blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:56:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Newborns and Newform
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newborns and Newform  (Read 79443 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2017, 08:20:50 AM »

Thought, since I'm off the online poker grind for a little while I'd chronicle
The next few months as I attempt to bring up a newborn and keep two step kids at bay
During the last few weeks of the summer holiday while also trying to make the next few months
Wages solely on horses and the occasional greyhound and some theory of how it works.
Hopefully it might be a help to up and coming dads or people looking to make some money
Punting.

Will do a post on the last few days later when mum and baby
Are napping.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 08:52:15 AM »

So Percy Jacob Trigg was born on Thursday morning weighing in at 7lb 13.
Via C-section. This is not something that me of his mum vick wanted however he
Was in breach (not head down) a few weeks before the due date so we were told
We were booked in for a planned section. On the day of the section however another scan
Told us he was in the normal position and would we like to revert back to a natural pregnancy.

We were both a little upset at the idea of going back home and playing the waiting game
Knowing that he could move back to breach position any time. Also we had arranged childcare for
The next 4 days and nights which wasn't easy so we decided to go ahead with the section.

The screen was up so The first thing I heard was the doctors saying hello and then as soon as he cried
We were both gushing with tears. One of the doctors was named mrs Panicka which set the tone for our
First few nights with little Percy. C-section baby's tend to have a lot of mucus as it doesn't get squeezed out as it would
During a vaginal birth. Percy had a lot and we were both very worried about him choking if we drifted off
Which lead us both to be quite sleep deprived and very grumpy with each other (I've been on a pull out bed and not been home et either)

It took one straight talking midwife to tell us that he would just get rid of the mucus on his own accord for us to get a wink of sleep.

It's an amazing feeling holding your son/daughter and knowing that you're their everything and view versa.

I have two step kids that I've taken care of for over 2 years now and I have a great bond with them. However I've no experience with
Newborns so I'm still learning as I go. This morning though I've bottle fed, changed a nappy and burped him all in one sitting so im getting there.

We decided on the name Percy after the horse presenting Percy won at the festival this year. We'd been through a lot of names before hand
And this was the first one we both really liked.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:53:54 AM by action man » Logged
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 09:26:45 AM »

A good few years back I started doing my own horse ratings and did pretty well. I had no discipline back then
And it was a long process of going through the form and I was making much more from poker so kinda gave it up.
Been doing a lot of ratings and form work the past month or so now and got a nice catalogue of horses
That I think are coming to the boil or based on form/run of the race etc that I've placed on a tracker so I'll be betting these
In the next few weeks. Just one today 2.15 pontefract ginbar 15/8. I think the last run finishing a length and a bit behind may remain
Was a good run. May remain by mayson would have loved the softer ground and went on to be 5/10 in a group 3 next time (also on soft)
With the 3rd at Nottingham winning next time out I think we've very strong claims in this race getting 6lbs off the Johnston horse.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 09:43:25 AM »

A lovely surprise to wake up to this, thanks Rick.

So strange to see you go all soft & soppy, but it's just great.

Vick is your partner, Percy is the NKOTB, what are the names & ages of the other 2 kids?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 09:43:57 AM »

You still playing much/any poker these days?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 09:48:28 AM »

Trigg was always a bit left-field with his apparel, & this was my all-time favourite Trigg get-up. Paul Parker would call this coat crucial.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 09:52:06 AM »

Pretty sure that photo above was taken almost 9 long years ago.

Some right rogues & vagabonds in that Final;

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=30821

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 10:19:20 AM »

Good luck with Percy.

Month 1 is going to be pretty dreadful.  After the first 3 it is going to get better.  Try and go really easy on the poker.  MTTs are hard to play with a kid bawling and tired mums aren't very forgiving.  Give her loads of support.  Just say yes to any help offered.  Breaks are like golddust right now. 

Young kids are great regardless of all the above.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »

A lovely surprise to wake up to this, thanks Rick.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »

Trigg was always a bit left-field with his apparel, & this was my all-time favourite Trigg get-up. Paul Parker would call this coat crucial.

My favourite is the old silver shorts snap.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 11:11:35 AM »

Before I met vick I couldn't imagine 'taking on' (don't like this term) 2 kids as I was still a kid myself. But she was the
Only girl I've ever met that I wanted to spend a lot of time with. We started dating in April 2015 and I met her kids about 3 months later
And instantly fell in love with them. Freddie is 5 (6 in September) and I got on right away and are the best friends. He's got mild autism and
He's got certain character traits that take a lot of TLC, he's also a huge blade as all Vicks family are but I'll let that slide. Evie is 4 (5 in October)
And I've certainly had to work for her affection but I've got it now and she's a joy to be around.

I'm still playing a lot of poker (as of last week) solely online. There's no way on earth I'd be travelling about
Away for days while vick is pregnant and having to do the school runs on her own etc. I'm happy to just play online.
Online started off badly this year although I believe it was the strongest I'd ever played and from April-last week the results
Have arrived. During this time off I'll be doing some strong poker study on pio. I'm not planning to play a poker session at all for at least
A month although I'll know when the time is right. The current time is the time I appreciate the flexibility poker gives you the most as I'll see loads
More of F E and P than I would doing a 9-5.

I've had some fashion disasters in my time. Even at school I thought it would be cool to shave one sideburn and leave the other
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 12:08:34 PM »

It must be a Sheffield thing as I recall Fraser having a coat similar to that in black.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 02:19:26 PM »

Won't be giving up on that horse yet, hated the course couldn't get the lead and the they went
Off too quickly to my naked eye, maybe wants a little more cut. Be interesting to see its handicap mark
Anything between 75-80 would be a nice mark imo
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 07:38:39 PM »

Trying to squeeze in on page one....

Congratulations on the new addition Trigg Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »

those silver shorts are the definition of beauty!

grats on the little one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: