blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:57:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 195852 times)
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2017, 10:30:42 PM »

Giddyup
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2017, 11:03:18 PM »

Evening listener.

Justin Thomas has won the last two CIMBs and this looks quite a week field. I worry that he might be flagging after a long season, but 9/2 could look like a gift on Sunday. Win Only

If he isnt at the races, I have covered with Scott Piercy who has shown up ok last couple of years, and showed some promise after a break last time. He looks a nice back up at 40-1

Over in Italy, I like Matt Fitz, who did well here a couple of years ago, and is in top nick 20-1 will do. Rahm, could blitz them but he looks like a big gangly 2 year old who needs a summer(or in his case, a winter) on his back to fulfill his potential(FWIW, i have backed him for the FEDEX next year, as he just seems to want to play every week, and is hungry!)

Back up bet is David Horsey, who strangely seems to play well around all the central European courses. He has been in ok form and has previous here. 60s+ available.

GL

Well we got a dividend last week after Marc Warren placed at a monster price, and then Mr Trigg chimed in with a 7/1 shot today, so I'm gonna follow you in there and see if we can spin it up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2017, 12:34:19 PM »

Listener update.

Europe. Horsey just completed a -8 round to put himself back in contention. My experience is that he will now bomb out tomorrow after hitting a monster low round. #realist

Matty Fitz should make the cut, but hasn't excelled the way i hoped.

USA. Looks like a total blow out, with neither Thomas(who looks frustrated, hot and bothered everytime I see him) or Piercy cutting much ice, in the heat!

Not dead yet, so fingers crossed.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2017, 12:55:22 PM »

Listener update.

Europe. Horsey just completed a -8 round to put himself back in contention. My experience is that he will now bomb out tomorrow after hitting a monster low round. #realist

USA. Looks like a total blow out, with neither Thomas(who looks frustrated, hot and bothered everytime I see him) or Piercy cutting much ice, in the heat!

I'll happily settle for Horsey, though I thought he was -7 today, & -8 overall.

GL GL

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:57:29 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2017, 02:11:12 PM »

Listener update.

I'll happily settle for Horsey, though I thought he was -7 today, & -8 overall.

GL GL

Shot a 63, so pretty sure that -8 and -9 overall. Hope so anyway!!

Also beggars the question, whatever did happen to horsey???

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2017, 11:36:31 AM »

I find it really hard to watch Austin Connelly.

He has the swing of a gangly kid who has, at best, a ten handicap and he must be 5 stone max.

Incredible stuff.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2017, 08:12:44 PM »

Horsey tied 6th for a small return if you backed him in the right places.

The radar is good at the moment with both in the top 15, but its so annoying we cant hit the mother load.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2017, 09:32:55 AM »

Tyrrell Hatton is on fire;

⛳️ 8 rounds
🐥 54 birdies
🏆 Dunhill Links
🏆 Italian Open
💰 €1.7m prize money

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2017, 09:33:36 AM »

Horsey tied 6th for a small return if you backed him in the right places.

The radar is good at the moment with both in the top 15, but its so annoying we cant hit the mother load.

No worries, we've been thereabouts, keep them coming.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2017, 10:49:02 AM »

Oh Its Wednesday again, and in a one man effort to keep Blonde posts in double figures for the week, I have been routing around looking for some bets...

CJ.

New event on the tour and as such, no back form to rely on.

I am swerving JT this week, who looks jaded and probably needs a break(as he wins by 10!).

Time for the brits to step forward and I am being selective and backing good old Poults who seems to play so well in Asia.

Casey has been having such a magic season in the States, you feel by the law of averages(yes, I know we dont back on the basis of averages!), has to put 4 good rounds together very soon, and finally actually WIN!

Conditions are a big factor with a fitness edge being another issue and I think both boys are well up to the humidity test.

Over in Valderamma I feel I should include Sergio, back in Spain in his Masters year.

As winner last year he will be the centre of attention, and trying his little pop socks off.

Rahm may just take this as added incentive and I just favour him of the big boys.

Shane Lowry has a great record round here, and seems to be getting his act together again, and will be keen to maintain this recent improvement. He goes into the staking plan.

Finally, my old mucker David Howell is a massive 300-1 round a course he too plays well and after a few decent rounds last week is a real banzai for win and Top Ten.

Selections. All ew

P Casey  12-1
Poults     60-1

Rahm      5-1
Lowry     14-1
Howell    300-1(Top Ten 25-1)

GL Reader
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:49:45 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2017, 11:02:12 AM »

All aboard. Modestly, but on.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2017, 07:29:19 AM »

Justin Thomas jaded and needs a break.

First round Nine, yes Nine under.

Shrewd Ads, very shrewd.

Meh

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2017, 05:10:17 PM »

Crisps for tea this weekend reader.

V poor.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2017, 05:41:39 PM »

Justin Thomas jaded and needs a break.

First round Nine, yes Nine under.

Shrewd Ads, very shrewd.

Meh

As, I believe, Wm Shakespeare said, nothing makes a fool of us more than Sports Betting.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 23, 2017, 09:28:56 AM »

Another very frustrating week where the best were written off after day one.

However, gradually Casey and Lowry both managed to grind their way back into positions where place pay outs were a distinct possibility.

Sadly, Casey the bottler ran true to form and was about the only top twenty player to Chuck in an over par final round, and Shane Lowry again showed the form that has seen him slip so far down the rankings.

Onwards.

Anyway, I was flicking through oddschecker earlier and saw my nemesis Mr Justin Thomas was priced up at 40-1 for the Masters..........wtf!

It turned out to be a stale Billy price.

However it did make me investigate further, and I was shocked to find that the hottest running guy in golf is still priced at bigger odds than people like Adam Scott and Justin Rose in some Majors next year.

Sky clearly don't rate him and have him priced up at odds of 35-1 for our Open. Surely crazy.

I have invested some ante post money on each, as this kid is only getting better and surely won't be anywhere near these prices next season.

Back tomorrow for this weeks bets.......I know, you can't wait!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: