [300] Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 221542 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4485 on: September 29, 2021, 11:43:17 PM »

FWIW Just got my antibody blood test kit.  I was supposed to get one a month or so ago, but it never came.  The first one was something to do with Zoe, but not sure if this one is.  It is all presumably general population monitoring to see how many have antibodies and with what symptoms.

Forgot to mention this.  It takes a good half hour to watch the video, set it all up* and do the blood test.  Then you have to trek to the nearest NHS post box afterwards. Then a few days later they tell you you have antibodies to Covid that could have come from catching the disease or having the jab.  Given I had the jab in June, then the result wasn't much of a surprise.  Anyway, guess I did my bit, even if it did feel like a big waste of time. 

* I had to do this twice, as when I watched the video, I realised I should have been drinking a lot of water the day before the test and half an hour before, and I simply hadn't.  Would probably have been better if I hadn't just poured a glass of wine too...  If you get a test, make sure you watch the video before opening your box.

I might see if I can get in with my Dr when I go for my flu jab, and ask if she'll test me for antibodies. The nurse at my infusion said that would be my best course of action.

Yeah, should have sent it you, as you are much more likely to fail than me.  It would probably screw up the stats, and the jabs don't work grifters would love that.  Hit up Tim Spector on Twitter, he engages with people and seems to run a lot of this antibody testing. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: September 29, 2021, 11:49:47 PM »

FWIW Just got my antibody blood test kit.  I was supposed to get one a month or so ago, but it never came.  The first one was something to do with Zoe, but not sure if this one is.  It is all presumably general population monitoring to see how many have antibodies and with what symptoms.

Forgot to mention this.  It takes a good half hour to watch the video, set it all up* and do the blood test.  Then you have to trek to the nearest NHS post box afterwards. Then a few days later they tell you you have antibodies to Covid that could have come from catching the disease or having the jab.  Given I had the jab in June, then the result wasn't much of a surprise.  Anyway, guess I did my bit, even if it did feel like a big waste of time. 

* I had to do this twice, as when I watched the video, I realised I should have been drinking a lot of water the day before the test and half an hour before, and I simply hadn't.  Would probably have been better if I hadn't just poured a glass of wine too...  If you get a test, make sure you watch the video before opening your box.

I might see if I can get in with my Dr when I go for my flu jab, and ask if she'll test me for antibodies. The nurse at my infusion said that would be my best course of action.

Yeah, should have sent it you, as you are much more likely to fail than me.  It would probably screw up the stats, and the jabs don't work grifters would love that.  Hit up Tim Spector on Twitter, he engages with people and seems to run a lot of this antibody testing. 

I meant get my Dr to do it for me, so I don't have to worry about cocking it up Cheesy
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: September 30, 2021, 12:03:29 AM »

I meant get my Dr to do it for me, so I don't have to worry about cocking it up Cheesy

Not the easiest thing to do, you need to put a firm push on the lance thing to get enough blood.  That is hard enough with just the mental barrier to contend with.   Still, great opportunity to do OMG I have sliced my finger japes with the kids.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: September 30, 2021, 12:19:27 AM »

Not the easiest thing to do, you need to put a firm push on the lance thing to get enough blood.  That is hard enough with just the mental barrier to contend with.   Still, great opportunity to do OMG I have sliced my finger japes with the kids.

I'll definitely try setting one up with the doctor then, as I would most likely open myself up. Seems a lot easier and less to worry about, especially as I've no kids to wind up Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: October 02, 2021, 02:41:03 AM »

Pretty harrowing stuff.

@TheEconomist suggests that though the official number of deaths caused by #COVID19 is now 4.8m, the best estimate is that the actual toll is 15.8m people with  a 95% chance that the true value lies between 9.8m and 18.5m additional deaths. 1/

https://twitter.com/gregggonsalves/status/1443687754144133125
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: October 13, 2021, 05:27:04 PM »

This little clip of how each nation's vaccination programme progresssed is quite gucci, and bonus of a Hall & Oates soundtrack, too.

https://twitter.com/LisaMontgo/status/1448321380999651328
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: October 14, 2021, 03:57:13 AM »

I've swerved Rogan since this kicked off, unless it was someone MMA I wanted to see, and boy am I glad.

He's gone full crackpot, and even had Alex Berenson back last week.

I couldn't even get through 5 minutes of it, as much as I wanted to see just how bad it would get  Shocked Roll Eyes
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: October 14, 2021, 09:10:24 AM »

Same here, or been more selective with him at least. Sauna theories are ridic.

Tarantino and Blomkamp are worth watching for film buffs though.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: October 14, 2021, 02:37:59 PM »

Same here, or been more selective with him at least. Sauna theories are ridic.

Tarantino and Blomkamp are worth watching for film buffs though.

Mate kept sending me clips of him trying to convince himself a sauna might kill it off. Was almost like listening to Donald talking about lights Cheesy

Berenson relies on idiots not questioning anything he puts out, and as so many are pissed off at the authorities (rightly), they just swallow it up.

As soon as Rogan said 'you've been right on everything', when they were talking about him getting chucked off Twitter, I was gone.

I can't even watch the MMA ones anymore, as most fighters are in his 'rona can't get me, bro'.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 298 299 [300] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: