blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:37:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19  (Read 42944 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2018, 10:41:27 AM »

This thread might well bomb completely, but let's give it & go & see what happens.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 10:46:01 AM »

QPR were fined a whopping £42 million for breaking FFP rules. The settlement includes a transfer embargo in January 2019.

It's not quite what it seems, but it's still a mighty blow, & there must be a chance that The Camel's beloved QPR might just be in freefall now.

Relegation odds? At 5/1, the value ship has long since sailed, but it might be worth getting against them in other markets. It's really hard, to my naïve thinking, to see how they are going to have a good season.

Here's the Champo Relegation markets;

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »

Despite a change of ownership, all is far from well at Villa, with money problems persisting.

Steve Bruce was rumoured to be under threat, but survived, which is probably a good thing for Villa.

Even so, Grealish is certain to depart very soon, destination unknown, as is James Chester, who is likely to move across to Stoke. 

Think they are too good to go down (12/1 does not tempt, either) but they might well struggle. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 10:54:38 AM »

Down in L1, Peterborough are 5/1 to be promoted, & 10/1 to be relegated.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »

In the Championship, Brentford, in what is may be their last full season at Griffin Park, have become talking horses the last few seasons, and I'm not sure 5/1 to be promoted appeals much. 

Would love it to happen though.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 11:22:29 AM »

Had one ante-post bet so far , Wigan at 40-1 , top 6 6-1.

Championship wide open , teams coming down from Prem don't inspire.

Forest trying to do a Wolves but not convinced even though their 10s from 20s.

Villa we all know have problems.

Brentford I like but not value.

Will also be getting with Wigan on match bets probably.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 11:26:46 AM »

good thread idea this will be.  Confidently expect it to be a one season visit for the stokies of blonde however.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »

Inclined to agree with arb re: Champo. Think Stoke win it.

Wigan not for me, when their marquee signing is the shambles that is Leo de Silva Lopes. His highlights reel on youtube is more like a bloopers reel. Amazing that Fry managed to get seven figures for him.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 02:09:56 PM »

Champ = no strong views

League One = With Burton in all markets and spreads essentially the same squad that did so well in the champ the fact they stayed up for one season means they are also now in a very good financially position, priced up like a lower mid table team, like a top scorer but waiting for a drift hopefully. With Luton win only

League Two = Lincoln Lincoln and Lincoln No idea why bigger than Notts County should be 5/1 favs for me Akinde and Andrade look tailor made to fit in beautifully upfront
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 03:32:52 PM »

Inclined to agree with arb re: Champo. Think Stoke win it.

Wigan not for me, when their marquee signing is the shambles that is Leo de Silva Lopes. His highlights reel on youtube is more like a bloopers reel. Amazing that Fry managed to get seven figures for him.

How is Derby new forward who came from you? Good enough to get 20+, have some good young attacking options there now too, don't seem to buy any defenders though.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 04:14:50 PM »

Marriott is a natural goalscorer. Hope he does well but honestly have no idea.

He's not great at either holding the ball up or with his head, but he's quick and reads the game well.

Good bit of business for Posh, getting 10x investement after just a year, although the Shatters have a decent % coming back.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 09:17:02 AM »

Champ = no strong views

League One = With Burton in all markets and spreads essentially the same squad that did so well in the champ the fact they stayed up for one season means they are also now in a very good financially position, priced up like a lower mid table team, like a top scorer but waiting for a drift hopefully. With Luton win only

League Two = Lincoln Lincoln and Lincoln No idea why bigger than Notts County should be 5/1 favs for me Akinde and Andrade look tailor made to fit in beautifully upfront

Agree on Burton. Bookies have priced them to be in the lower half of league which looks an error to me.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 09:52:43 AM »

Just small bets this season , nothing really stands out at the minute...

Championship         Derby
League One           Fleetwood
League Two           Swindon
National League     Fylde

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 07:57:10 AM »

The season starts at 8pm tonight with Reading at home to Derby, live on Sky Sports.

Derby seem to be splitting opinions at the moment, so maybe some clues will emerge.

Prices?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/reading-v-derby/winner

Or, to save clicking;

Reading - 5/2

Draw - 9/4

Derby - 5/4

I'm quite hopeful Derby will have a good season, as I was a bit of a Lampard fan, & whilst top players rarely develop into top Managers, he has a great work ethic & seems highly regarded in the business.

The bookies  are taking no chances on Derby - 5/4 away from home feels very skinny to me, although Reading had a dismal time last season, narrowly escaping relegation in the very last game. Even so, 5/4 Derby does not appeal.

Score predictions?

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 09:44:33 AM »

0-0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: