blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:32:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.  (Read 51433 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2018, 10:04:22 PM »

I thought people were joking when they call you McBok. Lol.

So Tikay has really got the conversation going, the table think I’m famous in the UK for Greyhound racing, most of them have never even heard of it. You can imagine trying to explain..... “ Greeeeyhoouuund racing, whhhaaaats thaaat?”

Thanks Tikay.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2018, 10:06:59 PM »

So Tikay has really got the conversation going, the table think I’m famous in the UK for Greyhound racing, most of them have never even heard of it. You can imagine trying to explain..... “ Greeeeyhoouuund racing, whhhaaaats thaaat?”

Thanks Tikay.

They have it in the US!

Santa's Little Helper was adopted by the Simpsons from the racetrack.

Good luck, Omm. How long you out there for?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2018, 10:18:45 PM »

Thanks Tikay.

They have it in the US!

Santa's Little Helper was adopted by the Simpsons from the racetrack.

Good luck, Omm. How long you out there for?

Something silly like 8 of the 10 (number might be slightly out as doing from memory) tracks in the US are in Florida so probably not that well known.

Got here Weds and staying until next Thursday. 
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2018, 06:18:40 AM »

12 hours away from playing a WSOP event. Am I dreaming?  Day 2 trip report coming up.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2018, 01:32:48 PM »

Day 2

After my early morning walk I went back to the suite to relax before I met Marky for breakfast. 4 hours later Marky has stood me up* (first time I’ve been stood up by a man but what better place than Vegas) and I’m having lunch instead of breakfast. Gave me a chance to try Sicilian’s recommendation of Caramel Chicken, had enough to bring the rest of the portion to the Rio for dinner and well worth it I must say.

*had taxi issues for his scooter so all is forgiven, hopefully catch up with him at some point.

Next stop was the Rio for the 1pm Daily, nice table. Tikay came over as per the picture and managed to get the table talking by telling them I was famous in the UK. No need to go over his bokking skills again, lol. Finished about 100 off the money, was never really able to get a stack so survived by winning 3 or 4 AI’s but my luck was always gonna run out. $30k for 1st would have been nice.

Was feeling quite jaded/exhausted when I got back from The Rio at about 7ish but there was the little meet up of the Sky Poker Welcome Party at 8pm, was very close to not going but I thought I should at least show my face sometimes it’s all to easy to let my health have too much of a negative effect. Anyway got lost 3 times trying to find the suite, even managing to knock on some random suite which was 3321 instead of 3221 luckily no one was in so saved myself some embarrassment there. I stayed about an hour and was great to meet some fellow qualifiers, terrible at remembering names but “mate” always comes n handy (especially being from London, or Australia as three people so far have asked).

Quite a non eventful day but a thoroughly enjoyable one. It’s 4:30am here and I’m like a kid at xmas. I’m up washed and dressed and ready for breakfast at 6am at Grand Lux, really want to try pancakes. Have to be atThe Rio for a 10am start so will be getting over there early to enjoy the atmosphere. Have already bought in to the monster stack so no queuing for me. On the point of queuing I’ve noticed that there is an enormous queue for buying in to the Deep-stack in the Pavilion room, little do a lot of people know (based on the queues) that they could use the other tournament registration desk up the hallway which each time I have used it I’ve only had a few people in front of me. I feel like a Vegas Veteran already, lol.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »

....."Have to be at The Rio for a 10am start so will be getting over there early to enjoy the atmosphere....."

On which note, President Trump is visiting Vegas this morning. He is due to land at McCarron at around 10am I believe, then his motorcade will head along the Strip. It has been advised that at some point along the Strip the motorcade will briefly stop & POTUS will get out & have a general wave & meet the people sort of thing, like what Royalty do.

Police have warned of severe traffic snarl ups on the Strip during all this. It's always bad on a Saturday anyway,

So my advice would be leave earlier rather than later, & ask the driver to go to Rio via Spring Mountain Road & I-15.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:54:42 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2018, 03:00:19 PM »

....."Have to be at The Rio for a 10am start so will be getting over there early to enjoy the atmosphere....."

On which note, President Trump is visiting Vegas this morning. He is due to land at McCarron at around 10am I believe, then his motorcade will head along the Strip. It has been advised that at some point along the Strip the motorcade will briefly stop & POTUS will get out & have a general wave & meet the people sort of thing, like what Royalty do.

Police have warned of severe traffic snarl ups on the Strip during all this. It's always bad on a Saturday anyway,

So my advice would be leave earlier rather than later, & ask the driver to go to Rio via Spring Mountain Road & I-15.

Wonder where he's staying.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2018, 03:06:24 PM »

Wonder where he's staying.

Golden Nugget, or Linq, maybe?

PS - It's a flying visit, literally - in & out same day.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2018, 03:18:28 PM »

I might get over at 8am so I can start queuing at Starbucks, should just make the tournament at 10am  Grin

Thanks for the heads up.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2018, 04:53:56 PM »

GL today!

Busted the 25/25 btw. Up to 90k in level 7 (which would have been Top 10 end of day) but manage to dust it all off by level 9. Oops.

I wish you more patience...

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2018, 06:25:39 PM »

GL today!

Busted the 25/25 btw. Up to 90k in level 7 (which would have been Top 10 end of day) but manage to dust it all off by level 9. Oops.

I wish you more patience...

Unlucky and thanks. Already dodge a bullet by folding a straight with a straight flush draw against a flopped straight flush when guy treble pot the river. Spider senses are on point.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2018, 06:26:24 PM »

Brasilia Bronze 56 2
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2018, 06:51:57 PM »

Sorry about that, mate Cheesy

I didn't finish until about 1am this morning, and going back today for day 2.

Will come find you when I'm done today. You wouldn't have wanted to walk to the Sands from the Venetian, that's for sure.

Good luck today, and hopefully Tikay doesn't bok you!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2018, 06:54:14 PM »

Will come find you when I'm done today. You wouldn't have wanted to walk to the Sands from the Venetian, that's for sure.

FFS, I can't make a deep run to save my life & Marky is making a Day Two.

The world's gone bonkers.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »

FFS, I can't make a deep run to save my life & Marky is making a Day Two.

The world's gone bonkers.

Blind squirrels Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: