blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89887 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 23, 2022, 02:16:56 PM »

Do you know where she is going next?  Assume she plays Romania again and then maybe Czech Republic?    Assume she isn't trekking to Mexico

no idea where anyone is playing next, first i ever see is when the live ranking page adds them on the saturday/sunday then i know the draws are on the ATP/WTP pages

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 23, 2022, 04:20:49 PM »

Looks like she is playing the Czech republic.

https://www.wtatennis.com/news/2785830/swiatek-rybakina-raducanu-azarenka-headline-ostrava-entry-list

Also can see the Romanians are promoting her playing there.  Makes more sense than going out to Mexico etc.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 24, 2022, 12:50:17 AM »

Lots of grown men crying there... Even got me going, and I'm not a big tennis fan Cheesy

Shame they couldn't pull it off.

GG, Fed!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 24, 2022, 09:28:11 AM »

Sad that for Raducanu.  She looked like she was winning that before the issues started.  Think all very promising if the issue is only temporary.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 06, 2022, 08:02:33 AM »

I don't know if anyone noticed but Katie Swan made it to the semi fomal of the WTA in Chennai.  It was a pretty soft field for a 250, but this is still her best result.  I thought she might give up the game a couple of years ago as she seemed to be struggling with the tour, but that result puts her above Watson, Boulter and Burrage.  She had been in decent form before this winning a 60k not long ago too.   She is still young so could still get quite a bit higher. 

I did mean to watch it after dinner, but she had retired before I saw a shot.  She looked pretty decent in the quarter final, but probably not at the level Raducanu and Dart can play.   3rd in the UK looks about right. 

Don't know what to make of the Davis Cup.  I queried picking Murray at the time, and it looks a bad selection now.  Though having said that, all games looked close barring one of Norrie's.

Guess we could get smashed up in the Billie Jean Cup, but think we have a few players who could outplay their rankings this time. 

yeah watched Katie all week, (keep eye on all Brits on Amazon as mum loves watching them rather than the big names) was looking forward to the game last night and even though she was 3-0 down she looked like she was competing having break points in both service games against her..

Billie Jean Cup i am hoping they pick the team of Barnett and Nicholls been watching them a bit this year since when they were still outside the top ~200 and was a good win the week before the USA

think they will go with Dart Watson in the doubles or might even put Emma in there but i think putting in a made team who are both ranked in the top 80 would be a good move.

I don't see any reason to pick Watson.  She is bang out of form/confidence and refused to play last time.  Think just let he get her game back before picking her again.  I'd rather pick Boulter as she has played so well in the past, but don't think you can pick her ahead of Dart or Raducanu, and you'd have to pick Swan on current form. 

Would be tempted to pick a settled doubles team, though Dart plays quite a bit of doubles.   Don't think you can put Raducanu in with her though, as you wouldn't want her to play too many games with the blisters issue she seems to keep getting, and Swan isn't playing many doubles games now either.  Also watched Dart/Random get beat in doubles by Barnett/Nicholls not long ago so think that shows we don't have a need to force a doubles pairing with Dart.
 Think I'd go Raducanu, Dart, Swan and Barnett/Nicholls.

Think it is good to have all this competition, with Burrage and Kartal on the borders too. 

Don't know when it is announced, but guess we don't have long to wait. 

totally agree

Dart is likely a better doubles player than either Barnett or Nicholls but they play together week in week out

Watson and Dart are playing doubles together in Tunisia.  Presumably this is in preparation for the Billie Jean cup?   Nicholls and Barnett are playing in Ostrava at a higher level though.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 06, 2022, 01:32:28 PM »

I don't know if anyone noticed but Katie Swan made it to the semi fomal of the WTA in Chennai.  It was a pretty soft field for a 250, but this is still her best result.  I thought she might give up the game a couple of years ago as she seemed to be struggling with the tour, but that result puts her above Watson, Boulter and Burrage.  She had been in decent form before this winning a 60k not long ago too.   She is still young so could still get quite a bit higher. 

I did mean to watch it after dinner, but she had retired before I saw a shot.  She looked pretty decent in the quarter final, but probably not at the level Raducanu and Dart can play.   3rd in the UK looks about right. 

Don't know what to make of the Davis Cup.  I queried picking Murray at the time, and it looks a bad selection now.  Though having said that, all games looked close barring one of Norrie's.

Guess we could get smashed up in the Billie Jean Cup, but think we have a few players who could outplay their rankings this time. 

yeah watched Katie all week, (keep eye on all Brits on Amazon as mum loves watching them rather than the big names) was looking forward to the game last night and even though she was 3-0 down she looked like she was competing having break points in both service games against her..

Billie Jean Cup i am hoping they pick the team of Barnett and Nicholls been watching them a bit this year since when they were still outside the top ~200 and was a good win the week before the USA

think they will go with Dart Watson in the doubles or might even put Emma in there but i think putting in a made team who are both ranked in the top 80 would be a good move.

I don't see any reason to pick Watson.  She is bang out of form/confidence and refused to play last time.  Think just let he get her game back before picking her again.  I'd rather pick Boulter as she has played so well in the past, but don't think you can pick her ahead of Dart or Raducanu, and you'd have to pick Swan on current form. 

Would be tempted to pick a settled doubles team, though Dart plays quite a bit of doubles.   Don't think you can put Raducanu in with her though, as you wouldn't want her to play too many games with the blisters issue she seems to keep getting, and Swan isn't playing many doubles games now either.  Also watched Dart/Random get beat in doubles by Barnett/Nicholls not long ago so think that shows we don't have a need to force a doubles pairing with Dart.
 Think I'd go Raducanu, Dart, Swan and Barnett/Nicholls.

Think it is good to have all this competition, with Burrage and Kartal on the borders too. 

Don't know when it is announced, but guess we don't have long to wait. 

totally agree

Dart is likely a better doubles player than either Barnett or Nicholls but they play together week in week out

Watson and Dart are playing doubles together in Tunisia.  Presumably this is in preparation for the Billie Jean cup?   Nicholls and Barnett are playing in Ostrava at a higher level though.

yeah was watching them, dart and watson looked ok last night but Barnett Nichols are facing much toucher opponents,

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 06, 2022, 05:33:23 PM »

team is announced on Monday, I don't think Barnett and Nichols did enough today to get picked ahead of Dart and Watson but i hope i am wrong

Raducanu has wrist injury and has pulled out of Romania next week

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 06, 2022, 06:03:55 PM »

Just found this gives you the low down on who has entered which events and even a schedule so you can find out where players are planning to go

https://www.dartsrankings.com/tennis/schedules/

women's site is still a work in progress it looks like

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 09, 2022, 01:19:56 PM »

Katie Swan is on a bit of a run

she won the W60 in lexington then made the semi in the 250 in chennai where she had to pull out injured (i was shocked she even started after her QF) then won another W60 today
so her only defeat since wimbledon was the Semi she retired injured. Needs more more good performance before end of season to get straight into the Aus open

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 09, 2022, 09:55:08 PM »

she won the W60 in lexington then made the semi in the 250 in chennai where she had to pull out injured (i was shocked she even started after her QF) then won another W60 today
so her only defeat since wimbledon was the Semi she retired injured. Needs more more good performance before end of season to get straight into the Aus open

Yeah, have been keeping an eye on her.  She has been on quite a run, despite barely playing.  Think she'll have to win at least something at this level again to get in.  I don't know what points she'll lose by the end of the year though, though can't see it been many (haven't checked).  

Edit.  Just checked and it isn't as good as expected.  She loses 65 by the end of October as she is carrying some from 2019 and loses 65 more in November.  Think it will be a tough ask in the circumstances.  https://tennistonic.com/stats-players/wta/32631/Katie-Swan/live-rankings/

FWIW There is another W60 in Trnava next week which she is entered in.  Hard to go back to back though, even if in form.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 10:12:41 PM by Doobs » Logged

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 10, 2022, 04:39:54 PM »

Emma captain, with Dart, Watson and Boulter and a 5th player to be named in coming weeks.

Bit Disappointed but not surprised Watson is there her form is terrible

I imagine not it will be Burrage or Swan that takes the 5th spot

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/63200402

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 10, 2022, 05:03:40 PM »

Emma captain, with Dart, Watson and Boulter and a 5th player to be named in coming weeks.

That is a bit disappointing; she refused last time and her form is terrible.  Guess she might get a lift from being part of the team, and it feels like she just needs someone to remind her she can play at this level. 

Would have taken Swan if we are ruling out the doubles pair, but she must have issues as she hasn't played much this year.  So it might be a choice between Burrage and Kartal?  Kartal was in form last time, but Burrage is now, so you change?  Whoever it is is unlikely to play unless it is Swan?

Think you'd pick 2 from 3 in singles (Boulter gets in above Watson on form and past displays?) and Dart/Watson doubles seems obvious, even if I don't like it. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 10, 2022, 05:38:41 PM »

That is a bit disappointing; she refused last time and her form is terrible.  Guess she might get a lift from being part of the team, and it feels like she just needs someone to remind her she can play at this level. 

Would have taken Swan if we are ruling out the doubles pair, but she must have issues as she hasn't played much this year.  So it might be a choice between Burrage and Kartal?  Kartal was in form last time, but Burrage is now, so you change?  Whoever it is is unlikely to play unless it is Swan?

Think you'd pick 2 from 3 in singles (Boulter gets in above Watson on form and past displays?) and Dart/Watson doubles seems obvious, even if I don't like it. 

Dart/Watson is obvious choice for doubles but are you really playing Dart singles and Doubles same day 3 times ? Cant really get Emma playing doubles as keeping her fit is much better option

Boulter has no ranking points in doubles so i assume she doesn't play that so think the options is Boulter singles Dart/Watson doubles

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 11, 2022, 12:27:23 PM »

Yeah, have been keeping an eye on her.  She has been on quite a run, despite barely playing.  Think she'll have to win at least something at this level again to get in.  I don't know what points she'll lose by the end of the year though, though can't see it been many (haven't checked). 

Edit.  Just checked and it isn't as good as expected.  She loses 65 by the end of October as she is carrying some from 2019 and loses 65 more in November.  Think it will be a tough ask in the circumstances.  https://tennistonic.com/stats-players/wta/32631/Katie-Swan/live-rankings/

FWIW There is another W60 in Trnava next week which she is entered in.  Hard to go back to back though, even if in form.

looks like she has pulled out of this week

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 19, 2022, 09:45:23 AM »

The ITF free stream is in operation this week for the W60 in Glasgow.  Lots of home interest including Katie Swan, Katie Boulter, Heather Watson etc.  A few up and coming Brits made it through qualifying too.

https://live.itftennis.com/en/live-streams/

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: