blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:37:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 195972 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 23, 2018, 07:43:40 AM »

The mighty Lucas Beergarden is becoming quite a player but so frustrating at the same time.

Week after week he starts so slowly and gradually climbs his way up the leaderboard.

Not sure if he takes some time to adjust, or just doesn't do the requisite homework, but being a player on him each week, well its not even a roller coaster. He is like a Jaimie Spencer ride, just drops out the back and slowly comes through, and sometimes you just feel he should have laid up better at the start..

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 23, 2018, 09:34:34 AM »

The mighty Lucas Beergarden is becoming quite a player but so frustrating at the same time.

Week after week he starts so slowly and gradually climbs his way up the leaderboard.

Not sure if he takes some time to adjust, or just doesn't do the requisite homework, but being a player on him each week, well its not even a roller coaster. He is like a Jaimie Spencer ride, just drops out the back and slowly comes through, and sometimes you just feel he should have laid up better at the start..

He’s definitely a studier and has an excellent and experienced caddy. I’m not sure he’s a slow starter, might just be variance with a bit of observer error thrown in.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 23, 2018, 03:29:08 PM »

PWeek after week he starts so slowly and gradually climbs his way up the leaderboard.

He’s definitely a studier and has an excellent and experienced caddy. I’m not sure he’s a slow starter, might just be variance with a bit of observer error thrown in.

Observer error?

You talk some shite sometimes. But it doesn't surprise me as you seem full of your own self importance on every subject.

Look at his last couple of months results and how he has fared most weeks. He starts poorly and improves.

As a confirmed stat man, check your numbers before you start telling people they dont know what they are talking about.....

Happy to shoot the breeze about stuff, but dont wrap up a blatant "you dont know what you're talking about" without actually knowing yourself.

Many thanks.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 24, 2018, 10:08:10 AM »

PWeek after week he starts so slowly and gradually climbs his way up the leaderboard.

Observer error?

You talk some shite sometimes. But it doesn't surprise me as you seem full of your own self importance on every subject.

Look at his last couple of months results and how he has fared most weeks. He starts poorly and improves.

As a confirmed stat man, check your numbers before you start telling people they dont know what they are talking about.....

Happy to shoot the breeze about stuff, but dont wrap up a blatant "you dont know what you're talking about" without actually knowing yourself.

Many thanks.

I do feel bad when you get upset with stuff like this. Observer error is just part of all of our lives every day. I reckon you’re probably wrong about him being a particularly slow starter. It’s quite a big job to properly analyse it. He’s done OK as FRL in the last two years, both to a £1 level stake and when backed more selectively ;-).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 24, 2018, 03:41:23 PM »

As I said, until you have looked at it and noticed it week on week, as I had, then maybe best to do your homework rather than make grandiose statements.. I did say it was also the last few months, so not so much analysis if you are really that bothered about proving your point.

Never worry about upsetting me, that's half the fun. Wink

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 24, 2018, 03:55:56 PM »

As I said, until you have looked at it and noticed it week on week, as I had, then maybe best to do your homework rather than make grandiose statements.. I did say it was also the last few months, so not so much analysis if you are really that bothered about proving your point.

Never worry about upsetting me, that's half the fun. Wink

I do watch watching him fairly closely every week. Grandiose? :-)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 24, 2018, 08:32:07 PM »

Grandiose-pompous/know it all...... 

Dunhill    70  65  71  67

W Heath  74  67  72  73

China      77  74  79  74

Turkey    70  67  66  67

Sun City  75  70  75  65

Dubai      76  71  66  73

Hong King 73  68 68

Worst round nearly always first....Dunhill was 3 different courses, so hard to be too conclusive there..

Clearly not any perfect lines, but you get the point.....or maybe you just dont?!!

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 25, 2018, 12:35:02 AM »

Grandiose-pompous/know it all...... 

Dunhill    70  65  71  67

W Heath  74  67  72  73

China      77  74  79  74

Turkey    70  67  66  67

Sun City  75  70  75  65

Dubai      76  71  66  73

Hong King 73  68 68

Worst round nearly always first....Dunhill was 3 different courses, so hard to be too conclusive there..

Clearly not any perfect lines, but you get the point.....or maybe you just dont?!!

Thanks for putting up the numbers, it’s a very small sample. I don’t think there’s anything to it other than variance. If there is, it could be the ‘Rahm Effect’, he’s playing lots of these courses for the first time, perhaps he learns as he goes, something that Rahm definitely did first season on tour.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 25, 2018, 07:06:11 AM »

I will let you prove me wrong this time, as I am pretty sure you are wrong again. In that I suspect he has played the majority of the courses before having been on tour a few years now.

Anyway, back to the original point and good old Lucas finished with his best round of the week in Hong Kong this morning, just to add to the variance like..... Cheesy

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 25, 2018, 07:13:21 AM »

I will let you prove me wrong this time, as I am pretty sure you are wrong again. In that I suspect he has played the majority of the courses before having been on tour a few years now.

Anyway, back to the original point and good old Lucas finished with his best round of the week in Hong Kong this morning, just to add to the variance like..... Cheesy

Good morning,

Pretty much a 2nd tier pro until the Golf Sixes win. Kind of funny, it feels like we’re arguing over who is the bigger Lucas fan.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 25, 2018, 09:27:37 AM »

What every Masters champion wore on Sunday

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 20, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »

Just watched the Father and Son event held in Orlando.

Jack played in it and he still putts as well as anyone out there. Worth a watch.

Incredible scenes

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 10, 2019, 11:52:07 AM »

I'm not a fan of this wrap-around nonsense unless playing PLO so for me the US tour officially starts this week with the full-field Sony Open at Waialae GC in Hawaii.

If the winds are going to be light as is forecast then it is likely to become a bit of a putting contest with a winning score of 20+under par.

Bryson DeChambeau looks a bit skinny @11/1, but 17 on betty's win market looks okay as he was putting like God last week.

I've also gone with Cameron Smith @36, and will be on Kuuuuuch if I get matched @50.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 10, 2019, 03:37:29 PM »

Dabbles on Jimmy Walker@100 and Sam Burns @300 added to the aforementioned musketeers.

GL to all who play.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 10, 2019, 04:37:51 PM »

Haven't done anything at all this week, but gl all!

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: