blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:16:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The 49 & 1 Mayweather McGregor banter thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 49 & 1 Mayweather McGregor banter thread  (Read 28761 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »

Does anyone know anyone they respect as a judge who has backed the Irishman?  I have asked loads of people and no one has said they have, or too embarrassed to admit it!

No not one. Not one person in the boxing fraternity thinks he has a prayer either.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 04:37:49 PM »

Who's laying the £300k on bf at 1.25ish? Can it all be McGregor backers at the much bigger prices greening up?

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »

Tad racist the advert no?

In a vacum, yes, much less so in this charade. Conor's "dance for me boy" can't be too politically correct either.

Any publicity is good publicity. When a "reporter" picks it up and runs it for the Mail tomorrow they'll get it everywhere that they paid up early and "punters won" it is a little risqué

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 08:07:40 PM »

Who's laying the £300k on bf at 1.25ish? Can it all be McGregor backers at the much bigger prices greening up?

McG backers at much bigger prices would be backing Money at 1.25 to green up not laying it.  That doesn't explain the huge amount of cash laying money at 1.25.  It is just sheer weight of mug cash.  Star sports tweeted yesterday they laid £60k at 7/2 on the Irishman.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:09:53 PM by arbboy » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »

I thought I saw on Twitter today that PP have already paid out on Mayweather.

If that is true are they still taking bets?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 08:17:29 PM »

They paid out on singles placed before today, Wednesday.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 08:17:46 PM »

No idea if they are still taking bets on him but they have certainly paid out on Mayweather - see the post near the foot of page 1 on this thread.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 08:18:58 PM »

Small print.  Any bets prior to Tues.  Highly unlikely they laid many serious lumps on a short priced fav weeks in advance when every shrewdie was waiting for money's price to drift further.  More cheap PR from the Irish PR wizard.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 08:54:08 PM »

Jesus, I'd love it if I had backed Mayweather with them. I'd just put it all back on, including the winnings!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 08:56:21 PM »

Jesus, I'd love it if I had backed Mayweather with them. I'd just put it all back on, including the winnings!

At a bigger price than you backed it as well with probably 25% extra on top!
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 09:58:08 PM »

£250k paid out according to the Express.

I wasn't going to back Mayweather until nearer the fight but he seems to be shortening everywhere so I took some of the last 1.29 available at Skybet. They must be desperate to lay because I could back four figures when I'm normally limited to win £50.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »

I wasn't going to back Mayweather until nearer the fight but he seems to be shortening everywhere so I took some of the last 1.29 available at Skybet. They must be desperate to lay because I could back four figures when I'm normally limited to win £50.

I'm tempted to join you and shoot it all now.
So how do we see the fight going? Surely McGregor can't last 12 rounds? Surely? Might he just do a "No mas" and quit in his chair after the 7th or something? Are people going for the KO/TKO or just the win?? If he quits, that's a TKO, right?
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 10:11:47 PM »

I'm tempted to join you and shoot it all now.
So how do we see the fight going? Surely McGregor can't last 12 rounds? Surely? Might he just do a "No mas" and quit in his chair after the 7th or something? Are people going for the KO/TKO or just the win?? If he quits, that's a TKO, right?

Intrigued by that too.

I'm not a boxing fan. But doesn't Mayweather avoid everything and throw few punches. Obviously McGregor can take a punch too. To me it seems it'll be going the distance
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:42:40 PM by Cavey007 » Logged

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 10:21:38 PM »

Betway opened 2/5 McGregor to weigh in heaviest. Chopped to 1/7 which is still a huge price although obviously no one can get on. Mayweather has never come in heavier than 151 when fighting at 154 whereas McGregor will be bang on the limit.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2017, 01:22:46 AM »

Cant imagine McGregor wont make the weight, he was fighting at 145 2 years ago and is fighting at 155 now.  He walks around at 165ish so Id guess hes at least under that just now.  When he was making 145 he looked like death at the weigh ins so even if he has left it late Id still think he can just punish himself and make the weight.  Its all about the money for McGregor, dont see him wanting to give any of that away over not making weight.

The bigger Connor is, it will impact on his speed and endurance but increase his power and durability, will help his already very good chin so theres pro's and cons.

Id love McGregor to win, LOVE IT!!! however as much as Im not a boxing fan Im realistic enough to know how unlikely it is.  Personally I think FM plays it safe and will look to just comfortably win the rounds and not take any damage so most of the time I think he wins and comfortable and clear decision.  Not sure FM has the power to KO CM but maybe an accumulation of blows could force a stoppage later in the fight.  Majority of the time is FM by decision IMO

CM's chances to win are that he is bigger/stronger and has some power so he has a punchers chance.  The only real chance of that is if he catches FM randomly and can hurt him enough to follow up.  Also in CM's favour is that FM is older and passed his peak, apparently hasnt been training hard and might take it too lightly that CM can catch him.  CM also possibly in his head like he was with Aldo.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: