blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:29:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Manchester Arena bombing
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester Arena bombing  (Read 71045 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2017, 12:36:06 PM »

PC brigade always quick to pounce when the word muslim is used. How far do things have to go before people admit that islam poses a real threat to humanity?

I've found a very interesting video on youtube that could help some of you see things a little differently.

"In term of social liberalism, in terms of political liberalism, islam is simply the slowest kid in the class"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UwVD1Efqbk

you are confusing islam with radical or extreme islam

you wouldn't equate Christian with the Ku Klux Klan (or name other christian extremists of your choice) would you?

yet thats the sort of direct link you are trying to draw

Islam is roughly 1.8bn people strong, about 24% of the world's population and the fast growing religion in the world.

the proportion of those who advocate extremism/ISIS/anti west? tiny.

yeh but my gods better than your god bro.

+ brown and different = scared.

no chance a non Muslim religious person grows up Muslim if they grow up in the middle east 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »

PC brigade always quick to pounce when the word muslim is used. How far do things have to go before people admit that islam poses a real threat to humanity?

I've found a very interesting video on youtube that could help some of you see things a little differently.

"In term of social liberalism, in terms of political liberalism, islam is simply the slowest kid in the class"

Thanks for that, watch a few of his vids, that guy is spot on.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2017, 02:48:29 PM »

How many people in the UK have been affected by this threat to humanity in the last 15 years? How many Muslims live in the UK? Are you capable of understanding how division works?

Wonder how our foreign policy compares if we want to play the threat to humanity game  

Not saying there isn't a problem, but right wing droolers yelling "ISLAM!" with full throated intensity every 10 minutes are doing the precise opposite of helping.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 02:50:11 PM by muckthenuts » Logged
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2017, 02:50:32 PM »

How many people in the UK have been affected by this threat to humanity in the last 15 years? How many Muslims live in the UK? Are you capable of understanding how division works?

Wonder how our foreign policy compares if we want to play the threat to humanity game  

Not saying there isn't a problem, but right wing droolers yelling "ISLAM!" with full throated intensity every 10 minutes are doing the precise opposite of helping.

but we cant use reason and logic  idiot idiot idiot
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2017, 03:27:28 PM »

Religion is the slow kid in the class.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2017, 04:55:57 PM »

that website is legit convincing. I'm already half muslim just from clicking on it.

do you lease your cars from here? https://www.lingscars.com/

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 04:58:14 PM by titaniumbean » Logged
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2017, 06:37:57 PM »

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=2017

In 2017 there have been 873 Islamic attacks in 46 countries, in which 6060 people were killed and 6394 injured.

With it being the fastest growing religion in the world these numbers are only going to increase with it, and its not a threat to humanity?

How many Muslims have been killed in that same period by attacks on them by the likes of ISIS and Buka Haram?

How many innocent people have been killed as a result of military aggression by Britain/America and their allies in the middle east?

How many Palestinians have been killed as a result of Israel's continued attack in the Westbank?
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2017, 06:45:42 PM »

lol 'TROP is a non-partisan, fact-based site which examines the ideological threat that Islam poses to human dignity and freedom'. Interesting that they already know the conclusion before they 'lay out the facts'.

How many of the deaths quoted are from muslim on muslim violence?

If only they knew to call any attacks on the West crusades then it would be in good fun 
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »

A word in favour of the muslim faith (anecdoctal I know).  My mum is seriously ill in hospital so I am up there every day.  She and her partner are Tory/Borderline UKIP in political stance compared to my more soft Tory stance.  Muslim Chaplain/Iman (?)was up there today and ended up in my mum's room by mistake and got ambushed by the chatty aforementioned pair.  I was preparing to disappear under the hospital bed.  Anyway, chat got on to Manchester and the Iman dealt with things very well and stayed for about 20 minutes.  My folks didn't say anything outrageously out of line but the atmosphere felt hostile to Islam and religion in general (to me anyway).  Anyway I followed him outside and said along the lines of "sorry if that was uncomfortable and I thought you dealt with the situation very well.  I appreciate your tolerance".    He said "no problem - I understand feelings are running high at the moment and it's understandable".

A really nice chap.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2017, 08:46:24 PM »

A word in favour of the muslim faith (anecdoctal I know).  My mum is seriously ill in hospital so I am up there every day.  She and her partner are Tory/Borderline UKIP in political stance compared to my more soft Tory stance.  Muslim Chaplain/Iman (?)was up there today and ended up in my mum's room by mistake and got ambushed by the chatty aforementioned pair.  I was preparing to disappear under the hospital bed.  Anyway, chat got on to Manchester and the Iman dealt with things very well and stayed for about 20 minutes.  My folks didn't say anything outrageously out of line but the atmosphere felt hostile to Islam and religion in general (to me anyway).  Anyway I followed him outside and said along the lines of "sorry if that was uncomfortable and I thought you dealt with the situation very well.  I appreciate your tolerance".    He said "no problem - I understand feelings are running high at the moment and it's understandable".

A really nice chap.

I'm a pretty tolerant person really, but what I cannot stand is people expecting Muslims to apologise for events like Manchester.

White Christians haven't apologised for the Portland murders. and nor should they.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2017, 08:49:24 PM »

A really nice chap.

I'm a pretty tolerant person really, but what I cannot stand is people expecting Muslims to apologise for events like Manchester.

White Christians haven't apologised for the Portland murders. and nor should they.

Agreed Camel. It's the 0.5% that hijack and twist religions that are the problem.

Not the vast, vast majority that are decent honest people.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2017, 09:02:52 PM »

A really nice chap.

The thing is that every time this happens, there are a raft of apologies and much soul searching by the Muslim community.  This is swifty followed by a bunch of people asking why they don't EVER apologise?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2017, 09:08:30 PM »

A really nice chap.

Not really sure you got my point.  Point was the guy was obviously deeply religious but happy to chat about things.  Nobody in the scenario was asking him to apologise.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2017, 09:10:28 PM »

A really nice chap.

Not really sure you got my point.  Point was the guy was obviously deeply religious but happy to chat about things.  Nobody in the scenario was asking him to apologise.

No, I get your point I think. I was expecting your mother and partner to ask for an apology.

I was refreshingly surprised they didn't after your description of them.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »

A word in favour of the muslim faith (anecdoctal I know).  My mum is seriously ill in hospital so I am up there every day.  She and her partner are Tory/Borderline UKIP in political stance compared to my more soft Tory stance.  Muslim Chaplain/Iman (?)was up there today and ended up in my mum's room by mistake and got ambushed by the chatty aforementioned pair.  I was preparing to disappear under the hospital bed.  Anyway, chat got on to Manchester and the Iman dealt with things very well and stayed for about 20 minutes.  My folks didn't say anything outrageously out of line but the atmosphere felt hostile to Islam and religion in general (to me anyway).  Anyway I followed him outside and said along the lines of "sorry if that was uncomfortable and I thought you dealt with the situation very well.  I appreciate your tolerance".    He said "no problem - I understand feelings are running high at the moment and it's understandable".

A really nice chap.

Not really sure you got my point.  Point was the guy was obviously deeply religious but happy to chat about things.  Nobody in the scenario was asking him to apologise.

No, I get your point I think. I was expecting your mother and partner to ask for an apology.

I was refreshingly surprised they didn't after your description of them.

They were more along the lines of "don't understand how someone who can get so wrapped up in the name of religion kills themselves and others".  He agreed with that sentiment and did not understand either.

Edit:  Perhaps it was my own worries that were wrong that my folks weren't going to get along with him and he wouldn't be understanding of their views.  I guess i was the person who was wrong to be worried about it.  Anyway - I was surprised at how well the conversation went.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:14:32 PM by DungBeetle » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: