blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:18:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 198142 times)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 10, 2019, 09:48:50 AM »

Funny old day yesterday. Such a massive advantage for the early starters. Couldn’t really rule anyone within five shots out at this point.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 10, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »

Funny old day yesterday. Such a massive advantage for the early starters. Couldn’t really rule anyone within five shots out at this point.

I think the course was still very playable from the fairway but there is a big premium on driving the ball well.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 10, 2019, 10:45:47 AM »

Agreed, it looked to me like the greens had dried out massively so it was impossible to get it close unless you were really able to control your spin.

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 10, 2019, 10:53:18 AM »

What do you reckon the winning score will be?

-10 might feel fairly comfortable sitting in the clubhouse.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 10, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »

I’d say you’d be in a playoff at worse at -12

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 10, 2019, 02:43:30 PM »

I never mentioned it when I got on, so I had to keep schtum on here on Friday night, but I had Fleetwood at a silly price & midway though Friday he was 3 shots clear, eventually he & Bradley were tied, still 3 clear I think. And I'm thinking, happy days, that's Cheltenham paid for. Was feeling pretty pleased with my incred golf punting skills.

I was away working all day yesterday, 6am until 2am non-stop day, up North (Manchester, dreadful place), & never got a moment to check the Saturday scores.

Got up this morning, could barely believe my eyes, Fleetwood had shot a 76 or something like that.

I feel like a sort of Mini Marky.    
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:15:11 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 10, 2019, 03:54:47 PM »

Little Ricky Fowler -5 through the first seven holes today - almost everyone is in this.

I'd love to see one of my boys blast out the traps like that.

Almost time to strap myself in for the footie rollercoaster ride and then what's left of me for the Bay Hill one.

GL all.

apezmonkeyz

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 10, 2019, 05:22:19 PM »

Well Karabiner. your on Ben an and hes 3 under thru 6, so youve got your chance. Is he too far behind ?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 10, 2019, 05:43:20 PM »

I never mentioned it when I got on, so I had to keep schtum on here on Friday night, but I had Fleetwood at a silly price & midway though Friday he was 3 shots clear, eventually he & Bradley were tied, still 3 clear I think. And I'm thinking, happy days, that's Cheltenham paid for. Was feeling pretty pleased with my incred golf punting skills.

I was away working all day yesterday, 6am until 2am non-stop day, up North (Manchester, dreadful place), & never got a moment to check the Saturday scores.

Got up this morning, could barely believe my eyes, Fleetwood had shot a 76 or something like that.

I feel like a sort of Mini Marky.    

Cheesy

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 10, 2019, 05:48:32 PM »

Little Ricky Fowler -5 through the first seven holes today - almost everyone is in this.

I'd love to see one of my boys blast out the traps like that.

Almost time to strap myself in for the footie rollercoaster ride and then what's left of me for the Bay Hill one.

GL all.

Affectionately known as Big Dick Rick

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 10, 2019, 11:15:07 PM »

Matt Wallace cost himself a lot of $$$$$ by missing from inside a yard at the last and he also caused me a lot of pain by 3/4ing my place bet grrrr

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 11, 2019, 12:16:04 PM »

Shame RCB couldn't carry his approach on 18 by another yard to make it interesting.  Had a little bit ew on Im at 100/1 as well which was nice. Great to see 10/12 UK guys make the cut and 4 in the top 6. Feels like Rory's concentration is lacking a bit. He took 3 wood off the tee at either 15 or 16 I think, asking it to sit in mid air as it carried into the bunker. Seemed a weird club selection when he would have had a sub 200 approach with a 5 wood and he'd have taken the bunker out of play.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 11, 2019, 04:16:29 PM »

Well Karabiner. your on Ben an and hes 3 under thru 6, so youve got your chance. Is he too far behind ?

He missed getting placed by one shot Sad

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 13, 2019, 11:44:08 AM »

One final word on Bay Hill and Frankie Molinari's performance is that it was all the more remarkable because he has recently changed equipment to Callaway.

Equipment changes for top golfers can often mean several months of readjustment and tinkering, so it reflects very well on both Frankie and the new Callaway clubs.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 13, 2019, 06:31:24 PM »

To be fair, it was announced last week but he’d been using callaway as a free agent since the end of 2018 - albeit that’s not a huge amount competitively. Loads of practise though for sure.

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: