blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:11:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter, WSOP 2018 package, selling at 1.0
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter, WSOP 2018 package, selling at 1.0  (Read 141231 times)
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: June 10, 2018, 11:42:39 PM »

sure you must be gutted but done yourself proud. fantastic result.

very well done and good luck for rest of series.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: June 10, 2018, 11:43:07 PM »

Abs superb effort, Stu!

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: June 10, 2018, 11:44:06 PM »

hope you're not too gutted, incred result, wd mate

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 10, 2018, 11:44:34 PM »

sighs, unlucky stu great effort. Must feel gutting to get so close again to the gold but a really sick performance in a super tough field!

181 bananas as well!!!

Ronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 10, 2018, 11:45:22 PM »

sighs, unlucky stu great effort. Must feel gutting to get so close again to the gold but a really sick performance in a super tough field!

181 bananas as well!!!

Ronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

What he said!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 10, 2018, 11:59:20 PM »

Fantastic result Stuart. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 11, 2018, 12:11:11 AM »

Fantastic playing and congrats on your great run. Hope you get a few more this series too.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 11, 2018, 12:16:28 AM »

One hell of an effort Stu and a terrific sweat for all the blonde funkers.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 11, 2018, 12:18:03 AM »

Great work Stu, wpwp!

baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 11, 2018, 12:52:10 AM »

Awesome stuff to read through. Great result, hope the rest of the series provides as much excitement for you!

Feed em rice.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 11, 2018, 01:45:39 AM »

$10000 dealers choice

Well, well, well.

Most importantly, the support means everything. I have quite literally done nothing but play poker and sleep since I got here last Friday, which means that it helps even more.

Well, it should be tough to get very lucky and have alot of fun for three and bit days, finish second and yet feel gutted. This is a poker forum, however, so I guess that's not news to anyone. I came nine days ago, dreaming not of money, but of the bracelet. I came close enough that it was placed next to me, and I walked away without it. I know I'll feel better soon.

I definitely ran bad heads up. Were it as complete and pure as that, I would feel no disappointment at all. Its ridiculous to feel down on your luck Heads up, when it has overall been very much on your side.

The only regrets would ever come if feel I should have done something differently. And I'm not sure. Maybe one stud hilo regular pot. But maybe that changes everything. Oh, to be able to go again, and limp rather than raise that QJ8 hand, against Adam's Queen of spades door card.

The other big decision was the game choice. I had thought about it alot the previous three days, but still one thing hadn't occured to me. I felt like I wanted to play Holdem against Adam, but not to push tiny edges shoving and reshoving. And then it occurred to me, the forgotten game, Pot limit holdem! It's the only pointless, unused game in a brilliant mix, but it made perfect sense Heads up.

We played two hands, but by the time it came back to my choice, something else was in the air. Adam had suggested that we both pick randomly every time. That suggestion was both alot of fun, and a very serious choice for me to get right. I felt he had an edge over me specifically in heads up Stud, but hadn't realised it yet. If I had an edge, it would be in Holdem, but it wasn't sizeable. I agreed to random picks.

Our random picks led to draw games, and I lost 4 unavoidable  hands. All good. I then doubled with the high only   in PLO8, but half of my stack suffered an A5 vs AK limit holdem cooler, before I folded the turn. Stud hilo came next, and queens up won it for Adam, a fun and massively deserving winner.

The WSOP is wonderful in alot of ways, but not least that it always brings the next chance. We go again. Thanks so much guys.

The fun moments

An early bluff

I bluffed Adam in the early 27 NL hand. I drew two, he drew one, and I made a pair of fives. It's tough to bluff when you are two vs me, but I got the feeling that he may specifically bet small if he himself needed to bluff. So, I checked, planning to fold to a big bet, and check-raise bluff a small bet.

It's your choice, Sir

(Sorry I had created confusion with my 'thrown out' phrase!)

There had been history. Adam is a great guy, but a feisty character, who commentates his thoughts, on his own and other's poker. So, he had  expressed some dissatisfaction yesterday, with the Russian's speed of choice, and actual choice. When Makarov was short, his stress levels were not.

He deliberated for a while, and threw out a plaque. Stud hilo regular. He then went into a mini panic, grabbed it back and deliberated again. Cue Adam. Stress level high. I wasn't the slightest bit bothered, all part of the fun. The Russian throws a different plaque... No he doesn't, its the same one. Stud hilo regular. The dealer states the antes. Makarov panics again. He seizes them back. In my mind, this is both ridiculous, and doesn't matter at all. In Adam's mind, this is ridiculous and matters alot. Sparks fly. Makarov throws out PLO. Adam says 'ok, let's go.' But no, he takes them back again! With Adam in pieces, he soon throws out a 2-7 triple draw pot limit plaque. We play 2-7 pot limit triple draw. Makarov busts first hand.

Bruh, the dealer from New York

Poor Bruh the dealer. He's a good dealer. You can tell. It was Bruh who yesterday managed to make three mistakes in the same Badugi pot, which the Russian won against me. Whilst I am completely ambivalent to the fact that moments like that change the deck because its all part of the randomness, there was some irony in the fact that in a pot that Makarov won, the latter errors were almost definitively caused by his massive over reaction to the first. I think Bruh knew that his mistakes had changed it, and I wanted him to know that it really didn't matter; a butterfly flapping it's wings somewhere had changed everything too.

Bruh was back today, and you could tell had even more determination in his professional attitude. But, poor Bruh maybe was too determined, he fumbled my last card in 2-7 no limit. If you're a dealer, you always want a card that you fumble to be bad. Poor Bruh fumbled the deuce of spades. That should have been bad for me, but actually was the best news. I already had a deuce in my T632. My replacement card was a 7, to make a big hand. We got all in, and I doubled through Makarov. He deserves no anti-karma, he was alot of fun and did apologise yesterday. But I hope Bruh saw what had happened, and that it had all evened out in the end.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 11, 2018, 01:46:46 AM »

Class result mate, 2nd is always gutting but it's clear as day to anyone you'll be winning one pretty damn soon

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 11, 2018, 01:53:10 AM »

class. well done

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 11, 2018, 01:53:31 AM »

$10000 no limit deuce  

Took a while out, decided i felt good and entered the 10k deuce to seven.

So important to not measure it at all relative to the earlier events of the day, and instead remember that it is a big, great event.

Monnete has helped me by talking about the DC, so if everyone is now slightly more likely to assume I might play quick, there's even more reason to play steady
engy

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 11, 2018, 01:56:36 AM »

Well played stu. Really hoped you would get the bracelet. Im sure one will come.
Lovely sum up there wish there were more people like you at the tables. When you were on sky poker tv you always came across as a nice person, and reading this blog just confirms it. Gl in the rest of the series bud
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: