blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The heart of a lion - A long and winding quest for wrist jewellery
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The heart of a lion - A long and winding quest for wrist jewellery  (Read 29678 times)
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 09:05:24 PM »

I will be in Malta  Smiley

Until the 26th  Angry

Poker tourney? Holiday? other?

Have never been but have heard good things! And they drive on the left?
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 10:26:05 AM »

I will cheat a little, I have 2 diaries I loosely post in and just updated the other so I will copy/paste here. Yes a bit lazy I agree...

Well it has been a week and a bit since my last post so thought I would ramble a little on here while munching my Fruit 'N' Fiber.

The studying stuff is really drawing to a close (just 2 exams next week and I am completely done with uni). My attention has therefore been turning to other stuff I haven't had adequate time for (jobs, poker, health, family).

On that note I dusted the bicycle off, blew up the tyres (yes it had been that long the tyres were flat) and went a 11 mile cycle that took in Eglinton Country Park. On one of the country lanes there were fields either side with loads of horses. I decided I would be a kind chap and stop, pick some handfuls of long grass that the horses could not reach and give them a little treat. I selected some nice juicy green handfuls of grass and wandered calmly (so as not to spook the horses) over to the fence. The horses stopped in their tracks just out of reach around 2 feet from the fence. I though, aww, they are a little timid so I leaned on the fence so I could reach over and ZAP, I duely electrocuted myself. Yes, I guess I missed those 3" by 3" 'electric fence' signs. Quite a jolt they give you! I was also at such an angle I had no choice but to grab onto it again to haul myself up. I didn't get zapped the second time thankfully (I must have broken the circuit or something). No harm done apart from looking like a proper wally and feeling like I had been properly Tango'd. The penny started to drop as to why the horses pulled up 2 feet short of the fence! Horses 1 v Me 0.

On the pokering front I played the £435 VLV semi I mentioned previously. Started off okay and got the starting 5k stack up to around 18k with average stacks around 9k. I liked my table and was getting quite into the groove. Then Mr Matt Bates was moved to my table. He also had a similar stack and were was he placed? Directly on my left! I was by no means in any comfort zone in relation to snagging a £4k package (average stacks when those are dished out would be around 50k). So I had to keep working away. Well my timing was off, I made 3 or 4 plays, 2 were I had hands and 1 or 2 were I didn't. I guess through a mixture of Matt's proficiency and board texture he got away from the couple I hit and I lost more than I should in the ones I didn't hit. At least I offloaded to Matt, he is obviously an excellent player, didn't get to go last year and he put the chips to good use and didn't look back so WP that man!

In relation to the jobs front... I haven't looked much yet as I still am at uni till next week and I am not in a massive rush. I did put some feelers out though in some poker circles as I would love to work either within the gaming sector or in Education. I had the chance of a job in London. Doing almost exactly what I would like to do and with one of the bigger gaming companies. The salary however was just a bit short of what I would need to make a relocation to London work. If it had been local or even in 'middle England' it would have been happy days indeed. The search continues!

Well the Fruit 'N' Fiber is well and truly scoffed, I am sure I have sufficiently bored anyone reading and need to go get passport photos taken so I will relent for now Smiley

Hope you are all doing well on and off the tables!

It was all down to this!

UL sir, you having a go in the other sats?
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »

I will cheat a little, I have 2 diaries I loosely post in and just updated the other so I will copy/paste here. Yes a bit lazy I agree...

Well it has been a week and a bit since my last post so thought I would ramble a little on here while munching my Fruit 'N' Fiber.

The studying stuff is really drawing to a close (just 2 exams next week and I am completely done with uni). My attention has therefore been turning to other stuff I haven't had adequate time for (jobs, poker, health, family).

On that note I dusted the bicycle off, blew up the tyres (yes it had been that long the tyres were flat) and went a 11 mile cycle that took in Eglinton Country Park. On one of the country lanes there were fields either side with loads of horses. I decided I would be a kind chap and stop, pick some handfuls of long grass that the horses could not reach and give them a little treat. I selected some nice juicy green handfuls of grass and wandered calmly (so as not to spook the horses) over to the fence. The horses stopped in their tracks just out of reach around 2 feet from the fence. I though, aww, they are a little timid so I leaned on the fence so I could reach over and ZAP, I duely electrocuted myself. Yes, I guess I missed those 3" by 3" 'electric fence' signs. Quite a jolt they give you! I was also at such an angle I had no choice but to grab onto it again to haul myself up. I didn't get zapped the second time thankfully (I must have broken the circuit or something). No harm done apart from looking like a proper wally and feeling like I had been properly Tango'd. The penny started to drop as to why the horses pulled up 2 feet short of the fence! Horses 1 v Me 0.

On the pokering front I played the £435 VLV semi I mentioned previously. Started off okay and got the starting 5k stack up to around 18k with average stacks around 9k. I liked my table and was getting quite into the groove. Then Mr Matt Bates was moved to my table. He also had a similar stack and were was he placed? Directly on my left! I was by no means in any comfort zone in relation to snagging a £4k package (average stacks when those are dished out would be around 50k). So I had to keep working away. Well my timing was off, I made 3 or 4 plays, 2 were I had hands and 1 or 2 were I didn't. I guess through a mixture of Matt's proficiency and board texture he got away from the couple I hit and I lost more than I should in the ones I didn't hit. At least I offloaded to Matt, he is obviously an excellent player, didn't get to go last year and he put the chips to good use and didn't look back so WP that man!

In relation to the jobs front... I haven't looked much yet as I still am at uni till next week and I am not in a massive rush. I did put some feelers out though in some poker circles as I would love to work either within the gaming sector or in Education. I had the chance of a job in London. Doing almost exactly what I would like to do and with one of the bigger gaming companies. The salary however was just a bit short of what I would need to make a relocation to London work. If it had been local or even in 'middle England' it would have been happy days indeed. The search continues!

Well the Fruit 'N' Fiber is well and truly scoffed, I am sure I have sufficiently bored anyone reading and need to go get passport photos taken so I will relent for now Smiley

Hope you are all doing well on and off the tables!

It was all down to this!

UL sir, you having a go in the other sats?

I don't doubt it Matt Cheesy I tend not to avoid anyone on the tables because I am a stubborn so and so but I should have treaded more carefully with you. You crush the games continously, had position on me and I think only you and maybe one another had me covered. Your bet sizing in the hand you took most of my chips was spot on too! I could tell you were sizing to put me to a decision for my stack, I just wasn't sure if you were using position to play a draw well though or you had smashed the board. Almost called the river shove with pocket 5's lol. I should have either folded to the turn reraise or been calling the river TBH but we live and learn huh Smiley

Going to be playing oodles more NLHE on Sky and elsewhere in the coming months so hopefully we can play a few interesting pots and I can snag the odd one lol.

Almost definitely will be going out to Vegas so will probably see yourself and the Sky folks over there. I was playing a few sattys elsewhere and will more than likely play a couple on Sky but I am probably just going to focus on regular games and put any profits towards the trip. Don't see the point in overly focussing on winning packages designed to play fixed events when if you can just hopefully win a little cash in regular games you can still go out to Vegas, stay where you want and play what you want.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »

You can use all the money you won on UKOPS Day 1 last night for Vegas.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 12:36:43 PM »

lol, it is a small start Smiley

Couldn't catch a break nearing the FT's but plenty more days to try, happy with how I was playing at least.

You giving the PLO8 UKOPS or any of the other UKOPS games a bash yourself Mr T?

We actually got a 16.50 going the other day, during the day as well!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 08:45:42 AM »

Couldn't catch a break nearing the FT's but plenty more days to try, happy with how I was playing at least.

Doubt it, I've not played a hand of poker since I had my little problem. I daresay I'll start again soon, but I doubt it will be this week.

On which note, how did you get on in the UKOPS PLO last night? (I'll set it up, you can volley it over the net).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 09:20:43 AM »

Doubt it, I've not played a hand of poker since I had my little problem. I daresay I'll start again soon, but I doubt it will be this week.

On which note, how did you get on in the UKOPS PLO last night? (I'll set it up, you can volley it over the net).

Sounds like we are in practice for the Vegas football game that Donttelmum is organising  Cheesy

Okay I will see if I can smash it over the net...
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 09:23:31 AM »

Whenever you are ready sir Smiley Hope things went well on Monday.

As for the update...
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 10:00:26 AM »

As Mr T alluded to things went rather well in the UKOPS games last night Smiley

I had got off to a reasonable start on Day 1 although I wasn't getting the rub of the green around FT's but still managed around £150 or so profit over the day. I felt I was playing well though so took some confidence into day 2. I was happy enough with this as I was playing a bit sloppy for a couple of weeks beforehand.

I regged for 5 of the 6 events (gave the £55r a miss as I could see this getting messy and I am only just starting to focus on the poker after the studying is drawing to a close so the bankroll still needs some TLC). I also regged for 2 of the £5.50 PLO8 BH's (later unregged for the second one of these as the NLHE, PLO and PLO8 mix was getting a little confusing).

I was firstly pleased that my confidence going into these did not seem to be misplaced as I had got a few stacks going early doors.

The UKOPS £22 event 08 was PLO which I enjoy, although would enjoy even more if there was an '8' on the end of the 'PLO'. Things started steady and I got it in 3 way with the nut straight on the flop (there were a lot of redraws out though of which I had none). The board obviously paired and I was outdrawn although took a little sidepot down so all was not lost! I realised the calling ranges in this MTT were going to be massively wide so I had to tread a bit more carefully as I didn't really want to be 'flipping' all over the place. So with adjustments made I steadily ticked over managed to take it down for around £477.

Decent start and I still had stacks in other games.

In one of the £22 NLHE BH's I was sitting on 11k with average stacks around 8k. At this point a lovely chap and top player called 'omm' was newly sat at my table. I asked how he was doing and he said 'okay, but not running great' or something to that effect. Trying to keep his chin up I said 'Hopefully things will turn soon for you mate!" (Yeah I am going to regret saying that lol). I am duly dealt QQ while I was mid typing that, I standard open raise and omm shoves, I snap call and he has AK. An ace on the river seals my fate although I am left with just over 5k and it was still nice to see omm catch a break to be honest. All is not lost then! And I am dealt KK about 2 hands later and open raise hoping to induce a shove which I duly get (not from omm this time). Up against AK again and wouldn't you know it, an ace on the river again leaves me on 233 chips... I build this up again to 4.5k then run my JQ into AQ and it is GG me although still managed £25 in bounties so a tiny profit at least.

The £55 UKOPS 12 and £5.50r UKOPS 10 were still going and I had reasonable stacks in both. I nursed a small stack into the money in the £55 and then lost with A9o v Q5s AIPF which would have gave me a pretty healthy FT stack too. So bust in 8th for around £135. The £5.50r event 10 went a bit better and I managed to take this one down too for about £944. Should be looking good on the UKOPS leaderboard now and around £1423 profit for the day so have a little spring in the step today and looking forward to the UKOPS games tonight (One of which is PLO8).

Only downside is I have to study loads for neuroscience and cognitive psychology exams in 5 & 6 days respectively (after which I am totally done with uni, woop!). Last nights adventures will make the study a little more bareable Smiley

Hope you are all doing good on and off the tables and thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:26:07 AM by Marky_Crash » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 10:25:55 AM »

Excellent work Mark.

When I posted earlier I had not realised you won a 2nd UKOPS of the night.

I'm just writing today's UKOPS Blog so I guess I'll have to try & be moderately nice to you.

Congrats mate, & maybe you can top it up by collecting a Viva Las Vegas sat in the Leaderboard thing & turn that into a package.

PS - Omm is a terrific chap, & a blonde regular.

Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 10:44:53 AM »

Excellent work Mark.

I'm just writing today's UKOPS Blog so I guess I'll have to try & be moderately nice to you.

Congrats mate, & maybe you can top it up by collecting a Viva Las Vegas sat in the Leaderboard thing & turn that into a package.

Many thanks mate Smiley

Also agreed on omm although he seems to have my number, he also sent me packing in the quarter finals of Graham's heads up tourney lol.

It was all quite funny, the table took great amusement in me hoping for his luck to turn around and then promptly donating a chunk of my stack to him within a matter of seconds... He also said it should make the diary Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2017, 11:29:09 AM »

Excellent work Mark.

Many thanks mate Smiley

Also agreed on omm although he seems to have my number, he also sent me packing in the quarter finals of Graham's heads up tourney lol.

It was all quite funny, the table took great amusement in me hoping for his luck to turn around and then promptly donating a chunk of my stack to him within a matter of seconds... He also said it should make the diary Cheesy

Your run good continues - go check the updated Total Player Leaderboard.

Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 11:54:45 AM »

Excellent work Mark.

Many thanks mate Smiley

Your run good continues - go check the updated Total Player Leaderboard.

Woot, nice 1! Smiley Cheers

Am I the only one that worries when things appear to be going 'too smoothly'? I mean I also found £7 in my pocket this morning that I didn't realise was there (hoping im not being sweetened up for something less favourable).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2017, 07:30:01 PM »

Wow, well played, some great results the last couple of days. Easily swap the heads up win for the UKOPS? Lol, It certainly is a great series and with the addition of the leaderboard it does make for great value.

I know a few people who will not play on Sky solely on the fact that there are no antes but I think they are missing out on a fantastic series. What's your thoughts on playing without antes? Do you make any drastic adjustments?

With all the Uni study you have left to do it might give the rest of us a shot at the top of the leaderboard.
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 02:13:16 AM »

Wow, well played, some great results the last couple of days. Easily swap the heads up win for the UKOPS? Lol, It certainly is a great series and with the addition of the leaderboard it does make for great value.

I know a few people who will not play on Sky solely on the fact that there are no antes but I think they are missing out on a fantastic series. What's your thoughts on playing without antes? Do you make any drastic adjustments?

With all the Uni study you have left to do it might give the rest of us a shot at the top of the leaderboard.

Many thanks omm! Yes I won't grumble at the HU games lol, they were actually very good games and you played excellently and won fair and square sir!

I would obviously agree it is a fantastic series but then again I have only played this UKOPS and it is going well so far, so I am rather bias lol. I actually prefer the smaller field sizes that you get on Sky. The site I started out on (Pokerroom) had similar field sizes.

To be honest I don't mind if there are antes or not or if it is 4 cards, 2 cards, killer, PL, NL, FL or whatever. It is the same playing field for everyone and we just have to aim to adjust to whatever the setup is better than others. Sometimes we manage, sometimes we dont Smiley

I am still aiming to play all or almost all the rest of the games and study during the day. It is a bit of a juggling act though and I was feeling the pace tonight which I will get into after this post.

Best of luck to you on and off the tables omm, always a pleasure sharing a table with you (if not always profitable lol).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: