blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:37:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Manchester Arena bombing
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester Arena bombing  (Read 70435 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2017, 09:36:14 PM »

A word in favour of the muslim faith (anecdoctal I know).  My mum is seriously ill in hospital so I am up there every day.  She and her partner are Tory/Borderline UKIP in political stance compared to my more soft Tory stance.  Muslim Chaplain/Iman (?)was up there today and ended up in my mum's room by mistake and got ambushed by the chatty aforementioned pair.  I was preparing to disappear under the hospital bed.  Anyway, chat got on to Manchester and the Iman dealt with things very well and stayed for about 20 minutes.  My folks didn't say anything outrageously out of line but the atmosphere felt hostile to Islam and religion in general (to me anyway).  Anyway I followed him outside and said along the lines of "sorry if that was uncomfortable and I thought you dealt with the situation very well.  I appreciate your tolerance".    He said "no problem - I understand feelings are running high at the moment and it's understandable".

A really nice chap.

I'm a pretty tolerant person really, but what I cannot stand is people expecting Muslims to apologise for events like Manchester.

White Christians haven't apologised for the Portland murders. and nor should they.

Not really sure you got my point.  Point was the guy was obviously deeply religious but happy to chat about things.  Nobody in the scenario was asking him to apologise.

No, I get your point I think. I was expecting your mother and partner to ask for an apology.

I was refreshingly surprised they didn't after your description of them.

They were more along the lines of "don't understand how someone who can get so wrapped up in the name of religion kills themselves and others".  He agreed with that sentiment and did not understand either.

Edit:  Perhaps it was my own worries that were wrong that my folks weren't going to get along with him and he wouldn't be understanding of their views.  I guess i was the person who was wrong to be worried about it.  Anyway - I was surprised at how well the conversation went.

Sounds decent.

Best wishes to your mother.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2017, 01:50:32 AM »

A word in favour of the muslim faith (anecdoctal I know).  My mum is seriously ill in hospital so I am up there every day.  She and her partner are Tory/Borderline UKIP in political stance compared to my more soft Tory stance.  Muslim Chaplain/Iman (?)was up there today and ended up in my mum's room by mistake and got ambushed by the chatty aforementioned pair.  I was preparing to disappear under the hospital bed.  Anyway, chat got on to Manchester and the Iman dealt with things very well and stayed for about 20 minutes.  My folks didn't say anything outrageously out of line but the atmosphere felt hostile to Islam and religion in general (to me anyway).  Anyway I followed him outside and said along the lines of "sorry if that was uncomfortable and I thought you dealt with the situation very well.  I appreciate your tolerance".    He said "no problem - I understand feelings are running high at the moment and it's understandable".

A really nice chap.

I'm a pretty tolerant person really, but what I cannot stand is people expecting Muslims to apologise for events like Manchester.

White Christians haven't apologised for the Portland murders. and nor should they.

The thing is that every time this happens, there are a raft of apologies and much soul searching by the Muslim community.  This is swifty followed by a bunch of people asking why they don't EVER apologise?

If your only knowledge of Islam is the television or Daily Mail you can see how this kind of thing would happen.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »

I can't help thinking some people are blindfolded by political correctness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UwVD1Efqbk

Some facts in the Douglas Murray video clearly show islam is a relgion still in the darkages.   0% of British muslims think homosexuality is acceptable, 52% of British muslims think homosexuality should be made illegal. But we have to be careful what we say incase we offend someone.
After watching the short BBC series Three Girls and doing a little reading on grooming gangs, I was gobsmacked at how many muslims were involved in these despicable crimes . The site below suggests while muslims make up only 5% of the population but they are 90% of those convicted for these grooming gang crimes.

http://www.pmclauth.com/sentenced/Grooming-Gang-Statistics/Gangs-Jailed

1400 children were victims over 2 decades in Rotherham alone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28939089

Since 2010 there have been 100's of convictions of muslim men in many parts of the country for grooming and raping of children.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/13/29-people-in-court-over-170-charges-of-sexual-exploitation-of-18-children-6571793/

If there was 1400 in Rotterdam alone then there must have been thousands of children up and down the country groomed and raped by thousands of muslim men.  In the story of the Three Girls, one girl said they were taken to many different properties and placed in a circle of muslim men who in turn had sex with them, one of these girls was 13 years old and had special needs.
 Now, I know you cant tarnish with the same brush and all that but how did the members of these gangs share information and network? How and why has grooming/raping come so common within muslim communities? Basic common sense and life experience says if there were thousands of men committing these crimes then there must have been many more that knew it was happening right?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/100-paedophiles-still-prowl-streets-10442917

Over several decades thousands of children were being groomed and raped by muslim men while thousands more knew it was happening, yet theres no report of 1 single muslim stood in the witness box, not one of them did their duty as a moral human being and report these horrendous crimes. Can you imagine how angry people are after all this coming to light? It took a brave little girl who had been repeatedly raped to smash up a takeaway and get arrested for it all to be exposed. Which leaves me with one burning question I can't get out of my head.

Is the grooming and raping of children deemed acceptable in these muslim communities?

You didn't watch three girls.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2017, 09:56:44 AM »

0% of British muslims think homosexuality is acceptable?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »

I know a homosexual Muslim.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2017, 10:07:26 AM »

I can't help thinking some people are blindfolded by political correctness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UwVD1Efqbk

Some facts in the Douglas Murray video clearly show islam is a relgion still in the darkages.   0% of British muslims think homosexuality is acceptable, 52% of British muslims think homosexuality should be made illegal. But we have to be careful what we say incase we offend someone.
After watching the short BBC series Three Girls and doing a little reading on grooming gangs, I was gobsmacked at how many muslims were involved in these despicable crimes . The site below suggests while muslims make up only 5% of the population but they are 90% of those convicted for these grooming gang crimes.

http://www.pmclauth.com/sentenced/Grooming-Gang-Statistics/Gangs-Jailed

1400 children were victims over 2 decades in Rotherham alone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28939089

Since 2010 there have been 100's of convictions of muslim men in many parts of the country for grooming and raping of children.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/13/29-people-in-court-over-170-charges-of-sexual-exploitation-of-18-children-6571793/

If there was 1400 in Rotterdam alone then there must have been thousands of children up and down the country groomed and raped by thousands of muslim men.  In the story of the Three Girls, one girl said they were taken to many different properties and placed in a circle of muslim men who in turn had sex with them, one of these girls was 13 years old and had special needs.
 Now, I know you cant tarnish with the same brush and all that but how did the members of these gangs share information and network? How and why has grooming/raping come so common within muslim communities? Basic common sense and life experience says if there were thousands of men committing these crimes then there must have been many more that knew it was happening right?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/100-paedophiles-still-prowl-streets-10442917

Over several decades thousands of children were being groomed and raped by muslim men while thousands more knew it was happening, yet theres no report of 1 single muslim stood in the witness box, not one of them did their duty as a moral human being and report these horrendous crimes. Can you imagine how angry people are after all this coming to light? It took a brave little girl who had been repeatedly raped to smash up a takeaway and get arrested for it all to be exposed. Which leaves me with one burning question I can't get out of my head.

Is the grooming and raping of children deemed acceptable in these muslim communities?

Some Christians think homosexual marriage is wrong.

Most Jews thinks it's ok to mutilate a young boy's genitals and abortion is wrong in almost all cases.

Sikh's cannot drink.

Methodists cannot gamble.

Hindu women must walk behind the men.

Religion is a load of mumbo jumbo.

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2017, 10:10:33 AM »

Some facts in the Douglas Murray video

I'm not sure fact means what you think it means.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »

Does he think it's acceptable?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2017, 12:16:04 PM »

I know right.  idiot
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2017, 03:48:42 PM »

Depends if his latest crush is treating him well or not tbh.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2017, 04:02:57 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/may/07/muslims-britain-france-germany-homosexuality

Ok ok I've found  an article on the source he was referring to and maybe I could have worded it a little different but it still makes the same point that a huge part of the muslim population refuse to embrace a western way of life.

sex drugs and rock and roll ?

other religions like it?

posts like 0% when talking about 1.5 billion just devalue any point made
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2017, 04:19:33 PM »

but it still makes the same point that a huge part of the muslim population refuse to embrace a western way of life.

None of the 500 British Muslims interviewed believed that homosexual acts were morally acceptable

Population of muslims in Britain is around 3,115,000

huge part of the muslim population

huge

0.016%

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2017, 06:35:41 PM »

Bit soon for a benefit gig isn't it?

Not that it offends me, but if it offends one family of someone affected by the bomb, then I would wait for a month or two at the very least.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2017, 06:58:22 PM »

This is funny

sola virtus nobilitat
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2017, 07:18:21 PM »

Blah blah blah

Lots of nitpicking but no real challenge to the principal points being made.

There was one quote at the bottom of a page I looked at yesterday that made me smile.

'Critical thinking sacrificed to the god of political correctness'

No more further questions your honour.....

You should understand how these surveys are conducted towards getting sensational results. Does it not occur to you that a figure of 0% may be conducted with a mind towards selling the data? By the same token you could conduct a similar poll and come up with a list of crazy things Europeans are supposed to believe. And as for 'reliability', you know the polls got Brexit wrong, and got Trump wrong, and got the last British general election wrong.

No one's denying that some parts of the Islamic world have questionable values, including on homosexuality. What you should do however if you have any semblance of integrity whatsoever, is to acknowledge that some parts of the Christian world do too, not excluding the UK.

As for Rotherham - it was a horrific scandal. As was Jimmy Saville, the BBC, Catholic Church, care home and football scandals which also affected thousands of children. I wonder are you really interested in rape victims or abused children in general? Why alienate Muslims exclusively in relation to the rest of us?

As far as I’m concerned Muslims or anyone can believe what they like. It’s none of my fucking business. Living in a free society means tolerating people with different religious beliefs. If a Muslim commits a terror act in the name of ISIS or you go Anders Brevik on us we deal with it. But mainly we're talking about people who live among us, some for several generations who are just trying to get on with their lives like the rest of us…but face prejudice and hatred from people like you because of the acts of extremists.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: