blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 102069 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 21, 2018, 12:51:20 AM »

One thing that stood out from last weekends pre season games is how badly the new hit rules affected the penalty counts. Saw 2 players interviewed that both said they really didn’t have any idea how they were supposed to tackle players without drawing flags some of the time and not others. So they were just going to carry in and accept some will get called and in other spots won’t get called. The Minny game was crazy tbh.

They just felt it was a lottery given the D players will get called far more for pens. Might be time to allow for these new rules when betting totals coz going to be a lot of 10 and 15 yard pens flying around possibly leading to more scoring chances.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: August 22, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »

One thing that stood out from last weekends pre season games is how badly the new hit rules affected the penalty counts. Saw 2 players interviewed that both said they really didn’t have any idea how they were supposed to tackle players without drawing flags some of the time and not others. So they were just going to carry in and accept some will get called and in other spots won’t get called. The Minny game was crazy tbh.

They just felt it was a lottery given the D players will get called far more for pens. Might be time to allow for these new rules when betting totals coz going to be a lot of 10 and 15 yard pens flying around possibly leading to more scoring chances.

Fezzik mentioned this on the Ross Tucker Even money pod this last week, he said that from week 1 to 2 the average totals were up by 2pts (iirc), in part probably due to the fact that drives will be maintained due to the rule. Definitely one to keep an eye on when the season starts, and possibly the referees as I'm sure there will be some groups who are most strict on the rule than others.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2018, 06:24:15 PM »

Fezzik mentioned this on the Ross Tucker Even money pod this last week, he said that from week 1 to 2 the average totals were up by 2pts (iirc), in part probably due to the fact that drives will be maintained due to the rule. Definitely one to keep an eye on when the season starts, and possibly the referees as I'm sure there will be some groups who are most strict on the rule than others.

It's a first draft but I love this rule.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000933867/Al-Riveron-explains-the-new-lowering-of-helmet-rule

Will be mistakes but I expect it to lead to safer tackling and better behaviour on both sides.

Refs have been harsh in preseason but that's the point: gets the players to understand it can be a penalty. Better that than being soft then harsh.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: August 24, 2018, 10:01:33 PM »

OK.

Request-a-bet round up is on my site now.

Some of note for you boys. If you've got active William Hill and Redzonesports accounts. Jarvis Landry receiving yards. o/u 1050.5 on William Hill, o/u 850.5 on Redzone. That's a huge middle. - And same, to a lesser extent o/u 2.5 Cordarelle Patterson TDs on the same 2 sites.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 24, 2018, 10:20:04 PM »

OK.

Some of note for you boys. If you've got active William Hill and Redzonesports accounts. Jarvis Landry receiving yards. o/u 1050.5 on William Hill, o/u 850.5 on Redzone. That's a huge middle. - And same, to a lesser extent o/u 2.5 Cordarelle Patterson TDs on the same 2 sites.

FWIW, Numberfire has Landry at 920 yards.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 24, 2018, 10:24:06 PM »

Just had a quick scan.

Def take the under on Saquon rushing TDs at 8.5, even at 5/6. Would think 6.5 a better line. No guarantee he has the team that'll help him get upfield often enough to be getting 9 or 10 scores on the ground.

Broncos most sacks at 16/1?

Burkhead 9 total TDs at 5/2 is a lovely bet. Will be the main running back for the pats and a reliable pass catcher.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:28:48 PM by Tal » Logged

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: August 24, 2018, 10:28:05 PM »

OK.

FWIW, Numberfire has Landry at 920 yards.

I requested it at Redzone hoping to go u1000 so that's about where I think it should be at.

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: August 24, 2018, 10:31:03 PM »

Just had a quick scan.

Def take the under on Saquon rushing TDs at 8.5, even at 5/6. Would think 6.5 a better line. No guarantee he has the team that'll help him get upfield often enough to be getting 9 or 10 scores on the ground.

Burkhead 9 total TDs at 5/2 is a lovely bet. Will be the main running back for the pats and a reliable pass catcher.

Where's the Burkhead bet? He was touted today as their main guy, as you say. I would worry about health, but that's good odds for him

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 24, 2018, 10:34:44 PM »

Just had a quick scan.

Where's the Burkhead bet? He was touted today as their main guy, as you say. I would worry about health, but that's good odds for him

Request a bet team specials. Pats.

Yes. Being rested.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2018, 01:10:07 AM »

Marqise Lee injury looked pretty bad there.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: August 28, 2018, 09:04:04 PM »

Bengals locking down their guys, Dunlap and Atkins both signing contracts today, Dunlap contracted till 2021, Atkins till 2022, add them to Lawson, Willis, Billings. Future is sorted on the pass rush front in Cinci!

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: August 28, 2018, 10:50:28 PM »

Finally got through my AFC previews, about 2,000 words on each division so far, not sure how I'm going to fit the NFC previews in before game time!

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 28, 2018, 10:51:24 PM »

Finally got through my AFC previews, about 2,000 words on each division so far, not sure how I'm going to fit the NFC previews in before game time!
where can we read.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: August 28, 2018, 10:59:35 PM »

where can we read.

Link in my signature mate Smiley

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 28, 2018, 11:04:00 PM »

CHEERS.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: