blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:49:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 101403 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: March 20, 2020, 11:12:25 AM »

Is the Draft still scheduled to take place in Vegas? Was supposed to be 23rd - 25th April, but Vegas is pretty much shut down currently.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 20, 2020, 11:48:31 AM »

Yep, released. $20m dead money on the cap and they still owe him $7.5m in roster bonuses, which reduces to $5m if he signs elsewhere.

I'm fully expecting him to be joining TB12 at the Bucs very soon.

That is if his knee isnt fully arthritic and hes done.

wow.. swallowed $20 mil in cap.. they must know his knee is pretty much done then

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 20, 2020, 12:57:08 PM »

Yep, released. $20m dead money on the cap and they still owe him $7.5m in roster bonuses, which reduces to $5m if he signs elsewhere.

I'm fully expecting him to be joining TB12 at the Bucs very soon.

That is if his knee isnt fully arthritic and hes done.

Back to Atlanta, where he played college football for UGA. Money yet to be confirmed, but just a one year deal.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #678 on: April 12, 2020, 05:21:04 PM »

Had a first proper look at the WR draft markets today

http://touchdowntips.com/2020/04/12/nfl-wr-draft-props-first-look/

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 21, 2020, 09:29:49 PM »

Well, things just got interesting. ChipRich and LeKnave will be dancing in our Dynasty Fantasy League.

Buccaneers send 4th round pick to Patriots for 7th round pick and TE Rob Gronkowski. Gronk officially unretires to play with TB12.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 22, 2020, 02:29:05 PM »

That’s a really good bit of work isn’t it, an off season dart throw that hit bullseye. And I was hoping to trade a TE to them too. :-(

Anyone got any draft thoughts or done a mock draft?

Are you still entering those mock draft comps Tighty?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 22, 2020, 04:00:53 PM »

I haven't had time this year

I also haven't written it up for any sites

Normally a group think descends on the journalist/analytical/team scout communities as everyone gets so many sights of the prospects at combine, face to face interivews, pro days, team workouts but this year I think a lot of it is unpredictable as recent contacts with players face to face or in action have been non existent

So i think what the teams think is very tought this year. Beyond the can't miss prospects (Burrow, Young etc) i think there will be a lot of "wow he has been taken high" or "how did he slip so far?" in the aftermath, purely because the group think hasn't got nmoulded into shape

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 22, 2020, 04:16:36 PM »

I agree with you Rich, think it makes it quite a bit more exciting too. Almost impossible to mock correctly when you have say 4 OT that could go in the top 11 or so picks when there seems to be very little between at least the 3 best ones.  The scale for where the 2nd tier WR’s will go is huge too, just so many good ones. A friend and I mocked it up individually earlier in the week and he had an OT in the top 20 I didn’t have in my 1st round. A WR in the top 25 I didn’t even consider. Conversely I had players in there that he didn’t have too. There’s probably up to 45 players that could end up first round picks?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 22, 2020, 05:44:05 PM »

I agree with you Rich, think it makes it quite a bit more exciting too. Almost impossible to mock correctly when you have say 4 OT that could go in the top 11 or so picks when there seems to be very little between at least the 3 best ones.  The scale for where the 2nd tier WR’s will go is huge too, just so many good ones. A friend and I mocked it up individually earlier in the week and he had an OT in the top 20 I didn’t have in my 1st round. A WR in the top 25 I didn’t even consider. Conversely I had players in there that he didn’t have too. There’s probably up to 45 players that could end up first round picks?

I'd take the over on 45 to be honest. 50-55 is where I'd put it. It's nuts in comparison to normal years.

The variance is also that a lot of teams' scouts haven't had the groupthink chance they normally get at pro days, where they can assess players together and have dinner or go to bars with other scouts. Some will nearly be flying blind, in their own little war room bubble on Thursday night, without the intel on who other teams like and don't.

If anything, that could have an effect on trades: teams might jump higher up out of caution.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: April 23, 2020, 08:47:28 AM »

Definitely has been tougher this year, I've landed on a few I'm fairly confident in though.

Andrew Thomas top 10 (u10.5) seems like it'll happen, CeeDee Lamb is around evens to be first WR, there's a lot of talk recently about Jeudys knee injury and the Lamb hype has been building. The TE class seems to stink, Cole Kmet o41.5 on PP (45.5 elsewhere) seems good, even Trautman to be the first TE off the board is tempting at bigger odds.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 23, 2020, 10:38:12 AM »

Definitely has been tougher this year, I've landed on a few I'm fairly confident in though.

Andrew Thomas top 10 (u10.5) seems like it'll happen, CeeDee Lamb is around evens to be first WR, there's a lot of talk recently about Jeudys knee injury and the Lamb hype has been building. The TE class seems to stink, Cole Kmet o41.5 on PP (45.5 elsewhere) seems good, even Trautman to be the first TE off the board is tempting at bigger odds.

My gut tells me the Jeudy knee thing is nonsense. He had minor surgery on a meniscus trim. Never missed a practice at Alabama. Can't believe he's anything other than fine. Makes me more inclined to think someone is trying to lower his value to get him.

Thomas is the best guy in the class for teams who want to win this year or who want to protect a rookie or young QB this year. Natural left tackle and technically excellent. Mockers seem to think Wirfs and Wills are ahead of him.

Tight end class is poor, but Kmet could be anything from 25 to 50. Trautman at 6/1 plus is ok. Concern with betting over 41.5 is more teams will play 12 personnel sets this year (copycat league).

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #686 on: April 23, 2020, 05:23:11 PM »

My gut tells me the Jeudy knee thing is nonsense. He had minor surgery on a meniscus trim. Never missed a practice at Alabama. Can't believe he's anything other than fine. Makes me more inclined to think someone is trying to lower his value to get him.

Thomas is the best guy in the class for teams who want to win this year or who want to protect a rookie or young QB this year. Natural left tackle and technically excellent. Mockers seem to think Wirfs and Wills are ahead of him.

Tight end class is poor, but Kmet could be anything from 25 to 50. Trautman at 6/1 plus is ok. Concern with betting over 41.5 is more teams will play 12 personnel sets this year (copycat league).

What I didn't realise was that 's last/final mock had the Patriots drafting Kmet in the first round, also had Blacklock going to the Chiefs at 32 where I've taken him not first round. Obviously doesn't mean a loser, and I doubt the Pats would reach there for a TE with so many needs but it's a bit of a worry as he generally knows his stuff

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: April 23, 2020, 06:10:25 PM »

Can get Kmet first round at 6/1 if you believed the Jeremiah mock

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 23, 2020, 06:49:34 PM »

What I didn't realise was that 's last/final mock had the Patriots drafting Kmet in the first round, also had Blacklock going to the Chiefs at 32 where I've taken him not first round. Obviously doesn't mean a loser, and I doubt the Pats would reach there for a TE with so many needs but it's a bit of a worry as he generally knows his stuff

It would be very strange if they blinked at tight end this year instead of last year. It's not like Bill didn't have an idea of how this tight end class would look.

What I would say is it's likely the Patriots don't pick there and quite possibly try to trade out of the first round, so it is possible that the mock of them taking Kmet is really at 35, say.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 23, 2020, 06:51:19 PM »

Another two Miami rumours in the last hour:

1) they're trying to trade up to #3 because they want to make the Bengals an offer for #1.

2) they definitely don't want Tua and no one is saying they do.

I'm very tempted to bet Tua to Miami right now!

The General Manager's handling of the Miami rumour mill for deception has been a work of art.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: