blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:03:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter, WSOP 2018 package, selling at 1.0
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter, WSOP 2018 package, selling at 1.0  (Read 141151 times)
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2018, 09:33:49 AM »

Nice one

Well ground
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2018, 09:41:47 AM »

Omaha hilo

Out in 25th.

Slightly brutal exit. All in with  against Volpe's very similar AJ62 and he caught

two hearts two spades to catch the crucial deuce (and then the house)

Was alot of fun, a slightly desperate hang to make it into the money, i think i made the right folds which enabled me to do so. But still gutting to exit.

Will confirm cash ASAP
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »

Well done, Stu.

Nice start to the venture. Get that momentum running.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2018, 10:01:11 AM »

Thanks so much guys. Pretty exhausted after the two ten hour days.

Some record keeping:

10k O8 cash was for $14,912

Missed events: $1,500 (plus re-entry) dealer's choice, so $3,000 of missed events
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2018, 10:16:47 AM »

Good work Stu

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2018, 02:58:51 PM »

Well done Stu nice start!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2018, 03:37:00 PM »

Well done Stu nice start!

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2018, 03:38:30 PM »

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »

Exciting read. This is how staking threads should be.

Well done on the first cash mate.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2018, 07:23:51 PM »

First of many I hope!
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2018, 07:24:28 PM »

First of many I hope! Thanks for the updates. I was following on pokernews and was glad when I read the other shorty busted!
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2018, 09:25:01 PM »

Thanks so much guys.

Today- an adrenaline come down meant I struggled to sleep, and the two 10 hour days meant I slept well when I did! So, having missed the start of the 11am $1500 NLHE and still maybe in need for a couple of hours to take stock, I think I'll just play the $1500 NL deuce to seven . Sorry about the change. We can almost definitely replace the $1500 NL with NL event(s), down the line. (I'll message people obviously if we do to see if they want in).

So, update

Cashes :$14,912

Missed events: $4500

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2018, 10:19:06 PM »

That was a lot of fun yesterday, adrenaline all the way. It was a shame to miss the 3 spots to get to circa 250k, so given my stack situation on the bubble, the strategy to hang on was pretty clear. The hand where I was up to 120k and lost a lot after raising  Two Clubs vs Gordo's blind is the close one, but I think it's right given that I can execute some kind of pot control in position. The WSOP had a fairly comical rule that on the bubble, "you cannot leave your seat, unless you leave the tournament area," which left a fairly easy loophole for people given that all three tables could be seen pretty easily from the rail! So, given the clear path to hanging on, it was both desperate and fun to sweat the bubbling eventually bursting.

Really loving the whole atmosphere of the Series, and feel very lucky to have the chance to play so many events. Today's deuce to seven is a special one, it has the real mix of everyone, including sometimes people unfamiliar with the rules. Definitely one to watch every showdown, as people will play with far bigger transparencies and holes than you would ever see in holdem.

Onwards we go.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2018, 11:21:20 PM »

That was a lot of fun yesterday, adrenaline all the way. It was a shame to miss the 3 spots to get to circa 250k, so given my stack situation on the bubble, the strategy to hang on was pretty clear. The hand where I was up to 120k and lost a lot after raising  Two Clubs vs Gordo's blind is the close one, but I think it's right given that I can execute some kind of pot control in position. The WSOP had a fairly comical rule that on the bubble, "you cannot leave your seat, unless you leave the tournament area," which left a fairly easy loophole for people given that all three tables could be seen pretty easily from the rail! So, given the clear path to hanging on, it was both desperate and fun to sweat the bubbling eventually bursting.

Really loving the whole atmosphere of the Series, and feel very lucky to have the chance to play so many events. Today's deuce to seven is a special one, it has the real mix of everyone, including sometimes people unfamiliar with the rules. Definitely one to watch every showdown, as people will play with far bigger transparencies and holes than you would ever see in holdem.

Onwards we go.

Hello Stuart

I don't think that AAT2 can be a fold anywhere.   Just a bit unlucky, cards run bad sometimes.  Imagine how dirty you'd have felt for days folding that.   $20 comp online, you'd do your stack with that hand.   There is a good chance I would anyway.    Best to just move on and gl with the next.

Congrats on the cash.  Might bump into you next week.  Hopefully at the final table of the mixed hi-lo.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2018, 11:28:31 PM »

Onwards we go.

Hello Stuart

I don't think that AAT2 can be a fold anywhere.   Just a bit unlucky, cards run bad sometimes.  Imagine how dirty you'd have felt for days folding that.   $20 comp online, you'd do your stack with that hand.   There is a good chance I would anyway.    Best to just move on and gl with the next.

Congrats on the cash.  Might bump into you next week.  Hopefully at the final table of the mixed hi-lo.

Yes I agree Doobs. Look forward to seeing you next week
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: