blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:55:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  “ Robs Yongs latest blog on what happened in Vegas with Leon and Matt “
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: “ Robs Yongs latest blog on what happened in Vegas with Leon and Matt “  (Read 16773 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2017, 06:54:43 PM »

I'm curious as to whether Matt's backers who vetoed the deal the following day actually okayed the loans during the game.

I mean in you are backing Matt Kirk you obviously love a big gamble, why the hell not lend him $3m!

I guess Matt might now be in makeup having failed to collect the other $2Milly  Roll Eyes

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 10:21:18 PM »

Matt Kirk is not the type of guy to give a fuck about taking money from him drunk, his worries were entirely about if he's getting paid or not, agreeing to the $1m HU match (as rob says rough equity split) is a good gesture, why on earth the "backers" thought it was a good idea to cancel that after Matt made the agreement is beyond me frankly. Matt could just have said at the start I want the $3m no deals You could have run sick and cleaned me out and I paid you the day before full monies, and obviously that's totally fine, cancelling the deal though with someone as hot headed as Leon was a pretty brutal mistake and unless there is more to it, really, really stupid.

Leon, though, a million times out of order, obviously.

I'm obviously missing something here Dave. Can you point out where Leon is out of order for me please?

You are missing something Tom Smiley

Leon agreed to pay $2m and a $1m HU match, decent spot for him. After the fucking about, I don't know why Matt fucked about like that telling no deal after getting leon out of bed hungover and shaking on it, surely anyone with an ounce of social intelligence would have realised that was a really stupid thing to do. 

Leon 100% owes $2m cash, no doubt there whatsoever. IMO what he should have done is paid $2m and said you got 4 days to play me HU for the other $1m, or actually tbh after the threats of lawyers etc I wouldn't actually have thought that bad of Leon if he said, here's the $2m now go f**k yourself for the other $1m if you hadn't of been such a dick since with lawyers etc i'd have played HU for the other milly. Matt gets done out of about $525k~ equity or something which for how badly he handled a delicate situation I think would have been a decent result for him.

So what you're missing is the fact when Leon made a "deal" to pay $2m cash and paid $1m - that's where he's out of line.

But initially Leon agreed to pay "Whatever he owed" and Rob advised Matt that he thought Leon would pay, then Matt offered the deal, then he renaged.

The older I get, the better I was.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2017, 09:27:35 AM »

But initially Leon agreed to pay "Whatever he owed" and Rob advised Matt that he thought Leon would pay, then Matt offered the deal, then he renaged.

Yep, understand that, but he owes $2m and paid $1m, you seem to be suggesting that because Matt agreed a deal then changed his mind Leon is justified in slashing the debt in half?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2017, 09:29:21 AM »

I'm curious as to whether Matt's backers who vetoed the deal the following day actually okayed the loans during the game.

I mean in you are backing Matt Kirk you obviously love a big gamble, why the hell not lend him $3m!

I guess Matt might now be in makeup having failed to collect the other $2Milly  Roll Eyes

I imagine it's not backers like you think just guys who take pieces of him in these big spots he gets in, like $3m HU swings vs Leon for example

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2017, 09:53:15 AM »

Yep, understand that, but he owes $2m and paid $1m, you seem to be suggesting that because Matt agreed a deal then changed his mind Leon is justified in slashing the debt in half?

Isn't it $3m total that he was owed of which he got $1m?   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2017, 10:24:27 AM »

That's not quite what I'm saying.

I think Matt should stick to the deal and so should Leon.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »

Agree, once the deal of $2m + a $1m headsup was made then they should both stick to it, but in answer to your question...

I'm obviously missing something here Dave. Can you point out where Leon is out of order for me please?

Neither of them stuck to the deal, so that's where Leon is out of order.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2017, 11:12:43 AM »

Agree, once the deal of $2m + a $1m headsup was made then they should both stick to it, but in answer to your question...

Neither of them stuck to the deal, so that's where Leon is out of order.

Fair comment, it just seemed to me that Leon was getting all the stick while Matt was getting sympathy.

In truth, what Matt did by welching first was to give Leon an excuse to do some welching of his own.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2017, 12:39:31 PM »

Hmm i'm not sure if Kirk was actually welching, he basically settled for $2m cash + ~$550k equity and then reneged on the deal, which I think is more very poor form rather than welching - Leon had agreed to pay $2m and only paid $1m which is the perfect definition of welching.

What a horribly handled situation lol what on earth was Matt thinking.

He goes from getting $3m in cash to getting $2m in cash, to getting $1m in cash, to spending most of his $1m on lawyers, to getting counter sued for $10m. Reminds me a story my Dad always loves telling about my Mum in Morocco when she was at the market and negotiated the price of a scarf from £15 to £20 by not understanding the money Cheesy

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2017, 12:01:42 AM »

Ahhh. From reading some stuff on 2p2 actually makes 100% sense for the mystery backer to be Bobby Baldwin.

Explains to sudden aggressive change from "I'll pay you it" to "$1m gfy for the rest" and why he made a big deal of MK being staked...and why he's naming Aria in his lawsuit.

Hmmmmmmmm

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2017, 08:52:58 AM »

Ahhh. From reading some stuff on 2p2 actually makes 100% sense for the mystery backer to be Bobby Baldwin.

Explains to sudden aggressive change from "I'll pay you it" to "$1m gfy for the rest" and why he made a big deal of MK being staked...and why he's naming Aria in his lawsuit.

Hmmmmmmmm

Oops, I thought he was one of the Baldwin brothers when i read the 2p2 thread!

A lot of it makes more sense now I know who he is.

Still probably think that he should have paid the $2m originally agreed and just sat that is what we shook on by the pool.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2017, 11:53:46 AM »

Does it actually have anything to do with us ?
What these high rollers do / get up to ?
Does anybody think they read this ? / even care ?
It certainly happens at much lower levels we’ve all been knocked for a bit of dollar here n there n learnt ?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2017, 12:01:16 PM »

It certainly happens at much lower levels we’ve all been knocked for a bit of dollar here n there n learnt ?

Nope, but people like to speculate over a good grim  Cheesy
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2017, 12:24:40 PM »

Nope, but people like to speculate over a good grim  Cheesy

Ye me too lol 😝
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2017, 01:23:41 PM »

how often does something this exciting happen Tony? Get involved mate lets start some wild speculation Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: