blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:43:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  VARargh
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VARargh  (Read 11960 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 08:33:44 PM »

Cricket, rugby union, rugby league, NFL - you can hear either the officials or the video ref or both. What do they say to each other in football that demands secrecy?

There urgently needs to be some way to keep the crowd in the ground informed too.

Think that is the one area it can improve, the 3rd umpire in cricket, NFL and RL adds to the excitement where admittedly the current VAR system doesn't. At the end of the day the right decisions are being made tho so when they get around to fine tuning it it will be a great addition to the sport imo.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 03:04:06 PM »

*waits for the half time whistle to blow and players to leave the pitch till going for refreshments*

"There's your pie and bovril, mate. So what was all that noise about?"

"You missed a penalty".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43795556
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 03:20:34 PM »

*waits for the half time whistle to blow and players to leave the pitch till going for refreshments*

"There's your pie and bovril, mate. So what was all that noise about?"

"You missed a penalty".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43795556

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2018, 02:39:08 PM »

VAR enhancing this World Cup imo, quick, efficient and getting the close decisions right. A big help to the refs.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2018, 02:42:53 PM »

VAR enhancing this World Cup imo, quick, efficient and getting the close decisions right. A big help to the refs.

I agree. Deffo right to overturn the Brazil pen.

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 03:10:05 PM »

Ha, just posted the same in the WC thread - i'm coming round fast

sola virtus nobilitat
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2018, 05:55:03 PM »

Totally agree

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 10:41:26 PM »

Also think it adds to the drama - that suspense when the ref is reviewing...loving it!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2018, 08:57:01 AM »

Hasn't the ref overruled the original decision every time he's gone to look at the monitor?

The sweat is watching a man hold his finger to an earpiece which could be improved upon.

If it reduces diving in the box a la Neymar, which I think it will, I'm all for it.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2018, 09:04:05 AM »

why do we think the VAR guys in the lobby are doing nothing about wrestling in the box?

Kane?

Mitrovic last night?

this seems the one "blind spot" of a system that is working well

by the by, it also has betting impolications

no 0-0s yet, more penalties given.

friend of mine had a stray tenner on no 0-0's in the tournament at 40-1. Is beginning to get excited. He says he anticipated that VAR would lead to more pens!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2018, 10:34:00 AM »

I used to scowl at tv when players waved an imaginary red card to the ref after incidents.

Now though, players are surrounding the ref and drawing an imaginary tv screen with their fingers. Pretty com.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2018, 12:06:37 PM »

I took a look at the penalty markets on bet365 out of interest. I don't know what they were before but you can get 7/4 on a penalty being awarded in each of the upcoming games. i think there's been 12 in the 20 game sample so far. I assume the prices post-VAR have adjusted though.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2018, 12:54:16 PM »

I took a look at the penalty markets on bet365 out of interest. I don't know what they were before but you can get 7/4 on a penalty being awarded in each of the upcoming games. i think there's been 12 in the 20 game sample so far. I assume the prices post-VAR have adjusted though.

I believe it was usually anywhere from 4 to 6/1 depending on teams. So they e been cut quite significantly

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2018, 09:04:23 PM »

Going to be fun In the knockout stages when the stakes go up. Chaos tonight with VAR

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2018, 09:10:08 PM »

Also think it adds to the drama - that suspense when the ref is reviewing...loving it!

The BBC's attitude towards Var is disgraceful. Lawrenson is bad enough but the end of the Portugal game there is embarrassing from the studio guests too.

The commentator in the Spain game actually said after Spain's disallowed goal which was correctly overturned to get them a point 'it will be sad if a game like this is decided by a VAR decision'. That's exactly what VAR was brought in to do you idiot. The goal was disallowed, was a fair goal and was then given as a goal after VAR was used. That's perfect and it decided the result correctly. Why would that be 'sad' in any way

In the Portugal game the Penalty given after consulting VAR is rightly ridiculed and the entire panel tell us how ridiculous the VAR system is. But the VAR system didn't award the penalty, after using the system the ref gave a penalty which was never ever a penalty. So the ref made a mistake after consulting the VAR system. That is a refereeing mistake.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: