blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:26:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  WSOP action, small buyins
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP action, small buyins  (Read 36562 times)
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2018, 12:45:36 AM »

Keep the updates coming mate. Been checking in most days. Glgl

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2018, 01:56:07 AM »

Busted bullet 2 before itm will post hands later 1hr into the 5pm now have 8k

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2018, 04:01:59 AM »

Good luck, Flushy!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2018, 06:26:37 AM »

Sigh busted last level of the day and only about 50 from ITM, nothing went right after dinner and then busted on my first jam. PLO in 11hrs

Basically only one interesting spot happened after dinner:

I open J9hh from the cutoff to 1500 at 600bb playing 13.2k, BB peels and we see a flop of J33ddh, he checks i bet 1200 he calls, turn he checks i bet 3000 he calls river he checks again and I have 7500 back.

This guy was pretty splashy, had opened a load of pots in EP and folded to 3b a lot, he'd also folded around half his BB's to opens which was obviously a bit contrary to his pfr frequency. My decision boiled down to accurately gauging the range he has that gets to the river and then either calls or folds.

I would expect him to make an aggressive action pre with perhaps 22-QQ maybe KK/AA and probably AT+/KJ+ given my stack size, I imagine he peels all Jxs but would have folded some diamond combos.

On the flop I figure he calls all A high, all 3x all Jx all diamond combos and then some Kx and some bdoor hands like 45hh QThh etc.

On the turn I would expect him to fold those Kx and unimproved bdoor draws, call some Ax, all 3x, and then have some blend of calls/jams with diamonds/Jx.

So by the river I thought it was a close decision on whether to jam or not, can be beaten by JT/QJ/KJ(that didnt rip pre) AA/KK and 3x combos as well perhaps by 44 but as I said this guy just struck me as the type to pile that in pre. Hands that I beat, Jxs and J8o probs the only off suit combo, perhaps the small pairs he might not have jammed (again if hes not ripping pre), 8x 4x diamond draws.

A big consideration was that we are only approx 50 off the money and it leaves me 12bb if i'm beat which is a decent shot at getting ITM, with all things weighed up I decided to check back but still not sure what is best, enter Pleno plz (I guess hard unless we know his calling range on river)

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2018, 06:49:30 AM »

PLO bullet 2

Right so we are off to a decent start again ~15k, drop down to 12k when this hand plays out:

I open AK94ds in mid at 300bb to 800, next 2 call, cutoff folds, btn calls and blinds fold.

Pot is 3650 on A98ssc we have reds, this is perhaps where i make a mistake and upon reflection maybe checking is better, the stacks behind are 20k, 5k, 20k. I lead full pot which is obviously never bad but it just leaves me in a puke spot on so many turn cards, I think i should try and check rip instead as the 5k stack commits so wide here. Anyway the first guy folds, 5k peels leaving dust behind (so pretty much draws) and then the btn overcalls so his range is also limited to draws.

Turn pairs the 8, obviously doesn't improve my hand but is about as good as cards get, i have all the A8xx 99xx AAxx as well as some 78xx with draws. Obviously I can be up against 6789 789T etc maybe some 8x wraps.

So there is 14.4k in the middle and i have ~7500 back, obv I have 0 fold equity in this pot as the tiny stack will be getting to showdown so I'm just deciding how to play my hand against btn, obv my flop value range has all just made a house except A9xx and with the tiny stack looking like hes going to put it in I decided to check as i effectively gain position and if not I would be able to rip half pot on all rivers anyway.

So the short stack jams his bowl and then button jams (lol) pretty ridic he has a jamming hand, I fold he tables 78TJ no spade.

So left with 5k which we rifle in 10 mins later with AA63 and are shown a pretty nice spot, AQJ6. I was down to 1 out by the turn.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2018, 07:29:09 AM »

PLO bullet 3

Hang around to 5pm and then get in again, first interesting pot i play i end up making a laydown to the woman on my left, she flashes her hand to me as she collects the pot and says "I should have raised you sooner" she showed me AQ34 on 2598, it wasn't until the next hand when she tabled A6KK on a T345J board that i realised she thought we were playing hi lo.....

Anyway i get up to about 12k by the first break and then this hand happens at 300bb, James Obst has just won 2x 3b pots to get to 25bb and opens full pot from the hijack 8 handed, the btn is a decent player and has 25k he flats, I flat from the BB with KQ97ds.

The flop comes JT4hhc i have bdoor clubs, this flop creates quite a nice spot as Obst has about 2x pot left, obviously he has lots of hands he cant continue with on this flop as well as quite a few he can, obviously i'm going to be in bad shape against some of those. The button should have far less strong continues, he's flat this open off a big stack, i would expect to see him 3b hands like AKJx nut hearts type hands as well as obv AA/KK.

So with that in mind i decided to leverage the situation by leading as i pretty much want to do with lots of hands in this spot, gives Obst a chance to shove and put it to the btn 6k+ cold, obv when Obst does put it in i'm never going to be loving it but we have a wrap so gamboooool. Obvs of course playing this way if btn does over jam I just fold dusting 3k.

Obst does indeeed jam, btn folds and Obst tables JT92 3 diamonds.....obv if I know hes opening this wide then I love the flop lead even more. Anyway we lose that flip and are down to 6kish.

Now when Obst is in the BB we open AKK8ds, comes to him and he pots it, we get it in and he tables AT87. Again not quite sure what hes doing here, excepting making a flush on the turn.

Milly Maker 1a tomorrow at 10am.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2018, 09:34:16 AM »

Love the reports , run better for the rest of the series.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »

it wasn't until the next hand when she tabled A6KK on a T345J board that i realised she thought we were playing hi lo.....

love it. 
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2018, 01:23:06 PM »

Sigh busted last level of the day and only about 50 from ITM, nothing went right after dinner and then busted on my first jam. PLO in 11hrs

Basically only one interesting spot happened after dinner:

I open J9hh from the cutoff to 1500 at 600bb playing 13.2k, BB peels and we see a flop of J33ddh, he checks i bet 1200 he calls, turn he checks i bet 3000 he calls river he checks again and I have 7500 back.

This guy was pretty splashy, had opened a load of pots in EP and folded to 3b a lot, he'd also folded around half his BB's to opens which was obviously a bit contrary to his pfr frequency. My decision boiled down to accurately gauging the range he has that gets to the river and then either calls or folds.

I would expect him to make an aggressive action pre with perhaps 22-QQ maybe KK/AA and probably AT+/KJ+ given my stack size, I imagine he peels all Jxs but would have folded some diamond combos.

On the flop I figure he calls all A high, all 3x all Jx all diamond combos and then some Kx and some bdoor hands like 45hh QThh etc.

On the turn I would expect him to fold those Kx and unimproved bdoor draws, call some Ax, all 3x, and then have some blend of calls/jams with diamonds/Jx.

So by the river I thought it was a close decision on whether to jam or not, can be beaten by JT/QJ/KJ(that didnt rip pre) AA/KK and 3x combos as well perhaps by 44 but as I said this guy just struck me as the type to pile that in pre. Hands that I beat, Jxs and J8o probs the only off suit combo, perhaps the small pairs he might not have jammed (again if hes not ripping pre), 8x 4x diamond draws.

A big consideration was that we are only approx 50 off the money and it leaves me 12bb if i'm beat which is a decent shot at getting ITM, with all things weighed up I decided to check back but still not sure what is best, enter Pleno plz (I guess hard unless we know his calling range on river)

J3348 vs bb?

Assuming you want to value bet rather than bluff I would most likely check turn and go for bigger street OTR, he will have some random QTbdfd floats OTF, people generally overbluffing once initiative is surrendered on a previous street so he may do some dumb bluff like ATo when board runs out J3347, can bluff all his KQs etc and when he does check 3 times we can go for a bigger street on the river than the turn, it will confuse him and generally when people are confused they want to know the answer. I would go 3 streets with QJ+

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2018, 02:20:29 PM »

I think the flop lead with the wrap is defo best play there, Obst just punting

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2018, 05:28:38 PM »

Cheers lads, especially Pleno and yeah 100% confused people call, especially at the wsop ha

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2018, 09:16:03 PM »

Disaster, busted start of 75/150 will post hands later.

Decided to re enter now rather than 10am tomorrow.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »

Ha doubled already guy went for the absolute puntoff

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2018, 11:51:15 PM »

37k going into 150-300 will post hands later

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2018, 11:53:45 PM »

GOGOGO!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: