blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 198157 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: July 27, 2019, 10:26:12 PM »

Stacy Lewis decrying the 5hr 50mins that it took for her round today in The Evian Championship.

I can't even recall anyone even being put on the clock in a ladies' event.

JB Holmes would fit right in there.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 28, 2019, 02:41:33 AM »

All in on Rory.

Lets see if the jolt of last week has made a man of him with some cold hard cash at 10-1.

Gone at the game.

Sure he will pop up somewhere but he should be 50s plus and anyone taking less is more stupid than me backing him this week.lol

timing tho.

All about the reverse bok.

Long way to go tho. I'm still not convinced.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 28, 2019, 05:40:59 PM »

Was in the States last week and the wife was happy to have the Golf Channel on all week.

Saw a lot of girls golf and the current Wunderkid is Jennifer Kupcho, who turns pro this week.

She has balls of steel and is going to be some player. She has a great attitude and desire to succeed and so watch this space.

However, I note she is shorter in price than Georgia Hall(won the British Open?) who in turn is five times the price of Charly Hull, who surely doesn't match up on her achievements?

If dont know enough about Ladies golf, but why is GH so big? Are the courses too long, is she out of form, is CH playing well?

I have no doubt neither are a match for the current crop and hope to see a fast start from a Korda sister, but would welcome any insight.

The Kupcho has landed.

What a first major.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 28, 2019, 10:53:01 PM »

All in on Rory.

Lets see if the jolt of last week has made a man of him with some cold hard cash at 10-1.

Gone at the game.

Sure he will pop up somewhere but he should be 50s plus and anyone taking less is more stupid than me backing him this week.lol

timing tho.

Anyone else of the commentators on Sky constantly blowing smoke up McIlroys ass, making him out to bbe playing far better then he actually is?
Another poor round when the pressure is on
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 30, 2019, 01:52:33 PM »

Agree about McIlroy's media-darling ad nauseum status now both sides of the pond since he got hitched to that American bird.

It's the final ladies' major this week - The LPGA British Open at Woburn which just happens to be Charley Hull's home course.

I'm very strong on Ariya @12/1, also like 6 @28/1 ew, Nasa @80/1 ew, and Bronte @90/1 ew.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 30, 2019, 10:31:12 PM »

All in on Rory.

Gone at the game.

timing tho.

Not sure what this was all about, he still blew it.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 19, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »

The "handicaps" for the tour championship

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/08/18/top-30-tour-championship-quick-look.html

Any thoughts on betting angles?  How far back can the winner come from?  If you think -4 then 4 places, 1/4 looks attractive.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 19, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/08/18/top-30-tour-championship-quick-look.html

Any thoughts on betting angles?  How far back can the winner come from?  If you think -4 then 4 places, 1/4 looks attractive.

This a weird market imo. The back end of it look far too short to me, top end look too big. Cantley each way at 5/1 1/4 the first 4 looks very good.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 19, 2019, 04:04:16 PM »

This a weird market imo. The back end of it look far too short to me, top end look too big. Cantley each way at 5/1 1/4 the first 4 looks very good.

I thought Rahm and Schauffele looked good, just on the principle that if the win price is right, the place price must be too big.  4th is more likely than third, which is more likely than second, which is more likely tham first simply because of the handicap at the start.  So it feels like a fifth first 4 isn't far wrong, so quarter first 4 must be good.

I am sure Cantley is good too, but I keep backing him for the wrong tournaments.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 19, 2019, 06:58:08 PM »

Who is this Cantley of whom you speak?

On Cantlay @19/4 ew 1/4 1-4 btw 

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 21, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »

I like the chances of someone capable of low low rounds and little to lose by chasing.

I can see it all getting a little nervy up front and backing Matsuyama, Snedeker and Abe Ancer, who has to put his recent experiences to good use soon.

Will back all three for both, just in case.

Can't see beyond Keopka for the biggie on the same basis as Cantlay. Surely an ew steal, as the best big game player on the planet.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 22, 2019, 12:08:49 PM »

A wonderfully amusing Phil Mickelson anecdote spotted on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/mikephillipsOG/status/1164365184032530433

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 23, 2019, 01:23:56 PM »

So the field has bunched up, and a fair few bookies are now a fifth first 3.   Yesterday the scores were more spread out, yet some were quarter first 4.   

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 23, 2019, 07:17:52 PM »

Had to press on Cantlay @12.5.

Come on you Cant..

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 24, 2019, 10:13:14 PM »

Looks like some fans have been badly injured by a lightening strike during the delay in play here. Ambulances on course now to attend.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: