blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:24:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93310 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: January 22, 2024, 12:20:54 PM »

think Norrie played much better than a long time last 2 matches, but i still think he could struggle to remain seeded  for Wimbledon. Think he has points points to defend from early last season and he is much lower ranked this season which will mean less favourable draws.
Hoping he proves me wrong as i am a fan

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 22, 2024, 05:32:37 PM »

103 protective ranking is likely good enough to get her into the slams so wouldn't need the wildcards for them

She was touch and go for Australian Open, so not convinced France is a definite.  Think she obviously gets on the other two. 

Read at the weekend she is planning to play ITFs, and she will likely be able to get wildcards to many even if she doesn't get in automatically.  Thinking she probably is planning 100s not 15s.  Can't remember exactly what size they are now, but know the have changed.  Think you can do 75s and 100s now, but that won't get her seeded for US open.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 22, 2024, 05:34:40 PM »

think Norrie played much better than a long time last 2 matches, but i still think he could struggle to remain seeded  for Wimbledon. Think he has points points to defend from early last season and he is much lower ranked this season which will mean less favourable draws.
Hoping he proves me wrong as i am a fan

Saw quite a bit of it.  Played well, but fading in set 5 after early breaks, despite making the tie break.  Was expecting him to lose it, but not get beaten up so badly.  Think it is still promising.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 22, 2024, 11:50:39 PM »

We have 5 girls still in the Australian Open Juniors; 3 of which are already in the last 16.  I know that doesn't guarantee anything,, but looks like we have a bright future right now.

Unfortunately can't stay up til 4am to watch them..  Maybe will make an effort for a Klugman final.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 24, 2024, 04:43:45 PM »

looks like Barnett and Nichols have broken up both in Porto with different playing partners.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 05, 2024, 07:13:00 PM »

very good second set today by Emma, not a kind draw though Ons Jabeur will be a tough cookie

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 05, 2024, 08:36:10 PM »

very good second set today by Emma, not a kind draw though Ons Jabeur will be a tough cookie

I now think that Ons Jabeur match is going to be pretty close, certainly wouldn't take long odds on.  I wouldn't have expected that a month ago. 

Jabeur got tonked in Australia and Raducanu now playing as well as she has since the US Open.  Would definitely want to watch it, but likely stuck at work. 

Maybe top 32 by US Open isn't a stretch, though she needs to run better with draws.

Watson got through qualifying too, so maybe she is going to put last year behind her?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 06, 2024, 10:08:23 PM »

I now think that Ons Jabeur match is going to be pretty close, certainly wouldn't take long odds on.  I wouldn't have expected that a month ago. 

Jabeur got tonked in Australia and Raducanu now playing as well as she has since the US Open.  Would definitely want to watch it, but likely stuck at work. 

Maybe top 32 by US Open isn't a stretch, though she needs to run better with draws.

Watson got through qualifying too, so maybe she is going to put last year behind her?

So Raducanu is slight odds on vs Jabeur, so guess she isn't going to be a value proposition for some time?  She has got that bad stat where she hasn't beaten a top 10 player yet (think she has beaten 11 and 12).  Obviously an ideal time to play Jabeur.

As a reward for a decent win, Watson has a very good draw in the next round playing a lucky loser.  Also got lucky yesterday as she was due to play a bang in form Ostapenko, who then dropped out. 

Dart also won in Romania and gets top 100 if she wins in the next round.

Murray didn't.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 10, 2024, 09:32:18 PM »

So Watson is now  closing in on top 40 for Doubles and in the final of the 500 tomorrow, She still hasn't got a regular partner.
With a decent regular partner she could be getting main draw entries into the 1000s  but her singles ranking isn't good enough to get her into the quailies
i am hoping she can get  the points quickly or just throw herself into the doubles.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 11, 2024, 09:11:37 PM »

Skysports tennis (408) is live with red button option for court choice not sure if it will have replay option

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 13, 2024, 11:00:19 AM »

https://live.itftennis.com/en/live-streams/ Klugman has a WC entry and is also playing with Barnett in the doubles this week.
Watson has interestingly just entered the singles.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 16, 2024, 08:52:48 AM »

Norris's got 500 points to defend next week if he plays anything like last night he could slip outside the top 32

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 19, 2024, 12:56:54 PM »

Edmund has a wildcard into a Challenger in France this week. He is back up to around 400 right now. Still not good enough to get into the main draw of most Challengers, but on the way
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 19, 2024, 01:21:09 PM »

Edmund has a wildcard into a Challenger in France this week. He is back up to around 400 right now. Still not good enough to get into the main draw of most Challengers, but on the way

yeah i watched him in nottingham and glasgow last 2 weeks he is nowhere near the standard of top 100 ATM

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 01, 2024, 09:38:52 PM »

Still think Norrie unseeded  for Wimbledon
But Jack and Katie have great chance of being in top 32

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: