blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:09:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Man City V Liverpool, round 2, ding ding
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Man City V Liverpool, round 2, ding ding  (Read 5967 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2018, 03:22:31 PM »

After last week's thriller, they go again tonight in the 2nd leg.

Despite the improvement in defence thanks to van Dijk, Liverpool can't really go there to defend, whilst full on gung-ho might not be wise either.

Good attacking game from both sides with plenty of goals?

If it's half as good as last week it'll be a good watch.

Anyone care to forecast the correct score?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 03:29:07 PM »

Don't think City will be as wasteful in front of goal this time, hoping Liverpool can nick one,but think this will go right to the wire.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 03:46:13 PM »

I'm hoping for a real slug fest and that city score first.

Should be one of the great second leg ties, with an atmosphere to match.

Great game for us nuetrals, fans of both teams are going to be put through hell though

Two legged ties late stage CL ties are the test cricket of football, innit. Full of swings, nuance and drawn out tension.

3-0 up but as you say not easy to say what their best strategy is. And most reds I know are more nervous than I've ever seen them. City are that good.

Great match up, great set up, cannot wait

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »

Not looked at the exchanges, but the approx prices with the firms are:

Man City 4/9

Draw 4/1

Liverpool 11/2

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 03:53:53 PM »

I read somewhere earlier in the week that home teams facing a 3-0 deficit in a 2L  CL knock-out game have only gone through something like 5.33% of the time. I think the sample size was a 100+ games as well.

If City were somehow to pull it off and given the significance of the match it will probably be the most exciting game (after Aguero 93.20) ever seen at the Etihad. That's too much to hope for.

6-2 City Smiley

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 03:56:08 PM »

I read somewhere earlier in the week that home teams facing a 3-0 deficit in a 2L  CL knock-out game have only gone through something like 5.33% of the time. I think the sample size was a 100+ games as well.

If City were somehow to pull it off and given the significance of the match it will probably be the most exciting game (after Aguero 93.20) ever seen at the Etihad. That's too much to hope for.

6-2 City Smiley

The only sample size that matters is when the big underdog (before the two legs started) had a 3-0 lead.  Then i would suggest that the % would be higher than 5%.  When Barca/Madrid go into a second leg 3-0 up they are not getting beat every often.

4-1 City.  Liverpool through on away goals.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »

I'm hoping for a real slug fest and that city score first.

Should be one of the great second leg ties, with an atmosphere to match.

Great game for us nuetrals, fans of both teams are going to be put through hell though

Two legged ties late stage CL ties are the test cricket of football, innit. Full of swings, nuance and drawn out tension.

3-0 up but as you say not easy to say what their best strategy is. And most reds I know are more nervous than I've ever seen them. City are that good.

Great match up, great set up, cannot wait

So true. But no swing back in the 2nd half at Anfield. A 3-1 scoreline would make such a difference and I for one would then  be approaching this with more optimism.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 06:20:04 PM »

City goal in the first 10 minutes would be ideal. If they can get 2 before 20 minutes I think they'll just steamroll Liverpool. I think KDB and especially Aguero need to perform very well if City are going to progress. I do wonder about Kompany though. It was clear from the first leg he is the worst player on the ball for City and they struggled to play out through him. I think not dropping him maybe part of City's downfall. That transition needs to be quick and accurate and I don't think you get that from Kompany.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 06:47:39 PM »

City goal in the first 10 minutes would be ideal. If they can get 2 before 20 minutes I think they'll just steamroll Liverpool. I think KDB and especially Aguero need to perform very well if City are going to progress. I do wonder about Kompany though. It was clear from the first leg he is the worst player on the ball for City and they struggled to play out through him. I think not dropping him maybe part of City's downfall. That transition needs to be quick and accurate and I don't think you get that from Kompany.

No Kompany or Aguero.

Got about 17 midfielders on the pitch though Smiley

Best Bitter.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 06:56:15 PM »

Stuck in a shithole in Stockport tonight rather than my usual plush hotel in central Manchester because of this stupid game! Not a room to be had anywhere at a sensible price 
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 07:03:36 PM »

dont understand no aguero. If he is fit enough for the bench then he should be starting surely?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 07:07:24 PM »

Stuck in a shithole in Stockport tonight rather than my usual plush hotel in central Manchester because of this stupid game! Not a room to be had anywhere at a sensible price 

One less bottle of red, and get your wallet out Wink

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 07:14:37 PM »

City call Liverpool's coach welcoming party,  and raise all-in.

https://mobile.twitter.com/richardbuxton_/status/983759965625208834
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 07:18:20 PM »

No Kompany or Aguero.

Got about 17 midfielders on the pitch though Smiley

Peps not fucking about is he.

3 v 3 against The Holy Trinity

Good lad
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 07:37:20 PM »

One less bottle of red, and get your wallet out Wink

Fook that, I don’t pay for shit when I’m on the road 
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: