blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The 49 & 1 Mayweather McGregor banter thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 49 & 1 Mayweather McGregor banter thread  (Read 28212 times)
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2017, 06:15:12 AM »

McGregor will be 20lbs heavier than Floyd when it comes to the fight. Might be the biggest guy Floyd has ever fought.

This is a bigger weight difference than when McGregor fought Diaz the first time.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2017, 07:20:42 AM »

McGregor will be 20lbs heavier than Floyd when it comes to the fight. Might be the biggest guy Floyd has ever fought.

This is a bigger weight difference than when McGregor fought Diaz the first time.

Canelo would have been a similar size.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2017, 07:25:39 AM »

I thought weighins were moved back to a few days before the fight specifically to prevent boxers from fighting while dehydrated (which I think is majorly -EV for their brains)

They moved them from the day of the fight to the day before.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »

Back out to 1.27
Dacorb

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2017, 10:15:41 AM »

Canelo would have been a similar size.

I was thinking De La Hoya too?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2017, 11:19:48 AM »

Really getting sick of the 'this will be one of the biggest upsets in sporting history' lines being rolled out.  He is the same price as kings v aces in a poker game or a standard top 4 EPL side at home to a bottom half side not winning.  It will hardly be a shock if he wins.  If Man City (they are 1/4) don't beat Bournemouth in a couple of hours will that also be one of the biggest upsets in sporting history?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2017, 11:26:55 AM »

Really getting sick of the 'this will be one of the biggest upsets in sporting history' lines being rolled out.  He is the same price as kings v aces in a poker game or a standard top 4 EPL side at home to a bottom half side not winning.  It will hardly be a shock if he wins.  If Man City (they are 1/4) don't beat Bournemouth in a couple of hours will that also be one of the biggest upsets in sporting history?

Surely that price represents the amount lumped on him rather than his real actual chance of winning? 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2017, 11:33:52 AM »

Really getting sick of the 'this will be one of the biggest upsets in sporting history' lines being rolled out.  He is the same price as kings v aces in a poker game or a standard top 4 EPL side at home to a bottom half side not winning.  It will hardly be a shock if he wins.  If Man City (they are 1/4) don't beat Bournemouth in a couple of hours will that also be one of the biggest upsets in sporting history?

Surely that price represents the amount lumped on him rather than his real actual chance of winning?  

Yes but based on some of the figures of total money bet by bookies on Mayweather (one book quoted 82% of the total stakes bet were on Mayweather) their books would appear to be more balanced than what they are making out otherwise the figures don't stack up.  All good old fashioned bookmaker PR to get the casuals betting the 'wrong one' at the prices.

Whatever the prices a retired out of action for 2 years 40 year old getting beat on his comeback is never going to be close to 'one of the biggest shocks in sporting history' if he does go south.

TBE is also a comedy joke.  He isn't close to being the best ever!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:48:57 AM by arbboy » Logged
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2017, 11:41:44 AM »

Well in that case I'll give hills some more action by having a punt on McGregor to be docked a point at 4.5. I'm thinking Conor will barely land a punch in the first few rounds and have to resort to fighting dirty in a bid to unsettle Mayweather, or cut his eye and make a win by a stoppage more likely. Why wouldn't he go for low blows too-he'll never win on points...

What McGregor said face to face at the weigh in:

"I'm going to make you beg me... I'm going to make you beg me to follow those rules in there. Know that."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2017, 12:45:28 PM »

Biggest shock in sporting history is well and truly alive!  1-0 Bournemouth.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2017, 04:55:23 PM »

Floyd said he's betting on himself, and he will reveal how much after the fight.

He's a fuckin' aftertimer, too  Cheesy

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2017, 06:03:22 PM »

I have a few quid on Mayweather KOs in 5, 6 and 7.

Everyone banging on about him not having a KO in years, but that's against elite boxers. I think he'll land loads of clean punches and it'll be too much.

Joke fight though
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »

Conor must have had one of those Cuban heels he used to look bigger than Floyd in the build-up in his undies to look bigger at the weigh-in too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2017, 07:34:32 PM »

Might be a joke of a fight...but it's no joke of a betting market!

Fascinating stuff.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2017, 07:36:29 PM »

Conor must have had one of those Cuban heels he used to look bigger than Floyd in the build-up in his undies to look bigger at the weigh-in too.

I'd have a semi if I was getting $1m for my first boxing match, nevermind $100m

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: