blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:53:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The world cup
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The world cup  (Read 55245 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2018, 04:16:15 PM »

I dont follow football but as Tikay says seems a joke u gotta try to lose to make winning easier  Cheesy
Cant they re draw teams after each round, like FA Cup?

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2018, 04:22:06 PM »

I dont follow football but as Tikay says seems a joke u gotta try to lose to make winning easier  Cheesy

If, say, a team deliberately lost or got players booked in a Premier League game, to gain advantage, there'd be hell to pay, & quite right too.

Shame really, seems to have been an excellent World Cup in most respects.

I'm not sure Southgate will buy into this nonsense - we shall see shortly. Big Sam, however, would be all over it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2018, 04:59:43 PM »

If England win Group G, they face Japan and go to the Brazil side of the draw

if England finish second, they will face Colombia and go to the 'easier' side. Probably a flip v colombia though?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2018, 05:09:44 PM »

I dont follow football but as Tikay says seems a joke u gotta try to lose to make winning easier  Cheesy

If, say, a team deliberately lost or got players booked in a Premier League game, to gain advantage, there'd be hell to pay, & quite right too.

I'm not sure Southgate will buy into this nonsense - we shall see shortly. Big Sam, however, would be all over it.

Surely Southgate would be more likely to have studied the permutations?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2018, 05:10:41 PM »

Much more likely, yes, but - imo - less likely to game the system.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »

If England win Group G, they face Japan and go to the Brazil side of the draw

if England finish second, they will face Colombia and go to the 'easier' side. Probably a flip v colombia though?

I'd be very disappointed if we lost to the Columbia side I just watched. I'd actually rather face them or Japan than Senegal. For me I'd prefer Japan, given our recent record of winning any knockout game at all, then Mexico or Brazil. We did well against Brazil in a friendly (I know It doesn't count for much other than confidence)

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2018, 06:11:47 PM »

Shows what I know - England make 8 changes. Belgium go one better with 9 changes.

Farcical really. (FIFA, not the teams).

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2018, 06:22:42 PM »

Shows what I know - England make 8 changes. Belgium go one better with 9 changes.

Farcical really. (FIFA, not the teams).

I think the system is fine, it’s kinda freakish to end up with this imbalance but it’s kind of interesting and has presented decent (some fortuitous) spots for us to bet on. I’m OK with it.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2018, 06:24:20 PM »

Optimal strategy - play absolute all out attack, not much defence - risk losing - as losing has big consolations, but if we do win, try to get big confidence boosting one rather than scraped.?

If we’re drawing, also remember get a few bookings. Shirts off after goal etc.

or simply see where Colombia finish and look to avoid them?

or just win and don't try to game it?

Do it the hard way and smash everyone!

Surprised to see a Brexiteer choosing to make things harder than they need to be.   

Or we could lack a set of balls and be all doom and gloom like a remainer! 

It sounds good but being really sh1t at football relative to their likely opponents might cause a problem or two.

Pussy......

come on, debate sensibly don't just resort to crap. Extremely tiresome to see it from you in thread after thread

Ignore my posts then.....

I can't, sadly, I moderate the forum

I am asking you to post without trying to wind up people with other views to yours

just because they have a different view does not mean they are a pussy or a snowflake or lack a set of balls

less confrontational please

this is not the first time this has been requested either

Ok I will, but what are you going to do the next time people are being called thicko’s/dumb or whatever on the politics thread? If you dont do something about that when that happens its hardly reasonable to expect people to turn the other cheek is it?

Surely ‘simpleton’ is the preferred nomenclature?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »

Belgium manager Roberto Martinez: "We want to perform well but the priority is not to win."

Let me just sit down for a minute....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2018, 06:33:19 PM »

Belgium manager Roberto Martinez: "We want to perform well but the priority is not to win."

What? He really said that?

Say it ain't so.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2018, 06:34:04 PM »

Will make for some interesting betting markets, for sure.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2018, 06:34:16 PM »

Has it been confirmed he really said that ? Pretty hard to separate that statement from match fixing however 'pragmatic' it may appear

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2018, 06:37:12 PM »

What if it's a draw?

England v Belgium (19:00 BST)

The top two positions will then be decided by the number of cards accumulated. England have two yellows and Belgium have picked up three.

If both teams finish with the same number of bookings, then lots will be drawn to decide the final positions.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2018, 06:37:59 PM »

Could be a ? 5/2 England looks even tastier. Certainly a first, betting a team knowing the market dramatically overestimates them, good times :-)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: