blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)  (Read 304041 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 30, 2017, 03:32:56 PM »

I'm still pretty excited about the future of crypto. To look at the bigger picture, the actual market cap vs the role crypto is going to take in the future is just a fraction. However, all investments are just speculative as the technology isn't at all implemented. If crypto disappeared tomorrow then the world will still function just fine.

I'm glad I invested when I did as the longer I spend in crypto space the more uneasy I feel. It's impossible to value something that is so far from being implemented right now. My personal opinion and feeling is that crypto isn't over-valued right now, but that it is going to continue to grow exponentially (bitcoin is has continued to grow exponentially) until a bubble bursts. History has a tendency to repeat itself and it's the reason why more veteran investors don't like to invest in crypto. About 3 months ago I no longer encouraged people to invest in crypto as it's not a solid investment but I think if someone enjoys swings and has an amount of income they are prepared to set aside, then fine. The risk reward is ultimately worth it but most people don't like to have much risk when investing.

1 bitcoin to be worth $25k
1 bitcoin to be worth $1k

Both seem as likely to me in 2018. A crash won't even be a bad thing and it will recover just like the tech market ultimately ended up doing as crypto will eventually be a part of every day life be it for monetary reasons, decentralised apps or contracts.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 30, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »

when's it gonna be worth £5k a coin? flittering around for weeks, I WANT FIVE KAYZ A COIN YO.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2017, 12:54:12 AM »

when's it gonna be worth £5k a coin? flittering around for weeks, I WANT FIVE KAYZ A COIN YO.

Think you're the only pidge who sweats bitcoin in GBP mate

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2017, 03:26:43 AM »

I'm still pretty excited about the future of crypto. To look at the bigger picture, the actual market cap vs the role crypto is going to take in the future is just a fraction. However, all investments are just speculative as the technology isn't at all implemented. If crypto disappeared tomorrow then the world will still function just fine.

I'm glad I invested when I did as the longer I spend in crypto space the more uneasy I feel. It's impossible to value something that is so far from being implemented right now. My personal opinion and feeling is that crypto isn't over-valued right now, but that it is going to continue to grow exponentially (bitcoin is has continued to grow exponentially) until a bubble bursts. History has a tendency to repeat itself and it's the reason why more veteran investors don't like to invest in crypto. About 3 months ago I no longer encouraged people to invest in crypto as it's not a solid investment but I think if someone enjoys swings and has an amount of income they are prepared to set aside, then fine. The risk reward is ultimately worth it but most people don't like to have much risk when investing.

1 bitcoin to be worth $25k
1 bitcoin to be worth $1k

Both seem as likely to me in 2018. A crash won't even be a bad thing and it will recover just like the tech market ultimately ended up doing as crypto will eventually be a part of every day life be it for monetary reasons, decentralised apps or contracts.

25k  dont river me
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »

https://twitter.com/CMEGroup/status/925361721757327362

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »

Presumably if Bitcoin hits $25k on here we'll start calling them cranberries.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2017, 05:38:18 PM »

Presumably if Bitcoin hits $25k on here we'll start calling them cranberries.

Cheesy

acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2017, 08:52:26 AM »

Having a regulated way of accessing an investment in bitcoin is a game changer for me. I still wouldn't buy bitcoin at these levels, just waiting for the sharks to circle and short the life out of BTC and get it back to more sensible levels. Then we can start looking at the fundamentals rather than momentum which seems to have the upper hand right now.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2017, 11:15:16 AM »

Having a regulated way of accessing an investment in bitcoin is a game changer for me. I still wouldn't buy bitcoin at these levels, just waiting for the sharks to circle and short the life out of BTC and get it back to more sensible levels. Then we can start looking at the fundamentals rather than momentum which seems to have the upper hand right now.

When you say sensible levels, if bitcoin reached say 20k next April then plummeted down to 6.5k by May (the current value) would you be looking to buy then?

<3 ENSUING
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2017, 10:30:46 AM »

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2017, 10:32:34 AM »

Proper lol'd.

I sold all my alts a few days ago for btc. It's an absolute bloodbath out there for alt coins right now and right at this moment I am considering going 90% alts again just until before the fork. When there's blood on the streets...

<3 ENSUING
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2017, 11:05:15 AM »

£5k a coin!!!!!

OIOIIIIIIIIIII

£s are the queens currency, $'s are trumps currency Smiley

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 02, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »

£5k a coin!!!!!

OIOIIIIIIIIIII

£s are the queens currency, $'s are trumps currency Smiley

$7k a coin oioi!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 02, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »

Proper lol'd.

I sold all my alts a few days ago for btc. It's an absolute bloodbath out there for alt coins right now and right at this moment I am considering going 90% alts again just until before the fork. When there's blood on the streets...

Why not wait until after the snapshot has been taken?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: