blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19  (Read 44500 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2018, 04:40:17 PM »

Evans does that every game. A lot of Posh fans find it embarrassing, but it makes me chuckle.

Drysdale seems to get a lot of top-end L1 games but I've no idea why, as he had no authority at all. The ticking off he gave the two managers before the second half was absurd.

Evans was giving it his usual and Stendel just said he didn't understand what was being said.

It was a Championship squad against an bunch of hard-working L1-level jocks who had an off-day.

Potts and Mowatt ran the show. Your midfield is up there with Wigan's from last season and you'll walk it.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2018, 04:54:11 PM »

I didn’t go but plenty of chat on the fan forums about Evans swearing at our coaching staff, refusing to shake hands, etc

Sounds about right!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2018, 07:39:59 PM »

Bradley Dack
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2018, 09:38:46 AM »

Peterborough are away to Sunderland tonight.

I reckon Posh will go 4-5-1, with;

Chapman, Naismith, Daniel, Taff, Bennett, Woodyard, Ward, Maddison, O'Hara, Walker, Toney.

What you reckon, Chomps?

The Fat Jock went with exactly that team v Barnsley yesterday and we got torn four new ones. I knew!

Kieffer went off injured after about 20 but it didn't look anything too bad. That guy is some unit.

EDIT: Impact injury and expected to be out for two weeks.

I didn’t go but plenty of chat on the fan forums about Evans swearing at our coaching staff, refusing to shake hands, etc.

Quite odd, as the game didn’t appear to have any flashpoints to trigger this.  You got an early penalty, missed it, and it sounds like we dominated things after that.

Worrying to see Keiffer get injured, which means our two main strikers are both out of action short-term, but good to see that we still had goals in the team without him.

A huge win for us today after failing to beat Plymouth on Tuesday, who were much better than their league position suggests.

We made Plymouth look good this weekend... Writing must be on the wall for Ardley after losing to two of the very few teams below us in the past week. Sad times Sad

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »

Go get Gary Bowyer while he's still available imo.

I wonder if Plymouth are about to do what they did last season?

What is it with these west country teams and slow starts? Bristol Rovers every season, Plymouth. Don't see either going down tbh.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2018, 10:46:41 AM »

I guess this, loosely speaking, counts as "breaking news" these days, though hardly a shock.

"Macclesfield Town are saddened to announce that First Team Manager Mark Yates is to leave the club."

Which is good timing, as only this morning I read that Macclesfield Town have gone 35 league games without a win, which takes some doing. Being as they only got promoted in April of this year, it had me scratching my head for a bit, but eventually I worked it out. I'm good like that. Eventually.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2018, 11:38:08 AM »

Wednesday played Villa, Stoke, Leeds, West Brom, Forest and Bristol City in last 6 games.

Tough games with all expected to be pushing for promotion in top half of table.

Lost once and now in top 6. Even above Tikay's Brentford.

Getting it quietly hopefully.
apezmonkeyz

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2018, 06:29:56 PM »

As a season ticket holder down at Ashton gate i was there to see us lose to Sheff Wed at the weekend. In my opinion, two very poor teams. Bristol City look devoid of all confidence in front of the goal. Sheff Wed just capitalised on our errors. It kills me to say this but Bristol City arent doing anything this season as i cant see what will inspire us to get in the right frame of mind.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2018, 06:57:57 PM »

What's happened to Mo Eisa this season?

apezmonkeyz

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2018, 07:34:24 PM »

hes been injured. Due back soon. However i did see him come on as sub in one game. Basically he spent 20 minutes looking up at the sky as we lumped balls sixty foot over his head. When we get the ball down we're good, but as we get more desperate the higher the ball goes.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2018, 08:52:36 AM »

As a season ticket holder down at Ashton gate i was there to see us lose to Sheff Wed at the weekend. In my opinion, two very poor teams. Bristol City look devoid of all confidence in front of the goal. Sheff Wed just capitalised on our errors. It kills me to say this but Bristol City arent doing anything this season as i cant see what will inspire us to get in the right frame of mind.

Very happy to get 3 points when not at our best. This league is a grind. Cardiff and Huddersfield have proved that you don’t have to the best squad or the best football to get promoted.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2018, 11:46:59 PM »

Brentford's Dean Smith is appointed Aston Villa manager, with John Terry as his assistant.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2018, 09:32:20 AM »

In the last 15 minutes, Thomas Frank has gone from 6/1 to 1/4 to be the next @BrentfordFC head coach

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »

In the last 15 minutes, Thomas Frank has gone from 6/1 to 1/4 to be the next @BrentfordFC head coach

He's the current Assistant Coach, so I guess it makes sense. It was already known he would be temporarily in charge.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2018, 11:41:10 AM »

With impeccable timing, just as a new chapter starts at Aston Villa, an old one closes, as Sir Doug Ellis passed away this morning.

He was not too popular with Villa fans, but he seemed a decent enough chap to me, & I believe The Camel was especially fond of him.

RIP Doug.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Ellis

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: