blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:28:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter, WSOP 2018 package, selling at 1.0
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter, WSOP 2018 package, selling at 1.0  (Read 141201 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1080 on: July 07, 2018, 08:49:41 PM »

$10000 main event

Highlight so far: Seat seven asks seat 2 "can I see your stack?" Seat three helpfully points to the stack, thinking that seat seven didn't know where it was

This made me laugh like a drain - all the best Stu
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 07, 2018, 09:07:21 PM »

$10000 Main event

Table is more interesting, the more it goes on. Lots of limps, some stacking in tens, lots of classic conversations.

So, praying to not break and to run good. And it's happened so far...

Hijack raises to 7k at 1-2k (lower than the average raise size at the table. I decide in big blind to defend  and it comes

He moves 40k into 17,400 with pocket threes, and we hold

114k first break

If I did get the AK hand wrong , I am now very lucky. Although the weighing in I did that surviving with 40k chips at this table could be worth alot, is at least looking like the one weighting that I did get right.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 07, 2018, 09:22:49 PM »

What was river in AK hand?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 07, 2018, 10:12:58 PM »

$10000 Main event

Wow, the prayer for run good and some more unusual play continues to be answered.

204k.

This one was run good far more than the unusual play.

I have 100k with on button, cut-off raises to 5k. Absolutely right to play flops, so I just call.

He turns out to have .

Flop is  . He bets 6,500, I call.

Turn is . He bets 20k. This is very close, whether to call, min raise, or move in. I just about decide to call; he may inflate out of his control on the river.

River is beautifully safe. . He bets 50k. I have 67k. I move in.

He absolutely snap calls, which isn't good news. But AQ was likely still to be good. And then I received the news of how well I had run with the flop cooler and river brick.

Let's go
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 07, 2018, 10:14:21 PM »

What was river in AK hand?

Whoops sorry. An insignificant
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 07, 2018, 10:42:42 PM »

$10000 Main Event

I'm out

This one is standard. An insanely puke spot but I just can't change any actions.

Seat nine is a new Norwegian. He has played massively Scandie. The previous pot, he check raised all in with a gut shot for a 180k pot on the turn, and won.

Seat one is passive and inexperienced, but hasn't seemed too inexperienced yet.  (He turns out to be more so)

During what happened, I hated the implication of every step along the way, but don't think I can change anything.

I raise UTG2. Seat six (the subject of previous posts, the most inexperienced of all) flats. Scandie makes it 20k. Seat one fairly quickly cold calls the big. Feels like it must be TT-QQ or AK, but already feeling like it is the pair.

I make it 60k. Scandie folds. From what I had seen so far, I (incorrectly) expected that if it got through the Scandie, seat one would give the long tank, speech and fold.

Seat one now super-snap calls the 60k. Wow. I guess he is more interesting than I had realised. He is playing the almost exact same starting stack as me.

Flop is Two Diamonds (I have )

He is all in within a heartbeat.

There's almost no doubt that he's pulling the move that went out of fashion in about 2007; that he has jacks or tens and was waiting for a safe flop. Oh, to have the JJ-AA that is the only other part of my range.

There's a small chance of AK, and if it is, it's more likely the diamond. But with a two to one weighting against the ace of diamonds, it feels like his rare AK holdings come to neutral EV.

To be honest, I basically have no doubt that it's TT, JJ or QQ, In which case, whether he has a diamond only makes the difference of one out.

So, I spend my four minute tank just deciding whether I want to call off 140k for a near race for 436k. I decide I have to. It would definitely be right to fold if my call was a smaller plus EV, but 50%/50% at better than 2 to 1  is just too far above EV to fold.

He does indeed have black tens. A hand that a third of my range (overpair with diamond) has crushed at one out, a third (overpair without diamond) crushed at two outs, and half of the other third (AK with diamond) at 50/50.

So horrible for circumstances to lead to a 436k race.  Ultimately, the reason is actually the Scandie sitting down and skewing the action. I guess the dream of eight passive spots before that couldn't last for ever.

We miss.

Feel crushed. It's always crushing to bust the main, but it's so gutting to have to take a 436k race at that table. I have regrets about earlier pots, but this one just played out in a disgusting way, I don't think I can make any action differently.

Thanks so much for the rail and support guys. It's been alot of fun. Busting the main for such a big spot will take some time to get over, but I'll look back on a really fun Summer, and am so thankful to the backers to have been able to play that schedule, and to everyone for their support.

Stu
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:09:24 PM by easypickings » Logged
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 07, 2018, 11:20:46 PM »

For anyone who hasn't, do send bank details whenever you like, will send straight away
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 07, 2018, 11:40:40 PM »

I'm going to miss this thread.

Thanks for sharing all of the thrills and spills Stu.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 07, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »

Brutal Sad Enjoyed the sweat and thread a lot, thanks Stu. Well done on a great summer.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 07, 2018, 11:54:51 PM »

See you Wednesday Stu for the match hopefully.  Sure you bust out on purpose with ace high because 'itssssssssssssss coming home' and you need to be home yourself to see it coming home!  

As others have said a great read this thread and will be missed.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 08, 2018, 10:24:17 AM »

Unlucky Stu.  Best thread ever thanks for posting.  I will take a slice for next year’s adventure!
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 08, 2018, 10:42:41 AM »

Unlucky Stu.  Best thread ever thanks for posting.  I will take a slice for next year’s adventure!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 08, 2018, 11:01:53 AM »

GG Stu - thanks for the updates from all your tournies!
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 08, 2018, 11:20:13 AM »

Never invested but what a fantastic Vegas update - what a great return for stakers!

Huge well done.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 08, 2018, 11:59:02 AM »

Thank you Stu

Great thread and even better to deal with payment received within hours of details sent

Mark me down for next year
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: