blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:37:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 92651 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: December 08, 2022, 11:43:49 PM »

Edmunds, Norrie, Evans, Murray and Draper all accepted in the Aussie open
Only Emma in the Ladies, Dart is the first Alternate

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ronan1001
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 12, 2022, 09:24:36 AM »

OK doubles match to decide on the semi final place do you play Dart/Watson or Barnett/Nichols ?

Barnett Nichols every time Smiley. Would have said that before.

Watson immense today. 

Brilliant stuff to do this without Radacanu and from 0-2 in march one.

Amazing, i think Anne K was on a hiding to nothing i picking the doubles match if they had lost people would of been saying why not use Dart/Watson and if she picked Dart/Watson it was why not pick Barnett/Nichols
i have been fans of Barnett/Nichols seen i first seen them playing as a pair hope they can push on top 50 and beyond next season

Mr Draper put on a good display today too not before 8:30pm (gmt) tomorrow evening tomorrow for his semi.
I've watched a few of their games. Yeah, I think they have the potential to be in the top 50. But time will tell.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 01, 2023, 12:59:51 PM »

Is anyone watching the United Cup.  Managed to catch the Evans match this morning.  Was a bit brutal with some great tennis and both players suffering. We have had a few players outperforming their rankings, notably Norrie beating Nadal.  It is all early season, so not sure how meaningful it is, but can't be bad news.

Also lots of tennis overnight with Radacanu, Draper and others making their 2023 bow.  Looks like Radacanu has picked up another Czech hotpot in the draw, but it could be worse.  Will be good to see her be less injury prone this season.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 01, 2023, 01:04:49 PM »

yeah watched both ties so far been quite good the Dart match today was brutal

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 09, 2023, 11:47:03 PM »

Pretty amazing historically that Murray doesn't get in the Davis Cup despite climbing into the top 50.

Here you go Ironside, assuming Raducanu is top and Watson is behind all, what is the order of these 4 in the rankings at the year end?

Dart (90)
Boulter (120)
Burrage (127)
Swan (132).
Current rankings in brackets.

Think you'd put Dart as favourite, but it is so competitive that you could lay Dart at 2/1 and wouldn't want to lay any at 4/1?  

Does Kartal get past any of these, other than Watson?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 11:49:54 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 10, 2023, 02:23:29 PM »

Dart has the advantage in getting into draws, the other 3 could be separated by 1 good tournament. I think Watson will call it a day if she doesn't get back into top 100 by the end of Wimbledon. Cant see her having the stomach for chasing ITF events week in week out after being in the top 20. Watson, Swan and Kartal all out in 1st round of Aussie Q

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 10, 2023, 09:59:01 PM »

Dart has the advantage in getting into draws, the other 3 could be separated by 1 good tournament. I think Watson will call it a day if she doesn't get back into top 100 by the end of Wimbledon. Cant see her having the stomach for chasing ITF events week in week out after being in the top 20. Watson, Swan and Kartal all out in 1st round of Aussie Q

I was of the view that Watson was winding down, but she surprised me in the Billie Jean Cup.  Retiring after Wimbledon makes some sense, as it may well be the last time she gets a wild card to the main draw, and likely has to qualify for any other decent tournament going forward.  Surely she rocks up for 50k in the first round, and she still has the skills to win a game or two if on form.

Can still see her making an appearance in the likes of Ilkley or Nottingham where the prize money isn't too shabby.  They'll fit with going at Wimbledon.  Can't see her grinding 15s and 25s though.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 12, 2023, 10:29:43 AM »

Draws are out for the Aussie Open.

https://ausopen.com/draws#!womens-singles

Radacanu decent draw first round, Dart is likely ok facing a low seed.

Draper has got Nadal. Bad bad draw, but he definitely has chances on current form for both.  Edmund has a bad draw too Vs Sinner.

Haven't checked later rounds as at work.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 12, 2023, 11:26:04 PM »

Draper has got Nadal. Bad bad draw, but he definitely has chances on current form for both.  Edmund has a bad draw too Vs Sinner.

Raducanu will have Gauff in round 2 if she gets through. Would like to see that and Draper/Nadal but timing is unlikely to be convenient.  Can't see any hope of watching a 5 setter midweek from Australia whilst holding down a job Sad

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 13, 2023, 12:12:35 AM »

Raducanu will have Gauff in round 2 if she gets through. Would like to see that and Draper/Nadal but timing is unlikely to be convenient.  Can't see any hope of watching a 5 setter midweek from Australia whilst holding down a job Sad

yeah normally open the slam show court with the defending mens champ so likely early hours.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 14, 2023, 11:36:09 AM »

yeah normally open the slam show court with the defending mens champ so likely early hours.

https://twitter.com/AustralianOpen/status/1614095734193913856?t=fVcB-Rue0K6momXnB5bGXw&s=19

2.30 pm Aussie time. Preferable to 6am UK, so I won't be tempted to get up very early and ruin my whole week.  No point in getting up if  there is a good chance it will be over by set 3. Though if it goes past 3 sets...

Sinner/Edmund is on at midnight UK for those still up. Would love to see Edmund compete, but can't see it. Anyone have any hope?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 15, 2023, 02:33:51 PM »

https://twitter.com/AustralianOpen/status/1614095734193913856?t=fVcB-Rue0K6momXnB5bGXw&s=19

2.30 pm Aussie time. Preferable to 6am UK, so I won't be tempted to get up very early and ruin my whole week.  No point in getting up if  there is a good chance it will be over by set 3. Though if it goes past 3 sets...

Sinner/Edmund is on at midnight UK for those still up. Would love to see Edmund compete, but can't see it. Anyone have any hope?

Raducanu on at midnight, Dart 5.30ish, Cam Norrie 3.30 (and probably Draper).  Draper about 5/2, Raducanu 1/5, Edmund about 13/1.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 15, 2023, 02:57:09 PM »

i have set both eurosport channels on record and can spin through tomorrow hopefully they will show the brits

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 17, 2023, 08:18:11 AM »

Between the nfl and the tennis I am now useless for the day, I am supposed to be cooking lunch for 12

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 19, 2023, 05:34:13 PM »

i didn't expect to be watching live tennis from Australia at 5pm in the evening that was some match

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: