blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:38:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Structure nowadays in Dtd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Structure nowadays in Dtd  (Read 10108 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 04:54:22 PM »

More negative 💩.

It’s all to do with the number of big blinds you start with. The rest doesn’t really matter.

The emboldened bit above is why it's bloody ridiculous because as you correctly say it really doesn't matter.

I just don't get why they needed to multiply everything by ten in the first place? Do you really need a billion chips in play at the start of a tournament?

This isn't an exaggeration by the way, there was a tournament at DTD recently with 1000000000+ chips in play.

About half of these belonged to BRS players Wink

I added a wink... It was a joke... Don't bite my head off.....

the structures follow the partypoker live structures

fewer big blinds in the starting stack (150x or so) but extra levels in the mid game and towards the final table such that there is more play when you need it

Patrick developed the structure with PPL and it plays exceptionally well. shove fests late on are  (from what i can see, don't play many myself) pretty much a thing of the past but you can't sit there for hours waiting for hand early somuch

Yeah I've heard they're really good now and much flatter. Gone are the old 'hyper giant ultra stack' comps where you started with 2000bbs but if you didn't play a hand for 3 levels you were down to 100 Cheesy

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 05:01:10 PM »

If it wasn't so far, I'd be up there most weekends to donate.

Played at the Millions last month, and really enjoyed it, even though it was a little too busy for my unstable self Smiley

If I'd not fallen out of love with poker for various reasons I'd be the same, I used to be there at least 3 times per week and absolutely loved it.

I had some fantastic times at DTD and have got to know some great people as a direct result of going there so I'll always be grateful to the place for that.

I still think starting with 150k chips is stupid though.... Sorry Neil Wink

I have gone much the same, but still like the occasionally splash around.

I used to be super jealous reading about all the exploits on here, during the live updates.

I'm going to try and get a few days off work to hit that WSOP(C) festival in January.

It is if they started the blinds at 25/50, like some comps with 50k starting chips did.

I quite like the Party structures, but would prefer button, over BB ante.

we were button ante but Duthie and Rob consulted players (polls on social media and discussions in groups) and the vote was about 65% big blind over button ante, hence the change

I think it encourages more action, so can see why it's preferred by most players.

I don't mind either, for what it's worth Smiley

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 11:32:14 PM »

Played at the Millions last month, and really enjoyed it, even though it was a little too busy for my unstable self Smiley

If I'd not fallen out of love with poker for various reasons I'd be the same, I used to be there at least 3 times per week and absolutely loved it.

I had some fantastic times at DTD and have got to know some great people as a direct result of going there so I'll always be grateful to the place for that.

I used to be super jealous reading about all the exploits on here, during the live updates.

I'm going to try and get a few days off work to hit that WSOP(C) festival in January.

It is if they started the blinds at 25/50, like some comps with 50k starting chips did.

Ooh, you can't just slip that in so casually.  A circuit ring is pretty rare in Europe?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 11:57:48 PM »

Ooh, you can't just slip that in so casually.  A circuit ring is pretty rare in Europe?

I thought everyone would know it's on, as it's being held at DTD.

Few good comps over the few weeks it's on, too - https://partypokerlive.com/en/event/wsop-c-uk-2019/schedule

Only rings I'll be getting, are donuts from the local Starbies Grin

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 07:47:06 AM »

Ooh, you can't just slip that in so casually.  A circuit ring is pretty rare in Europe?

Few good comps over the few weeks it's on, too - https://partypokerlive.com/en/event/wsop-c-uk-2019/schedule

WSOP-C will happen next year, but the date will probably (pretty certainly) change.
This was pulled from all sites a couple of weeks ago - is it still visible somewhere or do you still have the link in your browser?

Apologies if we haven't been clear on this - should have a better picture over the next week or so.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 08:56:59 AM »

WSOP-C will happen next year, but the date will probably (pretty certainly) change.
This was pulled from all sites a couple of weeks ago - is it still visible somewhere or do you still have the link in your browser?

Apologies if we haven't been clear on this - should have a better picture over the next week or so.

Arghhh

Don't move the dates!

I was planning on making an appearance!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 09:01:48 AM »

Arghhh

Don't move the dates!

This.   It was perfectly timed for me. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 12:05:51 PM »

Arghhh

Don't move the dates!

This.   It was perfectly timed for me. 

Funnily enough this was the one that I was tempted to make my comeback for.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 12:47:04 PM »

Neil, https://partypokerlive.com/en/event/wsop-c-uk-2019/schedule# is still live.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »

It's up in the 'Tournament Events' section on 2p2, but not a lively thread.

Do you have any other expected dates, or is it all TBD, Neil?

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 01:52:15 PM »

The page is still live, just hidden.
Hopefully will know more over the next week or so. Will post in here as soon as there is some news.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 02:17:25 PM »

It is listed on various third party sites like hendon mob, global poker index, pokernews etc. You might want to get on them to take it down to avoid confusion.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 11:55:59 PM »

But might as well be 50/100/100 with 15k starting stack.

Would make providing change for the next four levels fun given they would be 60/120, 70/140, 80/160, 90/180...

Ha ha, fair enough. Still generally think the squillion chips thing has gone a bit far though.

I also like the reshove fests late on as it helps negate the skill advantage of my opponents Smiley

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2018, 11:43:38 AM »

Personally I hate the mega-huge starting stack mega-huge blinds format.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 11:59:37 AM »

Personally I hate the mega-huge starting stack mega-huge blinds format.

because?

150x big blind starting is fine isn't it?

lots of extra levels

much much more playable at the business end as a result

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: