blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 92885 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: February 11, 2023, 04:02:30 PM »

Dart gets through round 1 of 3 qualifying for Doha, Only has to get past the world number 19 to get into the 3rd round.
Looks like the main event has a strong field.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 24, 2023, 05:12:56 PM »

WOW Andy Murray, saved 2 match points on his serve then came back from 40-0 and 3 match points to square match at 5-5 before winning the tie break to make final in Doha

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2023, 05:18:05 PM »

Harriet Dart has fallen behind Burrage and Watson in the live rankings

Djokovic has had to withdraw from Indian wells due to still not being allowed into the USA.

Edmunds was on list with a PR but has had to withdraw too

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 14, 2023, 01:18:41 PM »

Can't quite believe how well Raducanu has been playing.  Backed against her last night as it was close to evens each one, but she deserved the win.  would love to watch Raducanu/Swiatek and Draper/Alcatraz, but both in the middle of the night.

Nottingham Open tickets went on general sale today, so think most of the other non Wimbledon tickets will be on sale now or soon, so grab some decent tickets whilst you can. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 24, 2023, 01:45:21 PM »

Emma out of the top 100 in the live rankings Burrage catching her, Rest of the GB women are looking like needing a good grass court season to stay in the top 200

Drapers pull out of Madrid

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 24, 2023, 04:22:50 PM »

Emma out of the top 100 in the live rankings Burrage catching her, Rest of the GB women are looking like needing a good grass court season to stay in the top 200

Burrage has just got through the first qualifiers in Madrid, but she'd have to get to round 4 to get past Raducanu?  Think Raducanu is likely to have enough to get in round 1 of the French Open too, where as Burrage may need a few more points?  Raducanu has Swiatek in round 2 of Madrid, and that clearly isn't great news.  She could definitely do with an easier passage in something soon.

I wouldn't worry too much of the rest, Swan, Dart and Boulter should be fine, as they have all been steadily improving, Watson is the major doubt, though she did ok in an ITF the other day so still has some fight in her.  Miyazaki is already top 200, and Kartal will be there in no time. 

I noticed Hannah Klugman has stepped out of Juniors too, and she is supposed to be a future star too.

I read at the weekend that they were thinking of banning the top 30 from WTA250s. Not sure what the point is, it just makes them less appealing for spectators and it wasn't like they were overloaded with top players anyway.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 24, 2023, 05:38:27 PM »

I read at the weekend that they were thinking of banning the top 30 from WTA250s. Not sure what the point is, it just makes them less appealing for spectators and it wasn't like they were overloaded with top players anyway.

this would be such a bad idea

your ranked 30th in world and cant compete meanwhile 31/32/33/34 all can and you then find yourself outside the top 32 seeded players for a 1000 or slam. Or your coming off an injury and need some match practice

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 24, 2023, 07:40:20 PM »

this would be such a bad idea

your ranked 30th in world and cant compete meanwhile 31/32/33/34 all can and you then find yourself outside the top 32 seeded players for a 1000 or slam. Or your coming off an injury and need some match practice

Just saw this, doesn't seem like anybody thinks it is a good idea.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tennis/comments/12tz2bs/wta_planning_to_ban_top_30_players_from_playing/

Wonder what will happen to Birmingham and Nottingham next year?  They could lose both and the grass court season is proper screwed?  Don't think this is good for UK tennis.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 26, 2023, 08:05:31 AM »

Burrage has just got through the first qualifiers in Madrid, but she'd have to get to round 4 to get past Raducanu?  Think Raducanu is likely to have enough to get in round 1 of the French Open too, where as Burrage may need a few more points?  Raducanu has Swiatek in round 2 of Madrid, and that clearly isn't great news.  She could definitely do with an easier passage in something soon.

I wouldn't worry too much of the rest, Swan, Dart and Boulter should be fine, as they have all been steadily improving, Watson is the major doubt, though she did ok in an ITF the other day so still has some fight in her.  Miyazaki is already top 200, and Kartal will be there in no time. 

I noticed Hannah Klugman has stepped out of Juniors too, and she is supposed to be a future star too.

To add to this, just realised that the Rome entries are out and Raducanu scraped in before her ranking dropped (she was 68 at the time), so think she'll be ok for a while.  Her ranking will rise again in the grass court season as the surface should favour her and she will have no points to defend as she was first round in Nottingham and Wimbledon didn't count last year. 

She is favourite today but Swiatek is barely beatable on clay.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 26, 2023, 01:31:35 PM »

To add to this, just realised that the Rome entries are out and Raducanu scraped in before her ranking dropped (she was 68 at the time), so think she'll be ok for a while.  Her ranking will rise again in the grass court season as the surface should favour her and she will have no points to defend as she was first round in Nottingham and Wimbledon didn't count last year. 

She is favourite today but Swiatek is barely beatable on clay.

She has pulled out in Madrid with a hand injury.  Guess she has more chance of decent ranking points in Rome, so if she was going to miss only one, this is the one to miss.  Swiatek round 1 in Rome is currently 1.01. Smiley

Ronan1001
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 28, 2023, 09:02:18 AM »

Just saw this, doesn't seem like anybody thinks it is a good idea.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tennis/comments/12tz2bs/wta_planning_to_ban_top_30_players_from_playing/

Wonder what will happen to Birmingham and Nottingham next year?  They could lose both and the grass court season is proper screwed?  Don't think this is good for UK tennis.

They just want money. And they probably have the right to demand it. Figuratively speaking, they have two aces in this situation - . But let's see what happens.    

Tomáš Petera head organizator of WTA 500 in Ostrava just said that in 2024 there will be major change in tournaments. He said that top 30 will not be able to play WTA 250! And those tournaments will have to upgrade their licence which is super expensive so we may lost them.
https://twitter.com/broken_necklace/status/1649363872757829633?s=20
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 09:04:10 AM by Ronan1001 » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 03, 2023, 05:55:17 PM »

Emma out of the whole summer calendar after surgery on both hands and an ankle

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 03, 2023, 06:08:38 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/65469123

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 06:10:23 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 03, 2023, 06:45:56 PM »

One hit wonder Tony?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 03, 2023, 06:57:28 PM »

One hit wonder Tony?

As if I'd ever say such a thing...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: