blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:38:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Caught in the act
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Caught in the act  (Read 12534 times)
Tommo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2018, 03:12:24 PM »

Steve Smith referring to it being a decision taken by the "leadership group" rather than front it up himself as captain is pretty lily-livered imo.

It is also pretty sinister that they recruited a young player to do some of the dirty work - shades of Mohamed Amir.

+1 to this.

I feel for Bancroft a bit, yes he could of said no I am not going to do that but he is new in the test team and it would of been hard for him to say no to Smith and the 'leadership group'. How many of us at his age and standing in the team would of said no skip I am not doing that?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2018, 04:53:47 PM »

"What happened in South Africa was clearly wrong, especially given that it appears to have been premeditated" say the Rajasthan Royals

Steve Smith will no longer captain his IPL franchise this season

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2018, 05:14:33 PM »

"What happened in South Africa was clearly wrong, especially given that it appears to have been premeditated" say the Rajasthan Royals

Steve Smith will no longer captain his IPL franchise this season

Yup, cheating & skulduggery in Indian Cricket would never do.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 10:50:27 AM »

The mock outrage over this is staggering.

Compare the financial doping rangers carried out against the hole of Scottish football for a period of over 10 years and the amount of press coverage between both.

It demonstrates what is wrong with this country.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2018, 06:42:10 PM »

Compare the financial doping rangers carried out against the hole of Scottish football for a period of over 10 years and the amount of press coverage between both.

Yah, almost no one cares about Scottish fitba tbf, certainly in comparison to the numbers in the countries that would enjoy seeing the Aussie cricket team get a kick in the teeth

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2018, 10:50:28 PM »

Love the use of the "hole of Scottish football"; sums it up for the rest of us too.

Why is it mock outrage? People genuinely go nuts over the tiniest of things, why wouldn't some be angry over this.  People lost their minds over Bradley Wiggins using a TUE for instance and that wasn't even breaking the rules.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2018, 08:54:49 AM »

12month bans for Smith and warner is the gossip on twitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2018, 09:52:15 AM »

so either Lehman knew, then its a whitewash or he didn't know, in which case he's not in control of very much!

Assuming he knew nothing what does it say about him and the regard in which he was held by Smith and Warner?

meanwhile we are expected to believe the leadership group didn't contain a single bowler? Starc, Hazelwood, Lyon?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2018, 09:54:15 AM »

the statement

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 10:53:48 AM »

Steve Smith and David Warner have been banned from this year's Indian Premier League after receiving year-long suspensions from Cricket Australia over the ball-tampering scandal.

The Australian duo were set to captain the Rajastahan Royals and SunRisers Hyderabad before stepping down in the wake of the controversy.

But on Wednesday IPL chiefs announced that they would not be allowed to compete in the most lucrative cricket league in the world while banned by their own cricket body.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »

Cricket Australia suspends Smith & Warner for 12 months from international & domestic cricket; Bancroft for nine months

All three can play club cricket but will be required to undertake 100 hours of voluntary service in community cricket

My eyes are open wide
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 11:30:06 AM »

so either Lehman knew, then its a whitewash or he didn't know, in which case he's not in control of very much!

Assuming he knew nothing what does it say about him and the regard in which he was held by Smith and Warner?

meanwhile we are expected to believe the leadership group didn't contain a single bowler? Starc, Hazelwood, Lyon?

The bowler's must have known. At any reasonable level of club cricket, let alone Test cricket, the bowler's (whole team for that matter) have an obsessive relationship with the condition of the ball as it's relates to being favourable for swing. They might not have been involved in the premeditated element of it though.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 11:34:32 AM »

Cricket Australia suspends Smith & Warner for 12 months from international & domestic cricket; Bancroft for nine months

All three can play club cricket but will be required to undertake 100 hours of voluntary service in community cricket

It is an extraordinary sanction, financially it must be amongst the highest ever levied in any sport. Credit to them for taking firm action but it is really out there as a punishment. What they did is not that different from Faf du Plessis/Trescothick and their use of mints or Atherton and the dirt.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 11:37:00 AM by kukushkin88 » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2018, 11:41:58 AM »

its not too different.

What is different is that the Australians have a self-perceived sense of moral superiority in such matters (some of this is reflected in their society, can be fined for walking across an empty road at 1.30am etc) thus the severity of the punishment reflects a deterrent element to pacfiy public opinion, politicians etc

here is the full second statement just released

Warner won't be considered for a leadership role ever!

My eyes are open wide
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2018, 12:59:31 PM »

Love the use of the "hole of Scottish football"; sums it up for the rest of us too.

Why is it mock outrage? People genuinely go nuts over the tiniest of things, why wouldn't some be angry over this.  People lost their minds over Bradley Wiggins using a TUE for instance and that wasn't even breaking the rules.

You know as well as me Doobs that Wiggins is a cheat!

The mock outrage for me is a guy tried to nick an advantage it’s no different from the diving that goes on in football leagues across the world.

Taking PED’s or claiming illness to get round the rules and implications medical  pros is outright pre-meditated cheating.

Rangers robbed the tax man of millions we know of, how many more we don’t know about and this could have gone to a much needed public purse.

Other clubs impacted to which in turn causes further damage to the local community. 

Their behaviour far worse than anything the Australian cricket team or Sky Cycling done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: