blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:54:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The heart of a lion - A long and winding quest for wrist jewellery
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The heart of a lion - A long and winding quest for wrist jewellery  (Read 29682 times)
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2017, 02:36:41 AM »

I will update each day how the UKOPS and the quest to win the 'Total Player' leaderboard goes whether it goes pear shaped or is a roaring success.

On day 1 I was feeling zoned in, as mentioned previously. Didn't cash for that much but was happy with how I was playing. Day 2 I was still feeling I was playing well and things went good on the tables. On day 3 which I have just finished I felt a bit of a train wreck to be honest. I entered all 6 games, (£22, £22, £110, £5.50, £22r & £55 buy ins). Oh and a £5.50 PLO8 Bounty Hunter. The first 4 games I played terrible, ran average or below and soon bust them all. It was looking like a bad night at the office so I fired up the £5.50 PLO8 BH and I still have the £55 turbo BH & £22 rebuy left.

I managed to win the £5.50 PLO8 BH for £77 which restored some calm to my game. I started finding some nice 3bet spots in the £22r and the £55 and what were average stacks turned into decent stacks. Maybe the night wouldn't be a bust after all!

Finished 15th in the £22rebuy which was very frustrating. I had A4o in the BB and an aggro player who had been attacking me all night raises. I flat call and the flop is 67A rainbow. Opponent fires the flop, I flat and the turn is a Q. He leads out a sizeable bet on the turn (I am not even remotely considering folding to this person and feel I am streets ahead so I flat call). The river is an 8 and he fires as expected on the tiver and I snap call. He shows 9To for a rivered gutshot. I think that pot would have put me around the top 3 in stacks but I guess that is how the cookie crumbles as they say and I still cashed for £90+.

Was just left with the £55 turbo and managed to negotiate to heads up and get to level stacks. The tiredness started to kick back in though and I lost a chunk needlessly with T6s and finished 2nd for around £610 with the bounties included. It was a bit sloppy as it was probably around £400 more for winning so I should have held it together a bit better.

Still, around £500 profit which I am very happy with and 45 more leaderpoints which should help the cause!

Hopefully I can play a bit more composed in tomorrow nights games.

Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2017, 12:32:42 PM »

Was feeling a bit flat when I posted last night due to tiredness. A good night sleep though and I am raring to get the studies done and attempt to get zoned in for day 4 of UKOPS later.

The 'Total Player' leaderboard has been updated early today, not entirely convinced it is accurate as I thought the players below me after day 2 snagged a few more points than is showing. Hopefully it is accurate though, if so, looks promising nearing the halfway stage although still work to do!

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »

I will be in Malta  Smiley

Until the 26th  Angry

Poker tourney? Holiday? other?

Have never been but have heard good things! And they drive on the left?

I live in Malta, if you ever consider moving here, gimme a pm and I'll help you with whatever info you need. They do drive on the left, and sometimes the right.

Anyway, got to go, going to search the island for that sneaky red dog, coming here thinking he can avoid buying me lunch 

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2017, 09:44:43 PM »

Until the 26th  Angry

I live in Malta, if you ever consider moving here, gimme a pm and I'll help you with whatever info you need. They do drive on the left, and sometimes the right.

Anyway, got to go, going to search the island for that sneaky red dog, coming here thinking he can avoid buying me lunch 

scared  Has he gone?

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2017, 01:16:33 AM »

Until the 26th  Angry

Many thanks Celtic! When I get this hectic week out the way I will look into this a bit more Smiley

lol Red Dog Cheesy
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2017, 01:17:47 AM »

Day 4 UKOPS update (stolen from my other blog)...

"Finished the UKOPS stuff a little early tonight :-/

Got off to a great start and into the money in the first UKOPS event of the night. Lost a flip with 10 left that would have got me back around the average stack size and bust.

Got a couple of stacks going in the others then the my neighbours started a major domestic (as they very often do). My dogs were going mental and concentrating was rather challenging, the barny went on for at least 2 hours before they both eventually were arrested.

In the commotion my QKo in the BB found a flop of Q34 rainbow. My opponent bets big so I flat call and see a K on the turn, happy days! I lead out and my opponent reraises, I shove and he calls showing QQ, ugg! I could have used more pot control for sure but I will blame the neighbours distracting me lol.

Got a really nice stack going in the £22 rebuy and was sitting around 4th with 70 left. I miniraise open utg with 55 and it folds around to the BB who shoves. It is 1/3 of my stack to call and it is a bounty hunter so I opted for the call. He has TT, ugg. I flop the 5 though, woot! Then he turns the T, ugg again lol. Still with a healthyish stack I open 88 and a shortish stack shoves, I snap call, they show AJo and I lose the race. Then I pick up 66 and open and the same guy shoves again, once again I call and once again they have AJo and once again I lose the flip. Stack is now in critical mode but I sneek into the payouts at least. I then shove 9 BBs for the C/O with JKo and the same player again calls with A6o but I flop the J. He then rivers the A and it is GG me!

Bust everything else but only a slight loss on the night and 15 points to add to the leaderboard tally.

Will try and do better tomorrow night and hopefully the neighbours will be having a quiet night after their exploits tonight!

Thanks for reading, time for some severely needed beauty sleep..."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2017, 07:35:21 AM »

Enjoying these updates, we don't se many poker updates here these days, so keep them coming.

PS - Sorry to hear both your dogs were arrested.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2017, 10:33:00 AM »

Enjoying these updates, we don't se many poker updates here these days, so keep them coming.

PS - Sorry to hear both your dogs were arrested.

Thanks Mr T and good news on the dog front...

They were released early for good behaviour!

Click to see full-size image.

Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2017, 10:34:26 AM »

Lastest update on the UKOPS shenanigans from my other blog...

Well day 5 of UKOPS was a disaster so this update shouldn't be too long.

Got off to a great start in event 1 of the evening collecting 3 bounties and was sitting in the top few stacks early on. I then couldn't find spots and wasn't getting cards for a long period but shuffled along until there were 32 players left with the top 18 getting paid. I think I was sitting around 19/32. I then get the QQ in the BB and it folds to the BTN who miniraises my BB, the SB flat calls and I shove. The BTN calls, the SB folds, and finally I am in a nice spot to get a stack to try and make a deep FT run. BTN has JJ I have QQ. Flop 886 rainbow, turn 9, I think we all know what is coming on the river... Yup the dreaded J and it is GG me.

I then went on to play thoroughly mediocre, be card dead and run a bit -EV too and bust everything apart from the £5.50 UKOPS BH. I actually made the payouts here but had an above average stack, with I think around 30 left, and made a needless call and lost. I won't mention the hand as there are 2 hands I want to post in the startegy forum and this is 1 of them. It was a justifiable call, would have gave me a top 3 stack and was probably technically a call. It didn't fit in with how I had been playing though and I was thoroughly disappointed in myself for making the call.

I am feeling perfectly chipper and looking forward to tonights games though. I was due a bad night and am content to have a bad night as long as I feel I have played remotely near my best. I am not so sure I did last night though.

I did play a little cash games after the UKOPS stuff the previous 2 nights and softened any loses with about £60 in cash game winnings. Even got some action on the PLO8 cash tables last night at 50p PL.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Easter holidays and good luck on the tables!
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2017, 10:36:04 AM »

To finish on a more positive note...

That was my 10th cash in the UKOPS which I am happy with and I think the leaderboard is still going well with 2 days left so there is still a chance of the £1260 ticket.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2017, 11:19:16 AM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2017, 11:23:24 AM »

Nice lead at the top of the leaderboard. Some nice results over ukops, gl with the rest of the series.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2017, 11:37:44 AM »

Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2017, 10:30:36 AM »

Really up against it with the studying but an update on the UKOPS stuff as I said I would keep doing.

Day 6 was more of the same, ran very much below EV in all the significant spots and played pretty bad too at times too. I am not overly worried about not playing at my best as I know exactly why. Every day of UKOPS has involved about 8 hours of study for my exams which are tomorrow and Wednesday and about 7 or 8 hours of poker. I severely need a couple of days off but have wanted to try and maintain my leaderboard position and feel backed into a corner with the studying. I feel the least prepared I ever have for exams for these upcoming exams so will need to get on top of it today.

A couple of the more interesting spots from yesterday...

In the UKOPS £110 main event I had a bit of a psycho table so really struggled to get involved. Still, after almost 2 hours I had managed to sneak the 10k starting stack up to around 24k with average stacks around 18k. I then get 35o in the BB and UTG+1 limps. It folds around to me and I check and we see a flop of 467 rainbow. Happy days and not a scary board, obviously we don't have our opponent on 58 (they didn't have 58). I think if I minilead at this I may get my opponent to do something stupid if they limped any big pairs so I lead for 500 and they oblige with a raise to 2k and I flat call. If I remember correctly the turn was something like a 2 (a totally dead card and it was a rainbow board. I check and opponent fires around 3k). There is a definite argument for reraising here but with such a safe board I don't want to scare my opponent off and I want to set up a potential check/bet/shove on the river to get their entire stack. River is probably the worst possible card, the 5. Giving me the idiot end of the straight although I should still be good against most of my opponents range. I check, they bet 3.5k and I sigh/call and they show 88 and have hit the gutshot.

I stayed patient though and built back to 18k+ when I lost a chunk more to the same player with my A3o finding a board of 662A7 (they had limped the 56s utg). I then shoved QKo with my remaining chips and the same player, yet again calls, this time they have AQ and there is no help.

Another game I got a stack going in was the £55 bounty hunter. @ 150-300 I get 79 hearts on the BTN and a player I have marked as a fishy miniraises, I 3 bet. I have 14k and they have 9k with average stacks around 8k. I fire the AKQ with 2 diamond flop and they call. Turn is 10 diamonds bringing loads of flush and straight draws in. They check and I check behind to see what they do the the river which was 8 clubs. They check to me again on river. I have this player marked as a fish as mentioned and they have bet when they hit so I don't feel they have anything they can call with. pot is 6k and they have 6k behind so I shove and make it all in for them to call. They call with A2o with top pair, no kicker. I have no idea what this player had me on. This was my first 3bet on them and the list of hands they are losing too is absolutely massive... If it was a major soul read then I would love to buy them a drink and pick their brains but after looking on Sharkscope and seeing their steady downward profit graph I think they just couldn't fold an ace. Oh well, notes take for next time when I will be seeking maximum value from real hands.

I am going to give the £530 and £110 buy in UKOPS a swerve tonight as my head really doesn't feel in it. I will play they other 5 events though at £55 and under.

Apologies for the downbeat tone but I did say I would update whether it was good, bad or indifferent lol.

To finish on a more positive note.. I did minicash in 2 events to add to the leaderboard score. There were some movers on the leaderboard but I think my lead will still be in the 40-50 point range going into the final night.

Also, if I can somehow figure these 2 exams out and not have to re-sit them then my time as a 'mature student' will come to an end in just over 48 hours. I cannot explain the joy I will feel if this is the case, I got so bored with the studying so long ago but have just been trying to 'see it out'. Then I can hopefully stop prattling on about boring uni stuff and get seriously torn into the poker.

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated!

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2017, 02:45:23 PM »

Hi mate, I found last night particularly tough, for some reason I couldn't keep my eyes open and it without doubt affected my play, I knew I should have just de registered and not played the tournaments after the main but I couldn't do it as UKOPS is quite special for me and I don't really want to miss any of it, however unless Sky shuts up shop I'm sure they will continue to put on the greats series' that they do.

I know we don't know each other and have only just "virtually" met so feel free to tell me to mind my own,  I get that you are in with a great shout of winning the leaderboard and tonight is the last night but the sentence " I feel the least prepared I have ever for exams for these upcoming exams so will need to get on top of it today" should get more attention. Just as I knew last night I shouldn't have played maybe you should consider how important passing these couple of last exams are. It might be fine and dandy to cool of tonight after studying by playing half a UKOPS schedule but it might also be an idea to miss it altogether so that you can put to bed what you have been working on the last few years.

Just playing devil's advocate, will still enjoy sharing a table with you tonight if you play.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: