blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:43:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 101827 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 25, 2019, 09:34:33 AM »

I was not sure I understood the reason for the booing, so I had a look on Twitter.

The comments following the Tweet explain it, I suppose.

Still seems wrong to me.

https://twitter.com/thEMANacho/status/1165447445100277760

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 25, 2019, 09:35:17 AM »

So what happens to those who picked Andrew Luck in their various Fantasy Leagues?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 25, 2019, 09:40:15 AM »

So what happens to those who picked Andrew Luck in their various Fantasy Leagues?

tough luck. injury variance is one thing retirement variance is more rare but still a risk

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 25, 2019, 10:14:20 AM »

The Colts failed to protect their great asset with a sturdy offensive line. He got hit. He got injured, with everything from a lacerated kidney to concussion. By the time they built a protective wall in front of him, it was too late.

Luck seems to have found the process of injury, rehab and recovery emotionally challenging. His injury process has also been the subject of intense media scrutiny for the last few years and the whole thing seems to have taken a huge toll on his mental health.

Then, when it's all got too much, and rumours circulate that he's considering leaving the sport he loves (and $50m in contractual entitlement), his own fans boo him off the field.

For a franchise that everyone believed was heading in the right direction, this is a heartbreaking event.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 25, 2019, 10:23:30 AM »

I'm still struggling with the hate, all things considered.

Here's the man himself, explaining his decision. He sounds really down about life, hopefully when he feels better, he'll.....feel better.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1165451643942572035
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:38:11 AM by tikay » Logged

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 25, 2019, 05:27:12 PM »

I'm still struggling with the hate, all things considered.

Here's the man himself, explaining his decision. He sounds really down about life, hopefully when he feels better, he'll.....feel better.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1165451643942572035

The good thing is he's only 30 and got time to get himself healthy again and enjoy the rest of his life. Terrible to see the fans booing him. Hopefully in time he will get inducted into their ring of honour and they can say a proper thank you to him instead.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 25, 2019, 05:34:16 PM »

Classy move by the Colts owners tho.

'''The Colts have reached a financial settlement with retired QB Andrew Luck.

The Colts could have recouped $24.8 million from Luck—$12.8 million from his signing bonus and another $12 million in roster bonuses—but instead the team is letting him keep it all. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the settlement was reached last week, suggesting the Colts have known Luck was retiring for some time. It's a nice gesture by the Colts and one that wasn't afforded to Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders when they retired early. Luck is leaving $58.1 million on the table by calling it quits, but said injuries had taken the joy out of playing. Twenty nine with a degree in architectural design from Stanford, we're excited see what's next for Luck now that his playing days are over'''

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 26, 2019, 03:44:19 PM »

The post game retirement interview is lump in throat viewing. He looks ill, says he is just tired of being in a cycle of being injured, rehab, being injured again and playing in pain etc. Sad to watch but kudos to him for getting out when it was getting him down. His own fans booed him off the field at the end, that feels like a perfect sign he has done the right thing tbh.

Just watched it now, and definitely tough viewing.

Like Dana White says about fighters, if you ever get to a point where you're wondering if you should carry on, that's when you should retire.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 26, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »

That’s a good analogy Mark, he did look like he realised the issue was the game and the consequences of being a competitor in it.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 26, 2019, 08:16:00 PM »

That’s a good analogy Mark, he did look like he realised the issue was the game and the consequences of being a competitor in it.

Some sports you can just potter along and pick up a paycheque. NFL is definitely not one of those. If you're not all in, it's always going to end up badly.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 27, 2019, 05:21:13 PM »

just been looking at the schedule for the up and coming season and although the sky matches haven't been decided yet the monday, thursday and late sunday games are all TV games obviously

the schedule is showing the thursday night game as Prime video (after week 3) has Sky lost the contract for thursday night?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: August 28, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »

just been looking at the schedule for the up and coming season and although the sky matches haven't been decided yet the monday, thursday and late sunday games are all TV games obviously

the schedule is showing the thursday night game as Prime video (after week 3) has Sky lost the contract for thursday night?

Pretty sure that's the states only, it should be on Sky in the UK.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 28, 2019, 10:12:08 PM »

Pretty sure that's the states only, it should be on Sky in the UK.

this is meant to be the uk tv schedule
http://www.nfl.com/schedules-uk/2019/REG4

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 29, 2019, 02:19:59 PM »

At what price do you consider backing the Colts for the South? I think 11/2 is too big.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 29, 2019, 02:31:25 PM »

It probably is, strong roster, that division is wide open

I think their projected win total fell from 9 to 7 on the news but it has the feel of 8-8+ winning the division rather than 11-5 needed

The Texans still can't protect Watson and botched the drafting of a good tackle (the Eagles jumped them and took Dillard), otherwise they would be a good thing

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: