blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:25:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  BLONDE FPL Thread 2017/18
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BLONDE FPL Thread 2017/18  (Read 57517 times)
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2017, 01:48:39 PM »

Any room left in the cups ?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2017, 06:02:36 PM »

Why did so many people - even those with okay teams - choose to use their wildcard so early this time?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2017, 06:30:47 PM »

Team value. Some people feel that it is a good strategy to ditch a load of their players who are going to decrease in price and swap them for ones who are going to increase.

Personally, I kept mine as there will come a time when I've lost a load of players to injury/suspension and there will be others playing poorly.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2017, 07:16:14 PM »

Why did so many people - even those with okay teams - choose to use their wildcard so early this time?

2 wild cards one has to be used by christmas

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »

2 wild cards one has to be used by christmas

How many FPL shopping-days until Xmas?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2017, 08:47:39 PM »

Any room left in the cups ?

Hi, there is. You should already have payment details. Please send £30 and I'll send you the league code.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »

Because I am a dick!
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »

Team value. Some people feel that it is a good strategy to ditch a load of their players who are going to decrease in price and swap them for ones who are going to increase.

Personally, I kept mine as there will come a time when I've lost a load of players to injury/suspension and there will be others playing poorly.

Really this was the reason. It back fired. FPL always does. I literally have no idea why I bother. I am so close to rage-quitting.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2017, 11:39:28 PM »

The 1st international break is probably the single biggest wildcard option chosen by most top managers. The reason for this is that the transfer window is closed and we have a much better idea of what team lineups are likely to be. Also historically that international break used to be the best time to make good team value on purchases, although this has changed in the last couple of years with wildcard transfers being excluded from overall transfers in regard to price rises. It's a good time to sell all the possible £0.1m droppers we might have in our team. So yeah, team value.
I did it it in GW3, a week earlier than I really wanted to and it cost me 30pts. Many of the managers who went in GW3 had a mare. Similarly most managers that wildcarded in GW4 seemed to have a poor week.
A lot of managers have decided to wait a little longer this season, GW6/7/8 due to the fact that the prices rises/drops are much slower this season than last season. Also there is a few fixture list changes around that time. Evertons fixture turn better, Stokes turn better, Spurs a little worse, etc.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2017, 07:20:47 PM »

The 1st international break is probably the single biggest wildcard option chosen by most top managers. The reason for this is that the transfer window is closed and we have a much better idea of what team lineups are likely to be. Also historically that international break used to be the best time to make good team value on purchases, although this has changed in the last couple of years with wildcard transfers being excluded from overall transfers in regard to price rises. It's a good time to sell all the possible £0.1m droppers we might have in our team. So yeah, team value.
I did it it in GW3, a week earlier than I really wanted to and it cost me 30pts. Many of the managers who went in GW3 had a mare. Similarly most managers that wildcarded in GW4 seemed to have a poor week.
A lot of managers have decided to wait a little longer this season, GW6/7/8 due to the fact that the prices rises/drops are much slower this season than last season. Also there is a few fixture list changes around that time. Evertons fixture turn better, Stokes turn better, Spurs a little worse, etc.

I'm just slightly surprised that anyone would go into a season with a pre-conceived plan to use their wildcard in week 3/4/5 as I(possibly naively) always considered it an emergency fix mechanism - having said that I think this is the first time I've not used mine in the first 2/3 gameweeks - interesting strategy line on adding value though especially if you've missed a few shooting stars.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2017, 03:38:12 PM »

cups start next gameweek?
what about LMS?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2017, 05:19:41 PM »

not sure who Robert Moss is but have they made a Big ooops moment played there wildcard week 6 made no transfers then made 8 transfer this week for -28 points?

RobM

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2017, 06:06:24 PM »

I did it on purpose believe it or not! Made 23 transfers on my wildcard week but it shows as zero on the gameweek history. Safe to say the wildcard didn't work out  Cheesy

Morata now injured too.  Roll Eyes
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2017, 07:00:34 PM »

I did it on purpose believe it or not! Made 23 transfers on my wildcard week but it shows as zero on the gameweek history. Safe to say the wildcard didn't work out  Cheesy

Morata now injured too.  Roll Eyes

wow i thought i was beat in the H2H till i saw you were -28 for transfers, i finally get round to dropping DeBruyne this week  in my wild card obviously he is now going on a rush of goals

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2017, 12:09:05 AM »

Entry to the cups is now closed and the league cup round of 32 takes place this week.

kp24 had expressed an interest in joining but never firmed that up and he hasn't been online since Sept 14th.  So, we were left with just 27 entrants. It's a rather awkward number - especially for the Champions League - so I've decided to gift entry to Tikay's team (he has no idea about this by the way). That makes a much better number of 28 and I'll update the prize pools on the OP shortly.

What it means for the cup comps is this.

League Cup/FA Cup: 28 x Human team + 4x Average (the weekly average score) to make up the 32 entrants. The complete draw for the League Cup will be done this week and posted in the thread and the original post. It will be conducted by an independent party (someone not in the league).

Champions League: 7 groups of 4 teams. Top two from each group qualify + top two third place teams. Tie breakers: 1) League Points 2) FPL Points scored during the six-week group stage period (all hits deducted) 3) Overall rank at conclusion of the six-week group stage period
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: