blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:38:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 101872 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: April 23, 2020, 06:53:34 PM »

I’d be surprised to see Kmet drafted in the first 50 myself. Being the best of a poor bunch isnt really much of a Rec is it?

Tho I’m the guy that thinks Detroit have played this well and are going to take Tua at 3.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 23, 2020, 06:59:00 PM »

There's growing belief that Trent Williams will be traded tonight or possibly tomorrow (good luck getting a 1st Rd pick, Washington). That will make a big difference to some teams who can pick up a skill player or a defensive player instead of a tackle.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 23, 2020, 07:19:13 PM »

There must be a scenario where the top 3 OT go in the first 9 picks which leave Cleveland who need a LT and are interested in Williams looking at Bechton with pick 10 next and remembering Gordon, Manziel, Callaway  recent drug issues and don’t fancy taking the chance on Bechton. Simmons might still be there at 10 if Giants take an OT and Panthers take Brown who they need just as much as Simmons.

In that spot Cleveland might draft Simmons and then either trade up with their second pick to take a OT at the back end of round 1 or use the 2nd round pick to trade for Williams. Tbh, Simmons and Trent Williams with pick 10 and 41 would be job well done.

The issue there is you can use that 2nd round pick to move into round 1 and draft say OT Ezra Cleveland for example and get him for up to 5 years on a rookie contract rather than use that 2nd round pick on trading for a guy that’s 31, has held out for a full season and wants 20 million a year. I fancy Cleveland are trying to play down their chances of taking OT at 10 by getting themselves linked with Williams again.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 23, 2020, 07:25:58 PM »

There must be a scenario where the top 3 OT go in the first 9 picks which leave Cleveland who need a LT and are interested in Williams looking at Bechton with pick 10 next and remembering Gordon, Manziel, Callaway  recent drug issues and don’t fancy taking the chance on Bechton. Simmons might still be there at 10 if Giants take an OT and Panthers take Brown who they need just as much as Simmons.

In that spot Cleveland might draft Simmons and then either trade up with their second pick to take a OT at the back end of round 1 or use the 2nd round pick to trade for Williams. Tbh, Simmons and Trent Williams with pick 10 and 41 would be job well done.

The issue there is you can use that 2nd round pick to move into round 1 and draft say OT Ezra Cleveland for example and get him for up to 5 years on a rookie contract rather than use that 2nd round pick on trading for a guy that’s 31, has held out for a full season and wants 20 million a year. I fancy Cleveland are trying to play down their chances of taking OT at 10 by getting themselves linked with Williams again.

If that happens, Cleveland will be desperate to trade down, I'd think. Either that or they'd be shopping Beckham and drafting his replacement!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 23, 2020, 07:37:36 PM »

That’s the great thing about this draft for me Tal, Tua could go 3,4,5,6 or in the mid teens. Herbert too. Simmons could do anywhere from 4-16. Brown could go anywhere between 4 and 10. There could be 4 OT taken in the first 11 picks and its guesswork who goes to which OT needy team.

Chargers could trade up from 6 for a QB, stay put at 6 for a QB or trade down into the mid teens and still take a QB. Or they could just stick with Tyrod  Taylor for a season and not take a QB until the later rounds.

Past the first two picks I fancy it’s going to be bedlam tonight.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 23, 2020, 08:30:44 PM »

That’s the great thing about this draft for me Tal, Tua could go 3,4,5,6 or in the mid teens. Herbert too. Simmons could do anywhere from 4-16. Brown could go anywhere between 4 and 10. There could be 4 OT taken in the first 11 picks and its guesswork who goes to which OT needy team.

Chargers could trade up from 6 for a QB, stay put at 6 for a QB or trade down into the mid teens and still take a QB. Or they could just stick with Tyrod  Taylor for a season and not take a QB until the later rounds.

Past the first two picks I fancy it’s going to be bedlam tonight.

The smart teams who scout well, draft well, understand game theory, don't panic under pressure and negotiate well will excel this time round, more than ever.

A team that doesn't fit those criteria will make a gargantuan mistake and mess everything up and half the teams will moan like they're playing blackjack alongside a guy who keeps hitting 18 because he can feel a low number coming.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 24, 2020, 11:14:21 AM »

Not too many surprises

Packers was an interesting one. If Rodgers isn't retiring on a 3-4 year view why are you trading up for a Rd 1 quarterback and wasting the benefit of the quarterback on a rookie contract?

Cowboys got Lamb who no one had geting to 17, going to need to put up 40 burgers each game with problems at pass rush and cornerback, but should be exciting

I like tonight the most, two rounds of potential starters and picks that get into the meat of the draft

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 24, 2020, 11:32:48 AM »

Not too many surprises

Packers was an interesting one. If Rodgers isn't retiring on a 3-4 year view why are you trading up for a Rd 1 quarterback and wasting the benefit of the quarterback on a rookie contract?

Cowboys got Lamb who no one had geting to 17, going to need to put up 40 burgers each game with problems at pass rush and cornerback, but should be exciting

I like tonight the most, two rounds of potential starters and picks that get into the meat of the draft

5th year option on Love maybe and not confident he drops to 30? IF Rodgers goes in 3 years they still have Love for 2 more on rookie? Whereas if they dont, they have to pay him after his first year leading the offence, and how many times have we seen players perform in 1st season at the helm, then regress in year 2 ie Mayfield, Trubisky.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 24, 2020, 12:16:16 PM »

but wouldn't you have thought Rodgers would quite like a receiver there? or an immediate starter elsewhere?

Back up/successor quarterback that high up could have waited a year?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 24, 2020, 12:48:36 PM »

but wouldn't you have thought Rodgers would quite like a receiver there? or an immediate starter elsewhere?

Back up/successor quarterback that high up could have waited a year?

I agree with all your points. I think it might have been driven by LaFleur who really wants a QB, with suitable attributes, that he can teach/mould in to his system. Perhaps he saw something he particularly likes in Love?
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: April 24, 2020, 01:16:07 PM »

Would have loved to have seen Rodgers reaction to that pick after they refuse once again to give him any more offensive talent - Which is probably not a bad thing as he doesn't look for people he doesn't like anyway, so a bit of a wasted pick anyway.

Raiders with unexpected picks again, copy-cat league strikes by looking for a Tyreek/speed replacement with Ruggs 1st QB (which was touted a couple of weeks back but went away) and Arnette at CB was not the man mocked by many to them.
Falcons taking Terrell again not the expected man, but a position of need.
Raegor to the Eagles with Jefferson on the board, again, speed kills.
Jordyn Brooks, drafted in the 3rd round of the 7 round mocks I took part in, seems a reach but you can't really doubt the Seahawks.

Love the main shock of the evening of course, gives them 5 years to improve his deficiencies.

A lot went as expected early on, the 49ers with a decent draft so far and the Vikings. Dallas pick was inevitable with Lamb still on the board there, both top safeties still around they may well pick up one of them at 51 to fill that need for them.

The Bengal really should take OL (Jones more likley than Cleveland imo) but I'd love to see Mims there.

Have just posted a few thoughts on my site if you wanted to read more instead of me carrying on here

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 25, 2020, 10:33:18 AM »

Packers have had a Mare.

QB-RB-TE

WOW

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: April 26, 2020, 11:03:24 AM »

Packers have had a Mare.

QB-RB-TE

WOW

Brilliant isn't it, I've grown to hate Rodgers and the way he acts on the field, so I found it hilarious that they basically told him they don't care for him at all. Unsurprisingly they've said they want to be more run heavy, in case that wasn't obvious enough already.

Ravens and Broncos had a great draft on the surface.

I'm happy with my Bengals work, would have preferred another OL guy rather than 3 LBs but we were terrible at LB last year so can see why they went that way and apparently the late OL we took is an athletic kid who needs refining so has promise. Unfortunately for us Ravens and Browns had good drafts too.

Did well financially too, especially day one which I pretty much nailed in my preview.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 29, 2020, 03:56:44 PM »

Does anyone have links to good NFL Quiz questions.

Many thanks.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 06, 2020, 01:18:31 AM »

Goodell admitting NFL was wrong for not listening to the players about racism seems a pretty big deal.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: