blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:48:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89969 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 03, 2023, 07:55:12 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/65469123

Click to see full-size image.

One hit wonder Tony?

As if I'd ever say such a thing...

She has clearly been struggling with that wrist for many months and would be some con I don't understand to fake hospital and deliberately miss Wimbledon.  Some people are just more prone to injury than others and having seen her, she doesn't seem to be lacking strength and fitness. I don't think many players could play Norrie's schedule.  For example, Draper doesn't find it easy to keep fit, but he hasn't had 5% of the stick Raducanu gets.

She is clearly the best UK female player right now, and is still young.  Strongly suspect she has made the right choice here, she couldn't go on like she was. Hope it all gets fixed and she doesn't come back as slowly and as hampered as Murray. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 04, 2023, 11:39:02 PM »

I won Court Two Wimbledon tickets for day 1 in the lottery. Know I won't be seeing Murray or Djokovic, but should be some good seeds on there. Now just fingers crossed it won't rain!

My mum is a mad Dom Thiem fan, so I kind of cheer him on a bit. Good to see him getting some form back.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 06, 2023, 10:06:18 AM »

I won Court Two Wimbledon tickets for day 1 in the lottery. Know I won't be seeing Murray or Djokovic, but should be some good seeds on there. Now just fingers crossed it won't rain!

My mum is a mad Dom Thiem fan, so I kind of cheer him on a bit. Good to see him getting some form back.

I used to like going on the first couple of days as you get to see a few Brits in action on the outside courts.  Think you'll have a good chance of seeing Dan Evans or Jack Draper there.  They may put someone like Harriet Dart or Katie Boulter out there, particularly if they draw a seed?  I don't think watching Djokovic tonk someone on Centre Court is that entertaining.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 21, 2023, 06:57:17 PM »

Saw Dan Evans play his first match back from his drugs ban at a Challenger at Loughborough Uni. On that day later on the same court playing his first ever match at Challenger level was Jack Draper. Crowd that day was about 60 people I would guess. They have both had a pretty good few years since then!

Yeah really looking forward to it. I think it is a good spot to see some good seed vs talented floater first round matches or yeah maybe Evans or Draper perhaps.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 22, 2023, 01:04:14 PM »

bit disappointing for Kartal today 6-2 5-1 up serving for the match lost next 6 games and then lost the final set 6-4

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 22, 2023, 06:26:55 PM »

bit disappointing for Kartal today 6-2 5-1 up serving for the match lost next 6 games and then lost the final set 6-4

That is disappointing.  Fran Jones has just beaten Coco Vandeweghe who seems to be following a similar trajectory as Heather Watson.  Still a long way to go to get a woman in the first round.  We'll be needing a fair few wildcards at Wimbledon this time.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 23, 2023, 12:48:40 AM »

Fran Jones had a massive jump up the rankings last month after getting to a semi of a 250 went up something like 500 spots
she must have been a sponsors wildcard entry or something
she followed that up with a final in a small event and withdrawing from a semi
so she is on a heater as they say on the poker tables

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 23, 2023, 06:52:57 AM »

Fran Jones had a massive jump up the rankings last month after getting to a semi of a 250 went up something like 500 spots
she must have been a sponsors wildcard entry or something
she followed that up with a final in a small event and withdrawing from a semi
so she is on a heater as they say on the poker tables

She was off for nearly a year so assume she is getting in on a protected ranking.  She is on a heater, but just heading back to where she was before the absence. 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 25, 2023, 01:56:35 PM »

That is disappointing.  Fran Jones has just beaten Coco Vandeweghe who seems to be following a similar trajectory as Heather Watson.  Still a long way to go to get a woman in the first round.  We'll be needing a fair few wildcards at Wimbledon this time.

Seems we have no British Women in the first round of a grand slam since the US open 2009.  Think Burrage would have been if not injured, and Raducanu definitely would have so don't know if it means much.  Good to see so many men in the top 100 right now, and hopefully we'll have somebody back in the women's top 100 after the grass season and in time for the US Open.

Fran Jones had to withdraw yesterday and everyone else seemed to lose 2-1.  Will be needing a few wild cards for the Nottingham Open too as nobody is high enough for that this year (think they are due to start announcing them soon though haven't seen any).

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 25, 2023, 05:12:34 PM »

Kyle has withdrawn from French open just before the draw seemingly Not sure if he is still within date to use his protective ranking again

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 25, 2023, 06:51:46 PM »

Kyle has withdrawn from French open just before the draw seemingly Not sure if he is still within date to use his protective ranking again

He had to drop out in the middle of an ITF game last week.  Assume he has a niggle and doesn't want to waste one of his 12 protected ranking tournaments if he isn't fit enough to compete. 

Don't know how many he has left, but guess he'll get some wild cards in the grass season too?  Even then suspect he is running out of chances before he can no longer use a protected ranking.  He definitely needs an easy draw somewhere..

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 25, 2023, 09:01:28 PM »

How long does a protected ranking last?

A player can use a protected ranking for the first nine tournaments they compete in using the Entry Protection or for up to nine months, beginning with the first tennis event that the player competes in, whichever happens first. This excludes wild cards and entries as a Direct Acceptance, should the true ranking allow this.

If a player is physically injured and does not compete in any tennis event for twelve months or longer, the entry protection shall be in effect for the first twelve singles tournaments and the first twelve doubles tournaments that the player competes in using the entry protection or for the period up to twelve months beginning with the first tennis event that the player competes in, whichever occurs first.

his first event back last year in the singles was Washington 1st of August so presuming he is good till then

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 30, 2023, 07:51:11 PM »

Cash and Patten get there French open off tomorrow great to see an all British doubles team climbing the rankings all ready alot of good men in the top 50 but they don't seem to work together as a pairing

In the women Barnett and Nichols are the only Brits involved  would be good too see them break into the top 50 in the next month or too.

a younger pair just missed out on the french, Collins and Christie hopefully they can get there ranking up to get a place at Wimbledon

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 01, 2023, 06:48:37 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/65776353

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 06, 2023, 06:20:04 PM »

This Surbiton w100 event could be interesting. The best British performer is likely to be British number one by the end of the week?  Also Isabelle Lacy won earlier and that seems a great result by a 16 year old newcomer. Don't know much about her, but If she carries on she could play herself into a wildcard in Wimbledon qualifying.

FWIW not sure what people expected with Raducanu's coach.  She has just had 3 operations and won't be playing for 6 months or so.  It seems reasonable for the relationship to end temporarily at best.  Maybe there is a chance of her restarting with Richardson given she'll be starting low again, albeit with a protected ranking? 

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: