blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:59:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93303 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 03, 2024, 09:32:28 AM »

Stayed up and watched Boulter last night. Her game starts at midnight, so can't see me staying up. 

She is playing so well right now, really putting some tonk on it. I don't know what she did in the off season, but seems to have made a step change to her game.

Top 32 seems inevitable now, even if she doesn't win tonight, as she hasn't got many points to defend for the next couple of months. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 03, 2024, 02:19:32 PM »

I am in hospital currently and possibly for a couple of weeks so missing all the late night stuff but she's looked good this season

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 03, 2024, 06:02:07 PM »

I am in hospital currently and possibly for a couple of weeks so missing all the late night stuff but she's looked good this season
Sad to hear it, hope you get out soon. 

Missing some great tennis.  I was thinking that Raducanu would get the British number 1 spot back when fit, but would be backing Boulter to be number 1 at the end of the year with an even bet. 

Bookies have Raducanu shorter than Boulter for Wimbledon which seems wrong too. It is only 3 months off, Boulter is in the form of her life, and though Raducanu has shown flashes of her old game, it still seems a bit of an ask for her to be at her peak by then.  Boulter seems to be 90% to be seeded, Raducanu maybe 10/20%?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 04, 2024, 10:20:06 AM »

Missing some great tennis.  I was thinking that Raducanu would get the British number 1 spot back when fit, but would be backing Boulter to be number 1 at the end of the year with an even bet. 

Bookies have Raducanu shorter than Boulter for Wimbledon which seems wrong too. It is only 3 months off, Boulter is in the form of her life, and though Raducanu has shown flashes of her old game, it still seems a bit of an ask for her to be at her peak by then.  Boulter seems to be 90% to be seeded, Raducanu maybe 10/20%?

I did attempt to stay up last night, but got to 11.50 and they moved the start time to 1.30am and that wasn't ever going to happen.  I watched the highlights this morning and was still hitting big forehands.  There have been a lot of double faults, but that might just be a symptom of a more aggressive game plan?

Anyway, she is now seeded for Indian Wells, and a seed must be near guaranteed for Wimbledon and the French Open.  I think I said here or elsewhere a couple of years ago that I thought she could get top 50, but wasn't sure about top 32.  It is a big step up in quality at Indian Wells, but top 20 must be a strong possibility with very few ranking points to lose.  Wouldn't rule out top 10 now.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 04, 2024, 08:46:26 PM »

Not seen anything of last night's game unfortunately  I seen the doubles before it hadn't even started at 11pm.
Watson is out in qualifying interesting to see if she's in the doubles

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 06, 2024, 12:38:51 PM »

I did attempt to stay up last night, but got to 11.50 and they moved the start time to 1.30am and that wasn't ever going to happen.  I watched the highlights this morning and was still hitting big forehands.  There have been a lot of double faults, but that might just be a symptom of a more aggressive game plan?

Anyway, she is now seeded for Indian Wells, and a seed must be near guaranteed for Wimbledon and the French Open.  I think I said here or elsewhere a couple of years ago that I thought she could get top 50, but wasn't sure about top 32.  It is a big step up in quality at Indian Wells, but top 20 must be a strong possibility with very few ranking points to lose.  Wouldn't rule out top 10 now.

Turns out Boulter isn't seeded for Indian Wells, so has a pretty crappy draw.  I was originally thinking she wouldn't be seeded as it was too late, but saw someone say she would be as it was decided on the 4th.  It was decided on the 4th, but they ignore the win which makes little sense.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 06, 2024, 01:10:07 PM »

I dint see burrage in the draw

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 06, 2024, 03:12:55 PM »

I dint see burrage in the draw

Injured and back in uk.  Saw her watching Boulter earlier in the week.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 03:14:41 PM by Doobs » Logged

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 24, 2024, 09:17:51 AM »

Boulter and Andy have winnable next couple of matches to take them to SF and QF respectively, Cameron has a tough one tonight though.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 25, 2024, 11:24:59 AM »

Boulter and Andy have winnable next couple of matches to take them to SF and QF respectively, Cameron has a tough one tonight though.

Did you watch the Murray match last night.  Looked like he was going to win in the final tie break.

Boulter's form looks so good right now, and has another winnable match tonight after beating Haddad Maia again at the weekend.  Supposed to be playing at 6 tonight.  Will be interesting to see how she  does against Rybakina if she can get that far.  She is odds against tonight, so still some way to go. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 25, 2024, 04:10:59 PM »

i thought it was Murray's match right until he got broke in the 12th game of the 2nd set, then he looked down and out for a few games.
When he broke back and then got it to 5-5 he pulled up with what looked like a nasty injury thought it was a career ender at first (as this is last few months of career)
Missed Norrie's match and saw the score before i got round to watching it so didn't bother watching

Looking forward to Boulter's match i think it will be around 7pm she is ranked and seeded 2 places higher and is in form will be good to see if experience will justify the odds
but i am tempted by the 6/5

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 25, 2024, 05:48:19 PM »

i thought it was Murray's match right until he got broke in the 12th game of the 2nd set, then he looked down and out for a few games.
When he broke back and then got it to 5-5 he pulled up with what looked like a nasty injury thought it was a career ender at first (as this is last few months of career)
Missed Norrie's match and saw the score before i got round to watching it so didn't bother watching

Looking forward to Boulter's match i think it will be around 7pm she is ranked and seeded 2 places higher and is in form will be good to see if experience will justify the odds

I took 2.4 and it is currently 2.56 on Betfair.  Those bookies who keep banning me are on to something...   Or on something?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 25, 2024, 06:02:31 PM »

I took 2.4 and it is currently 2.56 on Betfair.  Those bookies who keep banning me are on to something...   Or on something?

yeah i am tempted but i hate betting on brits

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 26, 2024, 07:34:02 AM »

Murray's  injury is a bad one, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/68661714

Out for an extended period

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile